Official Issac Luke signs with St George-Illawarra

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 year deal

Apologies if already posted.
Cue the criticism of our board for not signing him.

Personally I think he'd have been a penalty magnet if he played here. Glad we didn't sign him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Before we signed Katoa I thought he would of been a good option for us as a mercenary signing for 1 year. I'm more interested in the Hooker we're buying for 2021 tho if anyone. I think it's a massive mistake starting Luke and moving McInnes to Lock which has been floated around.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh.!! Would have been ok for a short deal NEXT .!!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I wanted to sign an ageing number 9, I'd sign a smart one. Issac Lukes best asset were his darts from dummy half..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only Mary would move a top three hooker to lock to accommodate an over the hill Luke. How he hasn't been fired is beyond me...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only Mary would move a top three hooker to lock to accommodate an over the hill Luke. How he hasn't been fired is beyond me...
He can't be far off. If St George have another bad season you would think that would have to be it for him. He's been hanging by a thread the last couple of seasons for sure.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He can't be far off. If St George have another bad season you would think that would have to be it for him. He's been hanging by a thread the last couple of seasons for sure.
I think it speaks volumes with how content Saints are to just make up the numbers. A better coach would have had them as a consistent top 4 team the last few years. A club with any genuine ambition would have fired Mary long ago as he's proven how inept he is.

But hey, if anyone wants to shoot themselves in the foot, I'm glad it's Saints!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it speaks volumes with how content Saints are to just make up the numbers. A better coach would have had them as a consistent top 4 team the last few years. A club with any genuine ambition would have fired Mary long ago as he's proven how inept he is.

Exactly right. He has had decent squads and achieved nothing. Every season when they start talking about "first coach being sacked" I always think it will be him. Somehow he has managed to escape. There's been better coaches sacked before him.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I can see the Gould influence there. It will end in failure.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can see the Gould influence there. It will end in failure.
Yeah I fail to see how any comprehensive review wouldn't recommend that McGregor be fired. Mary must have some serious dirt on the Saints officials to still be coaching there.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I wanted to sign an ageing number 9, I'd sign a smart one. Issac Lukes best asset were his darts from dummy half..
Hopefully we get Jake Friend over the line soon, he would be an amazing signing along with BJ Leilua

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both would be poor signings. Both do not offer anything we dont already have.
We have a good recruit in Katoa. He will surprise a few this next season.
So just to clarify, BJ is no better than Kerrod Holland?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really don't get this signing. They let go of a promising player in Robson and signed Luke - Their only recruit for 2020 and if reports are true, they will be moving their best and most involved player to lock to accommodate him.

Very strange

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully we get Jake Friend over the line soon, he would be an amazing signing along with BJ Leilua
Would be contempt with Leilua man. Jake Friend isn't a neccessary signing tbh. Would rather give more game time to JMK and Katoa.