News Israel Folau on the verge of NRL return as Dragons submit application for two-year deal

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taking out his baggage, he is just another washed up dud looking to make some money IE SBW.
Yes. Spot on. Even without all of that other shit, what's the attraction for a club trying to move forward? I just don't see why we would even consider it, especially now.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The whole thing was bullshit. The Dragons just mentioned Folau so no one would talk about their treatment of their captain.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
#1 we've moved on from signing up hasbeens. Simple as that. Why tie up cap space to an aging past player who hasn't played league in how many years?

Upset the left tree huggers? At the end of the day, no matter what political, religous or whatever view you have, he put himself before the team. Again and again and again. We don't need him.

And he'd bring controvery. You know. I know it. We all know it.

Not what the club needs.

Period.
He put his faith as number 1 nothing wrong with that el Masri did the same.

he hasn’t played league in how long?
Catalan are a rugby league team.
he is signed to them at the moment

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He put his faith as number 1 nothing wrong with that el Masri did the same.

he hasn’t played league in how long?
Catalan are a rugby league team.
he is signed to them at the moment
He put his faith in what? Sorry. Don't understand what you're trying to say.

Hasn't played league in aus was what I was trying to say. Hes jumped from this sport to that.

Not the player we need. Simples

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Wife beaters, rapists, violent mofos, DUI culprits all get given another chance time and again and because this kient said homosexuals wont go heaven he is blacklisted. What a mockery that everyone needs to bend over backwards because the LBGT community cant harden up. Most of you mofos dont even believe in the bible so who cares what Izzy says. Its not real for you right?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wife beaters, rapists, violent mofos, DUI culprits all get given another chance time and again and because this kient said homosexuals wont go heaven he is blacklisted. What a mockery that everyone needs to bend over backwards because the LBGT community cant harden up. Most of you mofos dont even believe in the bible so who cares what Izzy says. Its not real for you right?
Lol. OK mate.

Defo not going to get into a debate as to the morales or whatever behind what Izzy said. At the end of the day, there'll always be worse things people have done but that doesn't make what he did better or worse. Judge him on his actions alone.

A few things:

1) We don't need him as a player. He's in his latter years. He's focused on himself, rather than his team. We're building for the future. He doesn't fit into what we're trying to do. Simple. As a player, without all of the other crap, I wouldn't want him anyway.

2) We don't need his baggage. It's not whether we agree with his views or not, he'll bring drama to the club which we don't need. We're just getting out of a circus of a year, do we want to re-enter one?

Stop making this about the bible because it's not. Stop trying to justify it because there are 'worse' offenders playing league because it doesn't matter.

The simple fact is that he's a player we don't need, and shouldn't be going after.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Lol. OK mate.

Defo not going to get into a debate as to the morales or whatever behind what Izzy said. At the end of the day, there'll always be worse things people have done but that doesn't make what he did better or worse. Judge him on his actions alone.

A few things:

1) We don't need him as a player. He's in his latter years. He's focused on himself, rather than his team. We're building for the future. He doesn't fit into what we're trying to do. Simple. As a player, without all of the other crap, I wouldn't want him anyway.

2) We don't need his baggage. It's not whether we agree with his views or not, he'll bring drama to the club which we don't need. We're just getting out of a circus of a year, do we want to re-enter one?

Stop making this about the bible because it's not. Stop trying to justify it because there are 'worse' offenders playing league because it doesn't matter.

The simple fact is that he's a player we don't need, and shouldn't be going after.
I never said it had to be with the dragons lol. All im saying is the NRL obstructing any possible return to any of the 16 teams is hypocritical.

If you're going to give other criminals in the code numerous chances, why not give him one too. You can always put a 1 strike you're out in his contract. Im pretty sure he wouldnt want to fuck up as this would be his last chance really at his age.

STOP ASSUMING THINGS I NEVER SAID. My post had nothing to do with the dragons. IT WAS AIMED AT THE NRL

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I never said it had to be with the dragons lol. All im saying is the NRL obstructing any possible return to any of the 16 teams is hypocritical.

If you're going to give other criminals in the code numerous chances, why not give him one too. You can always put a 1 strike you're out in his contract. Im pretty sure he wouldnt want to fuck up as this would be his last chance really at his age.

STOP ASSUMING THINGS I NEVER SAID. My post had nothing to do with the dragons. IT WAS AIMED AT THE NRL
Um ... Dragons? Not sure what you're on about there buddy. Sorry.

As for being hypocritical? Yep. The world is hypocritical but I can understand why they wouldn't want him in the NRL. They, much like the Dogs, don't need the drama. Who can blame them?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol. OK mate.

A few things:

Well said; and great that you highlighted the straw man deflection about his religion. The fact is that he breached his contract, and is not sorry for doing so. How can we be sure he wouldn't do an SBW on us? And the media would hound us day and night.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said; and great that you highlighted the straw man deflection about his religion. The fact is that he breached his contract, and is not sorry for doing so. How can we be sure he wouldn't do an SBW on us? And the media would hound us day and night
He didn’t breach his contract, as determined by a court, where they awarded him damages because the contract breach was not by him.

Go Dogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I spoke with numerous dragon fans today wanting him to sign. In fact most footy fans I spoke with said they’d hope he sign.
Ah, the good old piece of anecdotal evidence. Case closed, your honour ....lol

PC brigade for sure. Everyone I spoke with, footy fans mind you, didn’t care. It’s funny he can’t say what he feels, yet the pc brigade can say what they want, stop him working and earning a living. Most of em couldn’t even name the dragons coach let alone anything else.
Were you as concerned about the career of Colin Kaepernick when conservatives practically ran him out of the NFL for exercising his right to free speech and expression? I bet you weren’t.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s a shame that the dragons decided to pull the pin. I was looking forward to rubber band therapy round....

Maybe he can get a gig in the BBL (Bible Bash League)....

If he can’t pass the footy, at least he can pass the collection plate....

Ok, I’m out of jokes for now..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He didn’t breach his contract, as determined by a court, where they awarded him damages because the contract breach was not by him.

Go Dogs
The court didn’t award him anything ..... he was offered a settlement (which may well have been less costly for the ARU than allowing the matter to be dragged on through the courts.

You’re as loose in your interpretation of the legal process as the originator of THAT meme was with the bible thst was supposedly being “quoted”.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ah, the good old piece of anecdotal evidence. Case closed, your honour ....lol

Were you as concerned about the career of Colin Kaepernick when conservatives practically ran him out of the NFL for exercising his right to free speech and expression? I bet you weren’t.
It’s a thread about Folau joining the dragons and returning to the NRL. Let’s keep it on track.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol. OK mate.

A few things:

Seems like you have an agenda against falou and you are trying to convince us he is a shit player that won’t add anything to our club.

you obviously have something agaisnt what he said and this is the only reason you don’t want him not only in our club but back in league.

just another lefti tree hugger

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Um ... Dragons? Not sure what you're on about there buddy. Sorry.

As for being hypocritical? Yep. The world is hypocritical but I can understand why they wouldn't want him in the NRL. They, much like the Dogs, don't need the drama. Who can blame them?
so allowing a player like lodge or packer back into the nrl isn’t drama?

Its bullshit and you know it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seems like you have an agenda against falou and you are trying to convince us he is a shit player that won’t add anything to our club.

you obviously have something agaisnt what he said and this is the only reason you don’t want him not only in our club but back in league.

just another lefti tree hugger
Ehy? WTF are you on about? This topic has certainly touched a nerve with you my friend. I'm not sure why you're getting all personal with me about this as I certainly haven't with you ...

Whether you want to admit it or not, bringing Izzy to the Dogs would bring a lot of unneeded press and negativity. The press and general public LOVES to put the Dogs down, this would give them another stick to beat us with. And you know it.

At no point have I argued about the reasons why they'd do this. I personally don't see it as important. But it's a FACT that it would bring a mountain of pressure on our club. Pressure we don't need. Period.

As for him being a shit player.

He's not the right player for us at this time. No. We sign him up as centre, then it takes us out of the equation for younger players like Staggs or Crighton who'd be with us for many many more years, and would offer us more in the short and long term. Why bring him to the club?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
so allowing a player like lodge or packer back into the nrl isn’t drama?

Its bullshit and you know it.
Is it important? It is what it is.

It's just plain logic. Would it be worth signing a 31+ year old Izzy who hasn't played league in Australia for X amount of year, who's shown he won't put his team mates / club before himself, who'll 100% cause controversy with future comments etc. etc.

Is it worth it? Forget the comparisons as they mean nothing. It is what it is.

Is it worth for the club going through all of that crap?

No.