News Israel Folau on the verge of NRL return as Dragons submit application for two-year deal

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
eh, it would have blown over eventually, as does any controversal player

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The above sentence encompasses the problem, being respectful of all, in a practical sense, is impossible. Israel Folua's father Eni Folau is a Church Pastor and his fellow parishioners and other devout Christians would not accept even Israel's silence. Keeping in mind what he actually said in the post, which was a screenshot quoting 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 "WARNING Drunks, Homosexuals, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists, Idolators HELL AWAITS YOU."

What he is guilty of is quoting a book that is thousands of years old, one that is held is the ultimate esteem by billions of people world wide. Personally I'm not comfortable with the precedent that simply by quoting a book I too could be vilified and persecuted in the same fashion. Whether you, I or someone else believes what a book says or not is irrelevant, what is relevant is that no one should ever be condemned for simply quoting a book.

Expressing outrage about something, anything, everything is essentially a modern pastime. If we look hard enough there is always something to be outraged over. When a society is social media saturated and everyone can have their own public platform they are going to have endless opportunities to complain bitterly about people saying "terrible" things. Even if the "terrible" thing was written by someone else thousands of years ago.

What strikes me as being interesting is that the countless numbers of us "Drunks, Adulterers, Liars, Fornicators, Thieves, Atheists and Idolators" don't seem to be troubled too much by the biblical quote.

Go Dogs
The PC brigade will try and rewrite the bible soon. It’s pathetic, who cares what he thinks or quotes he’s a grown man. I’m sick of the other side of it telling me how to think. I don’t have to like homosexuals or drunks or anyone.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
eh, it would have blown over eventually, as does any controversal player
No way. The press would have hounded the guy for another quote :grinning:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I spoke with numerous dragon fans today wanting him to sign. In fact most footy fans I spoke with said they’d hope he sign.
It was pretty mixed from what I saw with most footy fans not really fussed by him coming back. The PC brigade was really ripping in today and unfortunately they hold a lot of sway these days. The Dragons must have been pretty naive to think it wasn’t going to cause controversy.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was pretty mixed from what I saw with most footy fans not really fussed by him coming back. The PC brigade was really ripping in today and unfortunately they hold a lot of sway these days. The Dragons must have been pretty naive to think it wasn’t going to cause controversy.
PC brigade for sure. Everyone I spoke with, footy fans mind you, didn’t care. It’s funny he can’t say what he feels, yet the pc brigade can say what they want, stop him working and earning a living. Most of em couldn’t even name the dragons coach let alone anything else.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
PC brigade for sure. Everyone I spoke with, footy fans mind you, didn’t care. It’s funny he can’t say what he feels, yet the pc brigade can say what they want, stop him working and earning a living. Most of em couldn’t even name the dragons coach let alone anything else.
Would you want him at the Dogs? I certainly wouldn't.

Call it PC brigade or whatever, I'd be livid if the club signed him. Not because of whether he's good enough as a player or not, but the shit he'd bring. We just don't need more of that shit.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would you want him at the Dogs? I certainly wouldn't.

Call it PC brigade or whatever, I'd be livid if the club signed him. Not because of whether he's good enough as a player or not, but the shit he'd bring. We just don't need more of that shit.
As a fan I’d love him at the dogs. When he’s scoring try’s, catching balls leaping through the air. I couldn’t care less about the other crap.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wouldn't want him here even for free.....he is a dickhead and whilst idgaf personally about the homophobe comment him and Hoppa would spend half the week trying to convert everyone :laughing: pissoff FLOGau

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cancel culture should cancel itself.
it ultimately does but not before it cancels and/or waters down or just simply ruins everything - history, art, politics, culture, entertainment, business, individual liberties, literature, sport, faith, comedy, music etc.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would love him at the dogs
Why? As a player ... he's been away from the game so long? Why would we do that to ourselves?

As a person he just brings way too much drama to a club that needs it least. How would he benefit the team?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why? As a player ... he's been away from the game so long? Why would we do that to ourselves?

As a person he just brings way too much drama to a club that needs it least. How would he benefit the team?
he would bring fans back to the game, help us rebuild,
Controversy? What upset the lefti tree huggers?
Players who have done much worse have been accepted back with open arms

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
he would bring fans back to the game, help us rebuild,
Controversy? What upset the lefti tee huggers?
Players who have done much worse have been accepted back with open arms
#1 we've moved on from signing up hasbeens. Simple as that. Why tie up cap space to an aging past player who hasn't played league in how many years?

Upset the left tree huggers? At the end of the day, no matter what political, religous or whatever view you have, he put himself before the team. Again and again and again. We don't need him.

And he'd bring controvery. You know. I know it. We all know it.

Not what the club needs.

Period.