Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
there is no way he posted that not knowing there would be backlash

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
To everyone saying he was trying to get out of his contract: The world cup is just a few months away where he was due to make a lot of money and NRL is underway and European rugby is nearly over, so he's losing out on some major bank.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guess who Folau’s manager is? Isaac Moses! So any doubt this wasn’t planned is out the window now.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think he's just a crazy stupid fundamentalist. I doubt he will get signed by any team in Australia or Europe who'd risk sponsors walking away.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am happy Folau spoke his mind political correctness has everyone tip toeing on egg shells these days. Thou shall not upset minority groups , get the fuck out of here and F@CK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
getting angry at free speech is also free speech

also working on Sunday/Saturday is a sin so folau needs to repent or ask god for a pass

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
All the salt on the insta photo is hillarious. Lots of "people" really showing what ugly, hateful scum they are.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Guess who Folau’s manager is? Isaac Moses! So any doubt this wasn’t planned is out the window now.
Oh ... suprise suprise! He's going to get a nice little cut of his French Rugby contract... Rumour is its double what he's currently getting from Rugby Australia.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is unfair dismissal. A good lawyer could get him out of this .

You can't just sack someone for such a tiny endightment which doesn't break any law.
He should be offered counselling first, at the very least.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is unfair dismissal. A good lawyer could get him out of this .

You can't just sack someone for such a tiny endightment which doesn't break any law.
He should be offered counselling first, at the very least.
As far as I’m concerned he has a serious mental condition so you’re right!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking through the hit list, i'm clearly off to hell. But, to be honest. i'd rather this hell place to anywhere somewhere like Falou would be going. The drunks and fornicators would be a lot more fun.

Or as Billy Joel puts it: "They say there's a heaven for those who will wait. Some say it's better but I say it ain't. I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints".

Maybe AC/DC were right:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He isn't sacked yet.... they are intending on terminating his contract.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:
https://www.rugbyau.com/news/2019/0...-rugby-union-statement-regarding-israel-folau

11th April 2019

Rugby Australia Chief Executive, Raelene Castle and NSW Rugby Union CEO, Andrew Hore have issued the following statement in relation to Israel Folau.

"Rugby Australia and the New South Wales Rugby Union have made repeated attempts to contact Israel both directly and via his representatives since 6.30pm on Wednesday, and at this point he has failed to communicate directly with either organisation.

"Whilst Israel is entitled to his religious beliefs, the way in which he has expressed these beliefs is inconsistent with the values of the sport. We want to make it clear that he does not speak for the game with his recent social media posts.

"Israel has failed to understand that the expectation of him as a Rugby Australia and NSW Waratahs employee is that he cannot share material on social media that condemns, vilifies or discriminates against people on the basis of their sexuality.

"Rugby is a sport that continuously works to unite people. We want everyone to feel safe and welcome in our game and no vilification based on race, gender, religion or sexuality is acceptable and no language that isolates, divides or insults people based on any of those factors can be tolerated.

"As a code we have made it clear to Israel formally and repeatedly that any social media posts or commentary that is in any way disrespectful to people because of their sexuality will result in disciplinary action.

"In the absence of compelling mitigating factors, it is our intention to terminate his contract."
Decision made, just following due process by advising they're intending to terminate in his absence. By not responding Falau getsan easy out without facing media and concludes deal for his next pay day.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking through the hit list, i'm clearly off to hell. But, to be honest. i'd rather this hell place to anywhere somewhere like Falou would be going. The drunks and fornicators would be a lot more fun.

Or as Billy Joel puts it: "They say there's a heaven for those who will wait. Some say it's better but I say it ain't. I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints".

Maybe AC/DC were right:

You realise hell isn't a fun place. It's eternal torture

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You realise hell isn't a fun place. It's eternal torture
Hell surely would be great. Satan would welcome you with open arms - you're one of his homies.

But seriously, I'd probably be this guy:

Status
Not open for further replies.