Israel Folau / Clive Palmer - Comedy Gold

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anybody else watching this press conference. Hilarious.

He's super excited to be playing C Grade local footy with Clive as his backer.

Only on the Gold Coast could this happen.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Quoting the bible should not get you this treatment. He is wasted playing park footy.

Anyways Trex and Izyy's brother John are joining the same team now

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't agree with his tweets at all. But yeah, the NRL has set a low bar regarding the moral expectations for players.
What part don't you agree with? I saw a lot of people continuously saying this as a disclaimer before they commented on the Folau situation

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
What a duo they make.. let him play just so he can get belted around! I'm sure many NRL players would love to give him some lovin' on the footy field

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What a duo they make.. let him play just so he can get belted around! I'm sure many NRL players would love to give him some lovin' on the footy field
Sorry but getting sponsored, or involved, with Clive Palmer that crook, and chalatan, is only asking for derision and public vilification by association.

I hope the club members have thought this through or does Clive own it?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What part don't you agree with? I saw a lot of people continuously saying this as a disclaimer before they commented on the Folau situation
I just don't think it was Folaus place to use his profile to cast judgement as he did. You don't see gay people tweeting to try same sex relationships, drinks pushing alcohol on people who don't want it etc. So not really his place to call out his religious views in what many would deem a hateful manner.

The simple fact that this is still popping up as a conversation probably justifies why he's not been accepted back by the NRL. In saying that, I would have excluded anyone that has a history of domestic violence and serious criminal records. My main point is that the NRL are loose with their moral boundaries. I think if he hadn't sued rugby for his sacking he'd have been welcomed with open arms.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Extreme MUNG is old Clive, when they made up the term loose cannon this **** was their muse :laughing:

Fwiw I agree Folau should be allowed back into the NRL move on the rants were years ago

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Extreme MUNG is old Clive, when they made up the term loose cannon this **** was their muse :laughing:

Fwiw I agree Folau should be allowed back into the NRL move on the rants were years ago
It's concern about all the crap and controversy he will generate I believe.

The press go crazy, and there's certainly enough rubbish the NRLol are responsible for now, all on their own, let alone the no win situation of having Folau running around generating clicks and other societal issues other than footy.

He isn't worth the risk or hoohaa.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i think we can move on if he apologises though vaguely recall he wasnt prepared to do that? im just saying i dont think it would be that big an issue maybe im wrong.
Will say i dont really care much whether he does or doesnt come back(time is ticking away age wise too)and i'm sure Clive is handsomely rewarding him so yeh..do think clive is more of a dickhead myself, god knows what he gets up to behind closed doors hmmm?

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
i think we can move on if he apologises though vaguely recall he wasnt prepared to do that? im just saying i dont think it would be that big an issue maybe im wrong.
Will say i dont really care much whether he does or doesnt come back(time is ticking away age wise too)and i'm sure Clive is handsomely rewarding him so yeh..do think clive is more of a dickhead myself, god knows what he gets up to behind closed doors hmmm?
Most agree the situation is overkill especially seeing as NRL have Lodge, of all crims, allowed to play, but that says something about the media frenzy that the press drum up.

Especially risky business for the Bulldogs to get into, what with the way we are vilified.

Clive Palmer. The crook. The travesty is he got 3.5% of the vote in 2019. People actually voted for his party after dudding so many.

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ohh no WE dont want him ever..however many years ago it was when he shopped himself around i was interested he would have been great most likely but now no way jose..Someone else in the NRL if it happened good luck to them..if it doesnt ZFG lol