Opinion Is WOT the next GOT?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Disclaimer - was a big fan of the books backs in the day.
With Wheel of Time out on Amazon last night - clocked in to check it out after the bitch missus went to bed. Pretty pissed by then, then realised they were showing 3 eps on release so kept going till I watched them all. Very pissed by the end of it. I know the pre-release hype comparison to GOT was a bit crazy but tbf, not sure you can compare 7 seasons of one to 3 eps of another.

Curious what kennelers thought - particular anyone not familiar with the books. Have my views but don't want to influence others b4 (if) they respond.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Haven't seen it, but looks like something I could get interested in...
It didn’t actually interest me, and I always scrolled on past it. Im a psychological thrillers/dramas , but I watched the trailer you put up, and I deff could give it a chance.!! As long as it holds the attention lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I might watch it at some point but it doesn't sound great so far

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disclaimer - was a big fan of the books backs in the day.
With Wheel of Time out on Amazon last night - clocked in to check it out after the bitch missus went to bed. Pretty pissed by then, then realised they were showing 3 eps on release so kept going till I watched them all. Very pissed by the end of it. I know the pre-release hype comparison to GOT was a bit crazy but tbf, not sure you can compare 7 seasons of one to 3 eps of another.

Curious what kennelers thought - particular anyone not familiar with the books. Have my views but don't want to influence others b4 (if) they respond.
I haven't seen anything more than the trailer posted here of the WoT series and I refuse to watch GoT until the book series is completed. So honestly won't be able to compare the two series for a while if I do go ahead and subscribe so I can watch the WoT series. But I'll subscribe to whoever is streaming it when there's a couple of seasons available. Nothing annoys me more than to have to wait a week between episodes.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't started it yet but I hear it's good.

Amazon Prime is much cheaper than the others. Doesn't have as much content, but still many decent shows including:

Invincible
The Boys
American Gods
Jack Ryan
The Expanse

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have obviously read the books.
Yeah. I still have the series in a box somewhere. Will read them again one day. I was pretty happy with the way Sanderson finished up the series after Jordan died. But the entire plot was supposedly finished by then and it just needed someone who could replicate Jordans style to pitmeat on the bones.