Is this the world's best watch?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta look at the specs friends. Quartz movement (very cheap to produce ), no water resistance, we don't know how the band will hold up.. for a few bucks more the watch I suggested..

300metre water resistance, automatic mechanical movement made by Seiko and used in many watches 10 times the price ... The reviews of the watch I suggest has outstanding reviews over a period of over 10 years ... It's a watch that is comparable to watches costing thousands of dollars... To buy at $120 was the bargain if the century .. even at a few hundred dollars it's a steal.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Gotta look at the specs friends. Quartz movement (very cheap to produce ), no water resistance, we don't know how the band will hold up.. for a few bucks more the watch I suggested..

300metre water resistance, automatic mechanical movement made by Seiko and used in many watches 10 times the price ... The reviews of the watch I suggest has outstanding reviews over a period of over 10 years ... It's a watch that is comparable to watches costing thousands of dollars... To buy at $120 was the bargain if the century .. even at a few hundred dollars it's a steal.
300m water resistance though? Most of the watches that use that as a selling point end up dying a slow death in the shower.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don’t understand how watches are 300m water resistant. Resistant is NOT water proof, it means it can handle splashes and rain etc... so how do metres count in terms of resistance? Unless that means the glass won’t crack until 300m etc...?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
300m water resistance though? Most of the watches that use that as a selling point end up dying a slow death in the shower.
The watch I'm staying is long proven, well reviewed. It would last Armageddon.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Good explanation

and to re-iterate...

"Watches and humidity – the real foe!
Please note all watches, even those with 100m+ water resistance, should be kept away from humid shower and spa conditions. Although these watches are watertight, they are not necessarily resistant against humid/hot air which can permeate the watch and allow moisture into the movement."

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good explanation

and to re-iterate...

"Watches and humidity – the real foe!
Please note all watches, even those with 100m+ water resistance, should be kept away from humid shower and spa conditions. Although these watches are watertight, they are not necessarily resistant against humid/hot air which can permeate the watch and allow moisture into the movement."
Agree the heat can also cause any oils within the movement to internally cloud up the display. Theoretically though a waterproof watch should withstand the shower or spa.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Agree the heat can also cause any oils within the movement to internally cloud up the display. Theoretically though a waterproof watch should withstand the shower or spa.
But your watch isn't waterproof, it's water resistant. There is a difference.

Water-resistant: able to resist the penetration of water to some degree but not entirely.
Water-repellent: not easily penetrated by water, especially as a result of being treated for such a purpose with a surface coating.
Waterproof: impervious to water.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t understand how watches are 300m water resistant. Resistant is NOT water proof, it means it can handle splashes and rain etc... so how do metres count in terms of resistance? Unless that means the glass won’t crack until 300m etc...?
That watch in the OP is $166 at the moment.. if you didn't procrastinate you could have bought for $118.70 drive away.

Wahesh

Reaction score
That watch in the OP is $166 at the moment.. if you didn't procrastinate you could have bought for $118.70 drive away.
I procrastinated because my Citizen EcoDrive H570-5024251 is better.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have another watch that is bargain price at the moment. A must buy

does anyone dare ask?

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Urgent alert urge to alert. Buy now!! 3 options ...

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny man!

Invicta make a few decent watches ... Their grand diver and pro diver watches are as good as any.. yes the other models are a little out there but there are a few good lines.

Buy one and let me know. Mine is awesome for the money.

Can you honestly tell me a Rolex is good value for money? They are finished 10% better but cost 1000% more. Watch a few YouTube comparos and reviews , the Invicta holds up to any test.

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score

It's back people, snap a few up

Does @Nasheed ever provide any good buys? With him it's always bitter breath
Don’t get mixed up with Nasheed’s crap. The prick bad-mouthed you bro.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t get mixed up with Nasheed’s crap. The prick bad-mouthed you bro.
I don't think too many people dwell on the comments of Nasheed.. he is like a bogan bible basher on a Sunday morning knocking at the door, looking for anyone to listen. you could hit him with a baseball bat, but do you want his stench on the baseball bat?

To quote the hangover part 2...Nasheed is "khao". He could use it as his next alias. Khao is soft white rice in lukewarm water. It has no taste.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think too many people dwell on the comments of Nasheed.. he is like a bogan bible basher on a Sunday morning knocking at the door, looking for anyone to listen. you could hit him with a baseball bat, but do you want his stench on the baseball bat?

To quote the hangover part 2...Nasheed is "khao". He could use it as his next alias. Khao is soft white rice in lukewarm water. It has no taste.
aaah?