Is this the world's best watch?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a digital watch somewhere I bought it in about 1975-6 red Crystal display very flash

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Belmore, so everyone has to hear your calls? You do know Apple watch doesn't track heart rate 24/7.. only when you ask it. Battery be done in 3 hrs if it was continuous.

But Apple watch is definately the premier smart watch. Kills Samsung, fossil Garmin.
You can set it to continuously record using third party apps. Otherwise I think it’s every 2-5 minutes when resting, and continuously when movement is detected.

I use AirPods for calls, I wouldn’t use the speaker on the watch that’s retarded. I’ve seen someone do that in the city.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's good that we have choice but to actually take a call, write an email or message you need to pull out your phone? Yes? The phone already alerts you to incoming message/email/call by vibrating or sound. So the smart watch adds what?

Heart rate is useful I agree but only if it's measuring 24/7.. no good taking a read every 10 minutes because the battery can't handle it. I think we are a good few years away from smart watch being good enough battery wise. They need proper battery or at least solar technology to charge themselves. Why can't apple/fossil implement this technology? Citizen (dumb watch) Eco drive has been around for decades.

Further the smart watch battery wears down after each charge losing capacity.. after a year it will last half the time much like a phone battery diminishes. becomes a throw away item, especially since new models are also realised every year too making them embarrassing to wear (Apple watch 3 anyone?)

Then For the look, Sit a smart watch next to a proper watch at a formal function and the look is chalk and cheese.
Nope. Can respond to SMS and email without pulling my phone out. With the Samsung smart watch I could answer calls on it. Not on this one though but the newer version or it allows you to do that.

My main thing is that if I'm out for a jog or in a meeting, I can see who's calling, emailing or messaging and know if I can ignore it or if I need to respond immediately.

While jogging you can't keep pulling your phone out. And in a business meeting pulling your phone out to check could mean losing a million dollar deal. Not pulling it out could also mean the end of a million dollar deal. So it's good to be able to glance at the watch and decide what's more important.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can set it to continuously record using third party apps. Otherwise I think it’s every 2-5 minutes when resting, and continuously when movement is detected.

I use AirPods for calls, I wouldn’t use the speaker on the watch that’s retarded. I’ve seen someone do that in the city.
I used to do it occasionally when talking to the wife. It's generally pretty shit house. Now days I use my galaxy buds.

If it's a business deal then I'm using the phone. Can't trust the microphone on any of those.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nope. Can respond to SMS and email without pulling my phone out. With the Samsung smart watch I could answer calls on it. Not on this one though but the newer version or it allows you to do that.

My main thing is that if I'm out for a jog or in a meeting, I can see who's calling, emailing or messaging and know if I can ignore it or if I need to respond immediately.

While jogging you can't keep pulling your phone out. And in a business meeting pulling your phone out to check could mean losing a million dollar deal. Not pulling it out could also mean the end of a million dollar deal. So it's good to be able to glance at the watch and decide what's more important.
You pull what out and get million dollar deals?!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Usually ends up with my phone getting sucked... What's a euphemism?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like it that you go for jogs between million dollar deals :grinning:

But if you do business in person it's better to have a automatic mechanical watch. Do you see many celebrities wearing an Apple watch or Samsung? Always a traditional watch. More dressy.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a great conversation starter. Since wearing this watch I have had so many people ask me what it is. Never got that while wearing a rolex.
That's a great reason to wear a watch. It really is.. but also think the watch in the OP is a great conversion starter as well

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a look at this watch.. you will be flabbergasted with the price, it's blue face makes it a must for Bulldogs supporters.

could it be the world's best watch? Here's why?

seiko automatic movement reliable and accurate
300m water resistance
Super robust construction, tank like build
Versatility , can wear to gym shops or work
The price, I can't believe it
The bling, clear case back, quality bracelet
solid end links, high end clasp, screw down crown, screw case back.
Plus it doubles as a knuckle duster
Find a better watch, especially for the money it can't be beat.

only 4 left at this price grab one

Buy add space or spam somewhere else!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like it that you go for jogs between million dollar deals :grinning:

But if you do business in person it's better to have a automatic mechanical watch. Do you see many celebrities wearing an Apple watch or Samsung? Always a traditional watch. More dressy.
Honestly in the business world now days I see everyone wearing smart watches. It seems to be a generational thing. All the older CEOs wear mechanicals but the younger ones (which is most these days) wear smart watches.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a look at this watch.. you will be flabbergasted with the price, it's blue face makes it a must for Bulldogs supporters.

300m water resistance

As Grunthos said, piss off with your advertising. You've lowered your own bar.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Useful for heart rate, steps, checking your calls, emails and messages without taking your phone out. Storing and playing music, GPS tracking, controlling other smart devices.

Smart watches took a useless item and made them useful.

I use this one currently

View attachment 19762
I have a fossil smart watch too. Absolutely love it. Mine is the Q Explorist. I have an iPhone but didn’t want the Apple Watch. Wanted something that looked like a watch.
Image1609808553.623452.jpg

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Grunthos said, piss off with your advertising. You've lowered your own bar.
I make nothing from passing on a ripper deal. It my duty to elevate your fashion sense and teach better ways to live life.

Many on here argue the point in a credible fashion, we debate on merit and make our own conclusion, but your post? I don't see anything pro or against? It don't add anything

you can be better?

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have a fossil smart watch too. Absolutely love it. Mine is the Q Explorist. I have an iPhone but didn’t want the Apple Watch. Wanted something that looked like a watch. View attachment 19792
Have you seen the hybrid version in person? I wouldn't mind it, but probably something I'd rarely wear. I just like having things because "just in case" lol.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can t believe that watch is still there not sold out

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

300m water resistance

I visited the Patek Phillipe shop in Geneva. They have watches that cost well over $250,000 US. The manager told me he once had a Saudi prince come in and buy 28 of them as gifts for for his relatives.