Is this the world's best watch?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just changed my mind
It's heavy too. I grabbed one late last year, doubles for a knuckle duster. It's actually Seiko internals and built like a tank. Can't go wrong for the price and the reviews are all top notch.

No weedy guys could wear it, that's for sure.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tones... Isn't every diver watch a homage that is not a Rolex submariner?

We know the Rolex is waaaaaaaaay over priced. It's probably 10% better finish than this watch at 100 times the price.
Rolex has history with over 100 years in watch making Horology

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the smaller version 40mm.. still a good watch.. but one I'm referring is big daddy 47mm

If you prefer black search invictor 3044

Both share same internals, just different size

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rolex has history with over 100 years in watch making Horology
Big tones ,

"Invicta Watch Group began as a Swiss watch company in 1837. It was founded by Raphael Picard in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland.."

I'm not saying it's better than the Rolex but at 1/100th the cost and near enough quality, it's the bargain of the year and we are only day 3.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yeah. For big boy wrists. I can't rock it with my 70 odd kg frame lol.
As Guido Hatzis would say, “Put some weight on you schkinny schkippy poof!”

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks ok but i bought an Automatic and actual Seiko brand Military style watch online for around $92 AUD in 2018.SNK809K1 model no.
So the price of these is hardly amazing.
# looks like they may be dearer now however shop around there will always be something better online.
1609673809145.png
1609673809145.png

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks ok but i bought an Automatic and actual Seiko brand Military style watch online for around $92 AUD in 2018.SNK809K1 model no.
So the price of these is hardly amazing.
# looks like they may be dearer now however shop around there will always be something better online.View attachment 19761View attachment 19761
Not a bad watch but the internals of the Invicta are actually same as the higher spec Seiko turtle.. this watch you speak is the entry level model (like a ford falcon GL) and they are small.. itty bitty 36mm? For a little wrist maybe.. current price $178 too

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a smart watch...

What is this, the 1990s?
To me a smartwatch lacks class. No depth to the dial. Usually with cheap silicone rubber straps .. gotta charge them up everyday, brittle to an impact. Sort of like electric cars, the technology isn't there yet.

The Samsung watch is an abomination, Ive owned one, heats up after 5mins on a call. Apple watch a little better but they all look the same, no personality .

Only decent feature on a smart watch is heart rate monitoring and then again the technology isn't there yet, it takes periodic measures to save battery, if you run it all the time, battery gone in a few hours. As for the pedometer function, they cost $5, why pay $800 for one because it's apple brand?

Your Nike runners haven't evolved from the 1990s either but we still buy and wear them, because they work. Would you pay $800 for a pair if they counter steps? Same as a good watch, it's more than telling the time, it's more about adding a bit of spice to your outfit

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To me a smartwatch lacks class. No depth to the dial. Usually with cheap silicone rubber straps .. gotta charge them up everyday, brittle to an impact. Sort of like electric cars, the technology isn't there yet.

The Samsung watch is an abomination, Ive owned one, heats up after 5mins on a call. Apple watch a little better but they all look the same, no personality .

Only decent feature on a smart watch is heart rate monitoring and then again the technology isn't there yet, it takes periodic measures to save battery, if you run it all the time, battery gone in a few hours. As for the pedometer function, they cost $5, why pay $800 for one because it's apple brand?

Your Nike runners haven't evolved from the 1990s either but we still buy and wear them, because they work. Would you pay $800 for a pair if they counter steps? Same as a good watch, it's more than telling the time, it's more about adding a bit of spice to your outfit
Useful for heart rate, steps, checking your calls, emails and messages without taking your phone out. Storing and playing music, GPS tracking, controlling other smart devices.

Smart watches took a useless item and made them useful.

I use this one currently

images (6).jpeg

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Useful for heart rate, steps, checking your calls, emails and messages without taking your phone out. Storing and playing music, GPS tracking, controlling other smart devices.

Smart watches took a useless item and made them useful.

I use this one currently

View attachment 19762
It's good that we have choice but to actually take a call, write an email or message you need to pull out your phone? Yes? The phone already alerts you to incoming message/email/call by vibrating or sound. So the smart watch adds what?

Heart rate is useful I agree but only if it's measuring 24/7.. no good taking a read every 10 minutes because the battery can't handle it. I think we are a good few years away from smart watch being good enough battery wise. They need proper battery or at least solar technology to charge themselves. Why can't apple/fossil implement this technology? Citizen (dumb watch) Eco drive has been around for decades.

Further the smart watch battery wears down after each charge losing capacity.. after a year it will last half the time much like a phone battery diminishes. becomes a throw away item, especially since new models are also realised every year too making them embarrassing to wear (Apple watch 3 anyone?)

Then For the look, Sit a smart watch next to a proper watch at a formal function and the look is chalk and cheese.

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's good that we have choice but to actually take a call, write an email or message you need to pull out your phone? Yes? The phone already alerts you to incoming message/email/call by vibrating or sound. So the smart watch adds what?

Heart rate is useful I agree but only if it's measuring 24/7.. no good taking a read every 10 minutes because the battery can't handle it. I think we are a good few years away from smart watch being good enough battery wise. They need proper battery or at least solar technology to charge themselves. Why can't apple/fossil implement this technology? Citizen (dumb watch) Eco drive has been around for decades.

Further the smart watch battery wears down after each charge losing capacity.. after a year it will last half the time much like a phone battery diminishes. becomes a throw away item, especially since new models are also realised every year too making them embarrassing to wear (Apple watch 3 anyone?)

Then For the look, Sit a smart watch next to a proper watch at a formal function and the look is chalk and cheese.
I message and call using my Apple Watch. Heart rate is 24/7 as well. I bought it for fitness tracking though (running)

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I message and call using my Apple Watch. Heart rate is 24/7 as well. I bought it for fitness tracking though (running)
Belmore, so everyone has to hear your calls? You do know Apple watch doesn't track heart rate 24/7.. only when you ask it. Battery be done in 3 hrs if it was continuous.

But Apple watch is definately the premier smart watch. Kills Samsung, fossil Garmin.