5th Test...

FOOTY NEXT!!!!!!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOVE my cricket but...

5th Test...

FOOTY NEXT!!!!!!
No....there are still 2 months left until the footy starts so how is this the best time of the year. March is the best time of the year. September if we make finals. October if we're in the GF. This is what I call the dead zone in terms of sports....so fucking boring

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Literally I use to love cricket lost it years ago. NBA fights and footy otherwise it’s Fucking painful for me

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
It's summer
off course its the best time of the year

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cricket explained...
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.
When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

All quite simple really.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont mind bbl or punt on weekend otherwise I'm outside. Winter I don't go out so I can enjoy my sports.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No....there are still 2 months left until the footy starts so how is this the best time of the year. March is the best time of the year. September if we make finals. October if we're in the GF. This is what I call the dead zone in terms of sports....so fucking boring
Amen brother! People generally love summer, but it can gtfo imo. 30c temps and no footy suckssss. P.s: We usually get some days over 40c where I live (and in most parts of oz) but it hasn't been a really hot summer yet.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When the nrl is not on I only watch t20s and odi, and the horses of courses … but hurry up 22, need my LEAGUE, no love for other sports like this one.!!!!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
The off-season is a lengthy period of me just trying to keep my sanity.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NFL and College football fills some void, NBA is always entertaining but nothing beats the NRL. I don’t mind the Cricket, used to love it as a kid growing up, but it lost me when all the characters left the game…

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Literally I use to love cricket lost it years ago. NBA fights and footy otherwise it’s Fucking painful for me
I could sit all day on TV watching test matches, then go through the Triangular one day series. T20 and the overload of IPL, BBL, etc has killed my interest.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No back to work. Worst time knowing its 12 months till the next decent break.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've started watching cricket for the first time in around 20 years and don't mind it. The Ashes mainly, but I've watched a few bits of BBL which is more entertaining to me. More runs/big hits = more enjoyment.

I've watched more NBA than in a long time too, but couldn't watch a whole game. I guess picking a team would help. NFL appeals but when I actually try watching I get bored after a while. I hate the technical aspect and switching players constantly.

Yesterday, I discovered the first supercross event of the new season, which is something I enjoy. It's often aired in (our) day time too which is good. NRL is good because it's in the arvo or prime time. A lot of the international sports are played in our morning or late night which makes them far less interesting to me.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a scandal, something to be outraged by.
something like Thomo getting done drink driving after consuming 2 beers .05 should do it.
The papers will have a field day, buzz would jizz so hard he'd want him deported, he'd squeeze 2 dozen shit dribbling articles atleast.
Would be Baz's fault for sure, sack Barret thread would roar to life.
Newspaper articles of Infighting galore, board members heads on chopping block.
Gus would de-activate and re-activate his twitter account atleast a dozen times, Dave ready to pounce with the big questions.

Maybe I could just throw on a Bulldogs jersey with no pants with my wang out running threw the middle of Brisbane until Im dive tackled by police all the while screaming 'leave my willy alone'. Surley Id make the news as some 'terrorist bulldog supporter shuts down the entire Brisbane CBD'.
hmm, Im bored.