Fox Sports Is this blowarsery at its finest?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye is a player that has the physical attributes of the type of players that are considered x-factor players. But without effort it hasn't translated into him being classed as a star player. So there are two sides to that equation.

Barba by far had his best season ever behind a forward pack which heavily exploited what is now called the obstruction play. I'd argue that the forward pack of that time contribution was massive in allowing Barba to perform at that level. The following year the rules regarding obstruction plays had changed and Barba was pretty average. Reynolds and Keating also had superb years in 2012 as primarily support running halves. Too many people over estimate how much of an impact Barba made without seeing why he was able to make it.
1. Mbye was shit! Done nothing in reserve grade, and was only kept due to media hype by calling him the next Thurston...

2. Barba single handedly won us games with his 100m tries, get your point about the forward pack, but Barba carried us.

3. Reynolds and Keating are shit, theyre the ones who were made to look better by our forwards.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I reackon we do have 2 x x factor players

Elliott and Montoya
I know we have had bad experiences with the likes of She-Rex and Foran...
But remember Both were bought as damaged products...Thanks to Hitler !!!
When are we going to learn...You have to take chances in life ?
Mitchell became very erratic exactly at the same time these rumours started to surface
Do you think $1,000,000.00 a season has anything to do with it ???
Whether we get him or not...Elite players do demand these kind of coins AND GET IT !!!
To be successful these days YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 2 X-FACTOR PLAYERS...DO WE ?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy times if we get latrell ..!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Mbye was shit! Done nothing in reserve grade, and was only kept due to media hype by calling him the next Thurston...

2. Barba single handedly won us games with his 100m tries, get your point about the forward pack, but Barba carried us.

3. Reynolds and Keating are shit, theyre the ones who were made to look better by our forwards.
There's no sense in arguing this point. A lot of people are always going to think that Barba was the crucial ingredient in our 2012 run and his elusive ability played a part. But he was in the team before that year and only thrived when the team started playing hot potato football through the forward pack which meant that opposition defensive lines had to assume decoy runners were a strong chance of getting an offoad. It basically made more defenders commit to tackling a decoy runner and created a huge amount of space for our halves and backs. Barba thrived when the defence wasn't able to focus primarily on him. Our playing style suited his ability. But I've had these debates numerous times and know that some people stand firm in the thinking that 2012 was all Barba. Others recognise that the forward packs ability to keep the defence in two minds created a lot of space for support runners. I won't change your opinion on this and you won't change mine.

It took him a good few years to come close to replicating the 2012 season after they changed the rules surrounding decoy runs and it's no coincidence that Hasler never seemed to be able to teach teams to attack as well once those rules changed either.