Fox Sports Is this blowarsery at its finest?

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
James hooper is pretty in the loop unlike him to spin shot majorly unlike most rugby league journos def has to be some truth to it same shit happened last year with klemmer is was all smoke then he was gone

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can just see it...

Gets his 1 million dollar contract and decides he’s going to put fuck all effort in because he’s already done it all at the Roosters.

He doesn’t strike me as the sort of player that is continuously striving to better his game.

Would have rather thrown $800k at Manu smh.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No ones ever happy fuck this place has turned to shit
Most of us have whinged about not scoring enough points, then we might sign the leading point scorer for the past two seasons and some people aren’t happy about that for some reason.
Even if he doesn’t turn up every game it would still be a MAJOR improvement in a position of weakness for us

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of us have whinged about not scoring enough points, then we might sign the leading point scorer for the past two seasons and some people aren’t happy about that for some reason.
Even if he doesn’t turn up every game it would still be a MAJOR improvement in a position of weakness for us
Same people who want “cheaper“ players but then will complain that he’s not good enough... bunch of morons, this place has gone worse then what our salary cap situation was...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell is one of the games elite players. Elite players come with a pricetag... it's not rocket science... I think we make top 8 next year, but with Latrell, we definitely make top 8, even top 4... or would you guys prefer BJ Leilua

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
God help us if we sign him on a 10 year deal.

Fuck me
Length of the contract doesn't matter if the club has enough money and smarts. Souths and Brisbane have set the precedent, just medically retire and get them off the books.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a centre doesn't get 1 million a year for 10 years LOL...fuck me lets just flush the dogs chances for another decade

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I can just see it...

Gets his 1 million dollar contract and decides he’s going to put fuck all effort in because he’s already done it all at the Roosters.

He doesn’t strike me as the sort of player that is continuously striving to better his game.

Would have rather thrown $800k at Manu smh.
We should of got both of them. Latrell for Fullback and Manu for Centre. We could of had Manu and DWZ on the right which is New Zealand's right side.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same people who want “cheaper“ players but then will complain that he’s not good enough... bunch of morons, this place has gone worse then what our salary cap situation was...
I personally have been pretty satisfied with every player that puts in a big effort on field. Have had gripes with Lichaa and Mbye over the years because Lichaa didn't improve the bread and butter skills of a hooker and because Mbye picked up a long term big money contract and went into cruise control.

If we do wind up signing Mitchell I'll support him as long as he's putting in on game day. But as I've said before, it's a risk to give long term big money contracts to youngsters. The 500 plus threads about the potential acquisition of him are tiresome though. I'm hoping to stumble upon Salma Hayek when she's desperate for some loving. And while it might happen, I'm not going to let that hope dominate the majority of my conversations.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally have been pretty satisfied with every player that puts in a big effort on field. Have had gripes with Lichaa and Mbye over the years because Lichaa didn't improve the bread and butter skills of a hooker and because Mbye picked up a long term big money contract and went into cruise control.

If we do wind up signing Mitchell I'll support him as long as he's putting in on game day. But as I've said before, it's a risk to give long term big money contracts to youngsters. The 500 plus threads about the potential acquisition of him are tiresome though. I'm hoping to stumble upon Salma Hayek when she's desperate for some loving. And while it might happen, I'm not going to let that hope dominate the majority of my conversations.
Effort can only take you so far, brilliance and spark wins you big games... and takes you to finals football

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Our best season was 2012 and it’s funny because we had the brilliance and spark of Ben Barba...

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know we have had bad experiences with the likes of She-Rex and Foran...
But remember Both were bought as damaged products...Thanks to Hitler !!!
When are we going to learn...You have to take chances in life ?
Mitchell became very erratic exactly at the same time these rumours started to surface
Do you think $1,000,000.00 a season has anything to do with it ???
Whether we get him or not...Elite players do demand these kind of coins AND GET IT !!!
To be successful these days YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 2 X-FACTOR PLAYERS...DO WE ?

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Length of the contract doesn't matter if the club has enough money and smarts. Souths and Brisbane have set the precedent, just medically retire and get them off the books.
We are not Souths or Brisbane

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Effort can only take you so far, brilliance and spark wins you big games... and takes you to finals football
Mbye is a player that has the physical attributes of the type of players that are considered x-factor players. But without effort it hasn't translated into him being classed as a star player. So there are two sides to that equation.

Our best season was 2012 and it’s funny because we had the brilliance and spark of Ben Barba...
Barba by far had his best season ever behind a forward pack which heavily exploited what is now called the obstruction play. I'd argue that the forward pack of that time contribution was massive in allowing Barba to perform at that level. The following year the rules regarding obstruction plays had changed and Barba was pretty average. Reynolds and Keating also had superb years in 2012 as primarily support running halves. Too many people over estimate how much of an impact Barba made without seeing why he was able to make it.