Is this a rebuilding year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you could say bringing in Foran, Woods and Pay is the start of a rebuild, but quite frankly we need a lot more changes to become a force again. We have too many guys at the end of their lifespan and on way too much money. We also have very poor juniors so no one is challenging for those positions.

Hopefully I am wrong and the team just have not gelled yet, but honestly I think we have a few years before we have a chance at being on top.
I THINK YOU MEAN JELLED but maybe you are correct It looks like some of our players have actually been GELLED Just like male horses ha ha im funny not

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I THINK YOU MEAN JELLED but maybe you are correct It looks like some of our players have actually been GELLED Just like male horses ha ha im funny not
What year did you finish school? Male horses don't get gelled, they get GELDED! Some mothers do have em

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol. If you posed this question to the kennel 2 weeks ago, the majority would've told you we were top 4 bound, premiership threats :tearsofjoy:
Mate, top 4 will probably require around 16-17 wins this year. That means we can drop 7-8 games and still make it. We still have 5 losses in the bank. No reason we can't make the top 4. To make top 8 we only have to win probably 13 games. Don't be too despondent. We will be one win closer after this weekend.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We rebuilt in the off season after Hasler and Castle took the place in the wrong direction.
Pay has inherited a reasonable roster so its really a test for him more than the squad who needs to reflect on our wins at the end of last year.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, top 4 will probably require around 16-17 wins this year. That means we can drop 7-8 games and still make it. We still have 5 losses in the bank. No reason we can't make the top 4. To make top 8 we only have to win probably 13 games. Don't be too despondent. We will be one win closer after this weekend.
This has to be a g-up

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Whats the point complaining about it? The current squad apart from lichaa (being saved by Pay) was put together by the previous coach and board. What exactly do u expect them to do this year with no money to spend?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All it takes is - will to win, desire, commitment, attitude and this group of players has shown they can play defense in previous years! This year, non of those things have been displayed hence the results! Any team can beat any team in this competition, all it takes is the things I’ve mentioned above (also watch tigers first two performances).

Let’s be honest there’s no excuses for a 66 points against in the first 2 rounds... these players get paid good money to go out and play a sport, stop making excuses for them!!! What a joke!

A bit of a reminder about having so called “shit players compared to everyone else”!!

Just one example out of many!!!

The 2015–16 season was Leicester City's 111th season in the English football league system and their 48th (non-consecutive) season in the top tier of English football.[1] During the season, Leicester participated in the Premier League for the second consecutive season, as well as the FA Cup and League Cup. The season covered the period from 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2016. Leicester were confirmed to be champions of the 2015–16 Premier Leagueseason on 2 May 2016, finishing atop the first division of English football for the first time in club history.

NO EXCUSES!!!

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Firstly will people here stop saying ‘right off’. This is an epidemic of the Kennel.

It’s write off.
It comes from the act of writing off a car/boat/etc for insurance purposes.

Given how many insurance jobs happen in Bankstown I’d expect niggas to be experts in this. The spelling tilts me.

Secondly, reading through I am not sure that a lot of fans here understand what a rebuild entails.
Swapping one or two players and pulling off a sick flick pass isn’t a rebuild. Just a change.
If the coach brings a whole new style that’s a change of direction. All it is.

A true rebuild is completely turfing the roster and bringing it to its bare bones.
This could involve losing or punting a good player like Jackson to build a whole new setup and culture.

When Gould came to Penrith and overhauled the roster, that was a rebuild.

Ivan Cleary at tigers is a rebuild.

It’s throwing everything in the blender and tossing it up.

We rebuild when we punt 5 first graders and a few fringes and being in youth, a new mindset, plan (long term) and structure.

We need it to a degree but there’s an honest debate whether it’s actually a good thing, because as some have pointed out. You can do it in one season if you make astute and wise purchases that fill a need.
Next year punt Tolman, Eastwood and get a new half and we will be ok

A

Alexander the Great

Firstly will people here stop saying ‘right off’. This is an epidemic of the Kennel.

It’s write off.
It comes from the act of writing off a car/boat/etc for insurance purposes.

Given how many insurance jobs happen in Bankstown I’d expect niggas to be experts in this. The spelling tilts me.

Secondly, reading through I am not sure that a lot of fans here understand what a rebuild entails.
Swapping one or two players and pulling off a sick flick pass isn’t a rebuild. Just a change.
If the coach brings a whole new style that’s a change of direction. All it is.

A true rebuild is completely turfing the roster and bringing it to its bare bones.
This could involve losing or punting a good player like Jackson to build a whole new setup and culture.

When Gould came to Penrith and overhauled the roster, that was a rebuild.

Ivan Cleary at tigers is a rebuild.

It’s throwing everything in the blender and tossing it up.

We rebuild when we punt 5 first graders and a few fringes and being in youth, a new mindset, plan (long term) and structure.

We need it to a degree but there’s an honest debate whether it’s actually a good thing, because as some have pointed out. You can do it in one season if you make astute and wise purchases that fill a need.
Next year punt Tolman, Eastwood and get a new half and we will be ok
Mate we cant get rid of Jacko.. if anything we build a squad around him..

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
That's up to the players to decide. We have a more than competitive team to be in the 8 but the attitude doesn't seem right atm. 6yrs of desball and cleal recruiting has left is in cap strife and a weak foundation with juniors. I'm happy win or lose as long as we compete and break a few ribs.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not even a rebuilding year. Most of the players that we have now won't be with us in 1 or 2 years time.

It's a year of further decline. We may get the spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.