Is there something you are or were great at.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you‘re gonna say sex machine, yeah yeah aren’t we all. Never heard anyone say they’re bad at sex or bad at driving.

So apart from sex and driving, because we’re all great, is there anything else you’d consider yourself great at now or in the past?

Now, I admit I ask this question because there’s something I want to brag about, because I was so goooooood at it. Something that really I can only reveal as of today, and because of such I’m here now 8 beers deep and maybe a bit irresponsible. Something that may make me unpopular, or maybe make me popular.

But I was fucking good at it. I can say with confidence the 2nd best in Australia and in the top 10% in the world.

I won’t say it now because I’m pissed and probably not the right time. But I will say it sometime in this thread now that I’ve started it, when I’m ready because I do want to tell because I was so fucking good and this is as wide an audience as I’m likely to reach anonymously.

Yes, I want to say how fucking good I was at what I did… now while I’m pissed, might regret it in the morning, but having committed I will deliver…. someday, here.

In the meantime, if there’s something you want to brag about, if nobody else will listen, I promise I will.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm great at judging how good someone can make an awesome Mocha. So far, only 2 people have done this right.

One was an experienced Barista from Japan (worked here) who took pride in every cup of coffee he's made.

The other was a 16 year old high school drop out working at a coffee stand. Hey, if you've got it in you, you've got it in you.

Everyone else has been a nuffy.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used be terrified of public speaking - always frightened some know-it-all would get up and humiliate me. I froze in front of a mike.

But I persevered, and found that if I'm talking about a subject I know, I am OK talking to groups, or on TV or radio. In fact, I came to enjoy it as I began to feel confident, and get good feedback. It led me to start doing volunteer work as a tour guide at the Thirlmere rail museum, and the abandoned St. James tunnels.

That led to being interviewed by radio, and TV news. Eventually, I had a monthly spot with 2GB, and have been sought out by ABC for the odd show. Finally, I was asked to host guided tours by Railway Adventures.

I designed their Swiss Alpine adventure, and had great fun taking people around on the famous scenic trains. That progressed to Outback Queensland and Japan, and now- with my other passion for dinosaurs - I've designed the new Dinosaur tour around Winton, Richmond and Hughenden.

So, I guess I could say that putting myself out as an expert-of-sorts on railway history and paleontology is my thing. And, I get paid to do it.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’m good at flying into a uncontrollable rage when the Bulldogs run it on the last on the opposition’s line and then drop it only to have the other team pick it up and run 80 meters for a try and then after the try the ref gives one of our players 10 in the bin because he intentionally obstructed their player.. My missus loves it she thinks I’m a big man…

Hence is why I’m only allowed to watch Dogs games in the shed or the pub.. She is not interested.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used be terrified of public speaking - always frightened some know-it-all would get up and humiliate me. I froze in front of a mike.
I've been best man at a few weddings, absolutely shit myself to the point I hide into the bathroom contemplating cracking my head open on a sink, last wedding hiding in bathroom a huge Maori walks in I was seriously going to make a racist remark so he would of belted the absolute living shit out of me and I wouldn't have to make a speech.
I really don't like public speeches what so ever

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I consider myself a master at taking shits in public toilets without letting my cheeks touch the seat or letting my shoes touch the wet floor.... I've been into some gruesome public toilets and made it out alive using my mission impossible skills.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've been best man at a few weddings, absolutely shit myself to the point I hide into the bathroom contemplating cracking my head open on a sink, last wedding hiding in bathroom a huge Maori walks in I was seriously going to make a racist remark so he would of belted the absolute living shit out of me and I wouldn't have to make a speech.
I really don't like public speeches what so ever
I'm terrified of public speaking.

Was best man for a mates wedding a few years ago and got absolutely shit faced before the reception had even started. I don't remember the speech that I gave but was told by everyone that I nailed it.

Good old liquid courage

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

But I persevered, and found that if I'm talking about a subject I know, I am OK talking to groups, or on TV or radio. In fact, I came to enjoy it as I began to feel confident, and get good feedback. It led me to start doing volunteer work as a tour guide at the Thirlmere rail museum, and the abandoned St. James tunnels.

That led to being interviewed by radio, and TV news. Eventually, I had a monthly spot with 2GB, and have been sought out by ABC for the odd show. Finally, I was asked to host guided tours by Railway Adventures.

I designed their Swiss Alpine adventure, and had great fun taking people around on the famous scenic trains. That progressed to Outback Queensland and Japan, and now- with my other passion for dinosaurs - I've designed the new Dinosaur tour around Winton, Richmond and Hughenden.

So, I guess I could say that putting myself out as an expert-of-sorts on railway history and paleontology is my thing. And, I get paid to do it.
I hate public speaking and I'm often nervous but i do it anyway. Feedback is always you did great and come across confident. Not sure, if they're being polite or maybe I'm okay at it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you‘re gonna say sex machine, yeah yeah aren’t we all. Never heard anyone say they’re bad at sex or bad at driving.

So apart from sex and driving, because we’re all great, is there anything else you’d consider yourself great at now or in the past?

Now, I admit I ask this question because there’s something I want to brag about, because I was so goooooood at it. Something that really I can only reveal as of today, and because of such I’m here now 8 beers deep and maybe a bit irresponsible. Something that may make me unpopular, or maybe make me popular.

But I was fucking good at it. I can say with confidence the 2nd best in Australia and in the top 10% in the world.

I won’t say it now because I’m pissed and probably not the right time. But I will say it sometime in this thread now that I’ve started it, when I’m ready because I do want to tell because I was so fucking good and this is as wide an audience as I’m likely to reach anonymously.

Yes, I want to say how fucking good I was at what I did… now while I’m pissed, might regret it in the morning, but having committed I will deliver…. someday, here.

In the meantime, if there’s something you want to brag about, if nobody else will listen, I promise I will.
How long are you planning to keep us in suspense?

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How long are you planning to keep us in suspense?
I was really drunk at the time I posted that and in fact tried to delete it. not just the post the whole fucking thread because it’d look pretty funny a thread with no post.

Anyway it’s there and I’ll keep my promise having made it, and admittedly I still want to say how fucking good I was, but I should wait for a couple of other things things to be finalised first, which I didn’t think about in my drunken state Tues night. One’s next Wed, the 2nd date to be determined.