Is there something you are or were great at.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Well you won't be surprised to know the cops don't tell you apart from "information received" which could be anything from anyone or not at all.

But between what I already knew and my solicitor and barrister told me of other cases I did learn some things about cop tactics that convinced me they'll get most people in the end. It's more luck than good planning to avoid their attention.

You are terribly exposed in that business, no matter how careful or smart you think you are. There's things you can't avoid doing and people you can't trust.

As for the above -

Power usage, I doubt it as I was in an industrial shed so high power usage isn't all that unusual.

Someone rolled - there's people you just can't trust in the business, you try to limit your your circle but when you're trying to move pounds you're outside the circle of just dealing with friends, not that I'd trust anyone anyway. the only people you can really trust are those with as much to lose as yourself at the end of the day. Even friends you trust with your life have friends they'd trust with theirs who they might say to "Don't tell anyone, but...." - ever have any of your friends say that to you? Yes, we all have. And somewhere down the line it might end up with someone you can't trust. In my case I never told friends or family for that reason, they were legit shocked and dumbfounded when I was busted. But I unavoidably dealt with some people I didn't like, didn't trust, but had to - so maybe. Only takes one fuckwit with a grudge.

Infra red - is a possibility. You have to dump an awful lot of heat, in my case through a roof vent. it was filtered for smell of course, and the room(s) were air-conditioned, but you still got fan forced warm air spilling out of a roof vent on cold nights haven't you. Polair only has to be looking for someone on the run at night and come across an air-vent lit up like a christmas tree on infrared and I guess you're done - so maybe.

On that - funny story I read on a forum once. Cops got a place in Denmark or Sweden one of them, because it was the only place in the whole city that snow never collected on the roof.

Then there's dumping rubbish - you have to get rid of leaf and roots and stems and all the rest. I never put it in my bins as that's just suicide, I'd dump it at late or early hours in a skip bin at various boat ramps where the fish heads and rotten bait would disguise the smell - but someone could've spotted me.

Then there's the tactic my legals told me. Very very sneaky and exposes everyone and anyone who tries their hand at the game no matter how big or small. You see it's actually illegal for cops to stake out hydro shops as it's "without cause" so any arrest from such would be thrown out before it starts. However.... there's nothing stopping a cop, in their own time or not, from staking out a hydro shop, following someone they see making big enough purchases of the right gear to their premises of interest, and then said cop making an anonymous call to crime-stoppers with a tip.

Then it's a legal bit of "information supplied by the public."

And good luck trying to avoid hydro shops.... which i did. i actually got stuff delivered to me on the the side of the road just to avoid being seen there, but who says they didn't follow the deliverer who then makes strange road-side delivery's in the lonely back-steets.

So..... in the end, any of the above and maybe more. Cops are very patient once they get a sniff.

And what they'll also do once they identify you, is observe until they identify the day you harvest, which they can do by noting how much time you spend on site as opposed to normal days, just a pinhole camera connected to an iphone is all they need for that. And then they'll raid you when you got product on the dry racks. Because they want to nail you with possession and/or supply as well as cultivation.

Barrister told me that one. I did think it was awfully unlucky I got nailed at that particular time, turns out no luck involved, it was planned.

My advice to anyone - don't do it. See there's this thing I... neglectfully wasn't aware of at the time. I though keep your plants down and worse comes to worse, slap on the wrist and get on with iot again. had this idea of 4 plants (with roots) would keep you in the lower courts. Used to be like that in NSW... last millenium... still is like that in most other states.

But in NSW "Cultivate by enhanced indoor means" is now a serious enough charge to get you into a District Court no matter how many plants - ONE will get you there. And ONE on that charge has a max penalty available to the judge of 16 fucking years. Now of course, you'd be damn unlucky to get that, i got a non-custodial myself, but be in no doubt it's in play, some time even maybe 6 months is in play. You get the wrong judge, ONE fucking plant could get you time, you got any sort of priors - you're doing time.

If you want some free dope for yourself and friends, grow one or two in dirt in your backyard (NEVER more than 4). Worse comes to worse cops are likely to just rip it out and move on - you're not worth it. Had a story related to me once about an older fella had one in his backyard and the cops came - and left it. told him to hide it from neighbours better.

You go hydro - they're gunning for you. And you get caught, you will face a DISTRICT court.
I have a mate (and this can be spoken about because he sadly is no longer with us. Fuck Suicide) who got into it we were only maybe 21 and like you he was smart enough to not tell anyone so I didn’t know one thing about it apart that he always had good weed and money. Funny thing about that is I was never a weed guy. Anyway turns out his secret life got bigger and bigger and at 21 he was paying rent for in grow house while still living at his mums lol.

Anyway I don’t know the ins and outs of his operation and how he sold it but he started making a name and got a knock on the door of his mums place from some of DK’s boys early 2000’s (no joke)

Took him for a ride in the car to an industrial estate and fortunately for him (and with hindsight he said it was probably the best outcome he could have hoped for) pretty much told him that he is no longer in business and they will be taking over his operation with their guys. They took everything from him in that grow house and his phone numbers and contacts and told him to not get involved again as they know where his mum lives. he cancelled his lease on that house and that was that. He was probably 23 by this stage still very fresh and naive and I had no idea about any of this until he told us… Got out the easy way really.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ll also point out as a warning, any criminal enterprise that gets before a District Court is gonna attract the attention of The Crimes Commission. And they’re gonna go over your finances and assets with a fine tooth comb looking for “unexplained wealth”.

Now I was lucky/unlucky… I consider lucky… that the cops found a fucking decent whack of cash, really decent. Anyway, I’m glad they did because it gave me something to hand over to the CC, who are just dealers in criminal money themselves really.

But it kept them away from my accounts and assets, which records could explain as legit - because they were. So I really came out no worse than I started, no better either I guess but I’ll take that.

See I never really needed the money. I just wanted a bigger boat.

A bigger, six figure boat. So I took a hobby which I was very good at and turned it into a profession which I was great at with a timeline of 2 years, get me boat and get out.

Didn’t turn out that way and I’m glad in hindsight I never got around to washing the cash (broker was gonna take cash, fucking crim I guess).

So beware, you get done hydro, go to district court, unless you got something to hand over to the CC, them arseholes are coming after your bank account and your assets. - Anything your tax returns can’t explain where you got the money from.

I’ll still get me boat, just not THAT boat. Fucking waste of money anyway, still would’ve needed a system to fund the fuel.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have a mate (and this can be spoken about because he sadly is no longer with us. Fuck Suicide) who got into it we were only maybe 21 and like you he was smart enough to not tell anyone so I didn’t know one thing about it apart that he always had good weed and money. Funny thing about that is I was never a weed guy. Anyway turns out his secret life got bigger and bigger and at 21 he was paying rent for in grow house while still living at his mums lol.

Anyway I don’t know the ins and outs of his operation and how he sold it but he started making a name and got a knock on the door of his mums place from some of DK’s boys early 2000’s (no joke)

Took him for a ride in the car to an industrial estate and fortunately for him (and with hindsight he said it was probably the best outcome he could have hoped for) pretty much told him that he is no longer in business and they will be taking over his operation with their guys. They took everything from him in that grow house and his phone numbers and contacts and told him to not get involved again as they know where his mum lives. he cancelled his lease on that house and that was that. He was probably 23 by this stage still very fresh and naive and I had no idea about any of this until he told us… Got out the easy way really.
Who are DK’s boys?

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well he must’ve been moving some pounds to get in the way of their business.

I come across a bloke who wanted all my dope, nothing to anybody else. Scary type I wish I never met who someone else put onto me.

I told him it was.

Fucking mugs game.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Well he must’ve been moving some pounds to get in the way of their business.

I come across a bloke who wanted all my dope, nothing to anybody else. Scary type I wish I never met who someone else put onto me.

I told him it was.

Fucking mugs game.
I have no idea the quantity but he made money from it I know that but I think some got stolen or stood over other he managed to put towards a deposit on a house or maybe I’m saying too much anyway who cares but yeah it was so weird to find out the extent of his what started out as a side hussle.

Why I mentioned helicopters is because we had a really nice house in our street. Always well kept never any trouble ect and we had this bloody helicopter going over every night for about a week then one morning woke to screaming and yelling and a raid and turned out the Vietnamese bloke who lived there was growing hydro. What little I know about police tactics we figured the helicopter and heat load had something to do with the bust.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
@Ripley Is the kennels Walter White.
I never killed anybody, never injured anybody, never even said a cross word to anybody.

When I got ripped off, and I did twice, I put it down as spillage and just avoided them.

Probably too soft for the business side of the game really. I was not the one who knocked.

I’m still owed money and I won’t be getting it.

I’m more like the Gale.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I never killed anybody, never injured anybody, never even said a cross word to anybody.

When I got ripped off, and I did twice, I put it down as spillage and just avoided them.

Probably too soft for the business side of the game really. I was not the one who knocked.

I’m still owed money and I won’t be getting it.

I’m more like the Gale.
Poor Gale...

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I used be terrified of public speaking - always frightened some know-it-all would get up and humiliate me. I froze in front of a mike.

But I persevered, and found that if I'm talking about a subject I know, I am OK talking to groups, or on TV or radio. In fact, I came to enjoy it as I began to feel confident, and get good feedback. It led me to start doing volunteer work as a tour guide at the Thirlmere rail museum, and the abandoned St. James tunnels.

That led to being interviewed by radio, and TV news. Eventually, I had a monthly spot with 2GB, and have been sought out by ABC for the odd show. Finally, I was asked to host guided tours by Railway Adventures.

I designed their Swiss Alpine adventure, and had great fun taking people around on the famous scenic trains. That progressed to Outback Queensland and Japan, and now- with my other passion for dinosaurs - I've designed the new Dinosaur tour around Winton, Richmond and Hughenden.

So, I guess I could say that putting myself out as an expert-of-sorts on railway history and paleontology is my thing. And, I get paid to do it.
Scientists say that most dinosaurs had hair

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Scientists say that most dinosaurs had hair
Dinosaurs had feathers. Some were proto feathers - single filaments that resembled hair, but they were all feathered. Feathering ranged from the single filaments to fluffy down and fully vaned like modern birds.

They don't know if Tyrannosaurs or the big sauropods were feathered - and maybe size had an influence, much as elephants and rhinos today are not covered with fur. They do know that earlier forms of Tyrannosaurs, and all raptors, were completely feathered. Melanosomes seen under microscopes also give an indication of what colour feathers they sported. Mainly ginger, black and white.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Dinosaurs had feathers. Some were proto feathers - single filaments that resembled hair, but they were all feathered. Feathering ranged from the single filaments to fluffy down and fully vaned like modern birds.

They don't know if Tyrannosaurs or the big sauropods were feathered - and maybe size had an influence, much as elephants and rhinos today are not covered with fur. They do know that earlier forms of Tyrannosaurs, and all raptors, were completely feathered. Melanosomes seen under microscopes also give an indication of what colour feathers they sported. Mainly ginger, black and white.
No no, they had a mixture of both pubic hair and feathers under their arms.

p.s no wonder they all died out. You're not going to survive global warming being a ginger

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Try not to make this too long-winded...Tennis was my talent 35+ years ago, I was A grade level playing juniors Saturday mornings and against adults in B grade in the afternoon when I was 15/16 and giving them all what for too no bs.
Small kid barely taller than 5 foot i reckon but had decent/natural power from years of hitting loads of balls against our house's brick wall.
Also played a couple of tournaments singles and doubles but with limited success.
Few hurdles like no pro coaching(we were battlers financially no complaints my mum was a legend)and the equally big one my Mcenroe like temper lol.These things and then turning 18 And discovering alcohol/chicks and cars saw it die in the arse pretty quickly.Will never know how far I could have gone but possibly considerably further because I was an athletic type of kid good at running(school champ)and swimming too i had a bit of talent if I may say so myself.

Haven't played for a number of years now but in 2012 i found out I was still hitting them alright as a 46 yo.Working on the mines in the Pilbara took on a lippy workmate at our camp after a 12 hr shift, a bloke about mid 20s, he must of thought I'll flog this old koont.
Kitted in full longs work gear and Steelies boots and in around mid 30s temps still as its hotter than he'll up there I beat this fucker 6-1 6-2 6-3 :p i was getting weary as in the third set and he wanted to keep playing sensing I would give up a set.Oh yeah we were drinking piss during the game too :tearsofjoy: