IS there really any point in playing this game this week?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a downer, but realistically, what is the point of playing this game?
The Storm get 2 origin players back this week with one of those being the best hooker in the game.
I dont think i can even remember a time when the only way i think my team can win is if the opposition get absolutely smashed with concussions and injuries.
Like if they lose all there bench and lose 1 or 2 more players.
Who else feels this way?
What’s the point in even talking about it.
Our only goal this week should be to score one try.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks to me like the storm is on something of a down hill slide, or maybe just early season form, so I'm hoping for a closer than usual score line.
Can anyone confirm that RFM is out for the season.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully each player will learn something from being on the same field asa professional footy team

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm getting a funny feeling that the NRL is probably going to feel some heat over the massively lopsided scorelines of the opening rounds and potentially direct the referees to alter their interpretations and allow some underdogs to win. The gambling partner will obviously know which ones and adjust their odds so they don't lose a dollar. But they'll want to justify the new rules sooner than later.

I wouldn't bet that we'll be one of the sides that cops every favourable interpretation from the refs. But at least one or two teams that have looked poor will be given free reign to do as they like this week so the NRL can say that any team can win any game if they out in the effort. It's not possible to fool all the people all of the time, but at least they'll be able to fool many of the people some of the time.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally can't wait for this game. I've accepted the team can't win any more and just live for the post game social media blow back...

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about we all just lay down and not support the club anymore?
FFS, we are the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, we NEVER lay down and give up. I get the frustration , but maybe some of our "supporters" should go and look at AFL or soccer. Le's hang in there, it can only get better from here and this will make the good times so much more enjoyable when they come.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
It is important for the development of certain players, not all, to size themselves against the form teams. Long term, they will be better for it. Let's be clear here. Not all players will benefit from this. Assuming there are about 11 current players that will not wear the Blue and White in 2022.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Gave you a like for your first paragraph.

The 2nd paragraph is delusional sadly.

But we are all Bulldogs, so won't have you committed until mid season :grinning:...just in case lol
Oops, my keyboard was playing up there. Meant to say dogs by 20 :p

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will be down at half time by 1 try after dominating half. No idea how the game pans out.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Was there really any point making this thread but?

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What’s the point in even talking about it.
Our only goal this week should be to score one try.
True try to score some points throw that fucken ball around they don't have anything to lose

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We’ll score two tries but will lose like 26-10. I can see us improving.