IS there really any point in playing this game this week?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You support your team through the good and bad times....so let’s just not play anymore because we are shit.....no one is enjoying what is happening to our team but to suggest we shouldn’t play this week....wow....some supporters have sunk to a new level
Bad times is coming 14th and winning 7 games. This is absolutely beyond bad.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously go support another team if u can handle things....what a fukin stupid thread!
Agree, soooo many useless threads are piling up these last few days, we get it, we are shit and we can't beat the storm lol no need for it's own thread

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh well if we get done by 30-40 then we'll chalk it down as valuable experience.

The upside is more real game time together for new and young players, clearer confirmation for Baz of who needs to go this year, a run under the belt for players returning from injury and our team will get to have their first sprint session together with the fox - trying to chase him down.

Oh and for those playing, a hell of a lot of money being earnt.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s only footy. It’s not that important in the scheme of things. I enjoyed the way our forwards stood up last week. Hetherington was great. Didn’t know he had that in him. I can still find a silver lining because I want to follow the team and I need that silver lining to justify the time I invest in watching. If you can’t find something to enjoy or appreciate each week, footy is not a good investment of your time or energy. Life is too short to waste on things we know will make us miserable.

Dogs by 2

Last edited:

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
More games under the belt for the young guys....

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sit down to watch the slaughter on Saturday and try to decide between the cactus or the pineapple and which will hurt less

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s only footy. It’s not that important in the scheme of things. I enjoyed the way our forwards stood up last week. Hetherington was great. Didn’t know he had that in him. I can still find a silver lining because I want to follow the team and I need that silver lining to justify the time I invest by watching make watching. If you can’t find something to enjoy or appreciate each week, footy is not a good investment if your own energy. Life is too short to waste on things we know will make us miserable.

Dogs by 2
Gave you a like for your first paragraph.

The 2nd paragraph is delusional sadly.

But we are all Bulldogs, so won't have you committed until mid season :grinning:...just in case lol

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Sit down to watch the slaughter on Saturday and try to decide between the cactus or the pineapple and which will hurt less
Go the pineapple head first, you might enjoy it.
Don't forget the lube.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We're going to get hammered.

The only thing I'm looking forward to tbh, is to see how Thommo goes with a full preseason under the belt. Although he's still behind on fitness because the comp is a month in.

Still looking forward to seeing him go though.

Probably another is to see how he goes in tandem with Hetherington after his best game for us.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
IF we keep them under 30 its a win in my book,looking forward to Thompson putting some backbone back in our pack.
The Storm like the other teams will just gang up on Thompson in big numbers.

They know we have no threat from dummy half and around the ruck, so they can affotd to throw 3 -4 players at him and waltz back into the defensive line

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a downer, but realistically, what is the point of playing this game?
The Storm get 2 origin players back this week with one of those being the best hooker in the game.
I dont think i can even remember a time when the only way i think my team can win is if the opposition get absolutely smashed with concussions and injuries.
Like if they lose all there bench and lose 1 or 2 more players.
Who else feels this way?
Although RL would probably benefit by not playing this and probably some other games, the NRL would fine the club a massive amount for forfeiting.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No better way to prove themselves against one of the best teams. Playing the Storm might lift us to at least be competitive which may transform into confidence. That's what we need more so than actually winning.

If TK are asking is it worth playing this weekend, then we are as weak as piss like the team has been in our past four rounds. But they are entitled to prove themselves