Is the team brainwashed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So watching the game yesterday I noticed that once the dogs went on the backfoot and fatigue set in guys like Klemmer, Tolman and Hoppa took it upon themselves to create or get the team moving forward.

It happened against souths and again against the Eels....

My question is...

Are the Halves going into their shells or do they go into their shells because they get sick and tired of the blokes jumping in front of them? Are these guys just brainwashed with Desball that once fatigue kicks in one out running and dying with the ball on the last is the only way to go?

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So watching the game yesterday I noticed that once the dogs went on the backfoot and fatigue set in guys like Klemmer, Tolman and Hoppa took it upon themselves to create or get the team moving forward.

My questions are...

Are the Halves going into their shells or do they go into their shells because they get sick and tired of the blokes jumping in front of them and not getting the ball.

OR

Are these guys just brainwashed with Desball that once fatigue kicks in one out running and dying with the ball on the last is the only way to go?
Point 2 imo , sick of others jumping in and getting ball , reminds me of the NSW blues in the Gallen era

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Point 2 imo , sick of others jumping in and getting ball , reminds me of the NSW blues in the Gallen era
I realise they basically coincide with each other so its one massive point but your absolutely correct... Its the same shit.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

My question is...

Are the Halves going into their shells or do they go into their shells because they get sick and tired of the blokes jumping in front of them? Are these guys just brainwashed with Desball that once fatigue kicks in one out running and dying with the ball on the last is the only way to go?
They shouldnt be fatigued after 20 mins oh yeh we ve seen how they train they throw footballs at cans sitting on goal posts

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They shouldnt be fatigued after 20 mins oh yeh we ve seen how they train they throw footballs at cans sitting on goal posts
And make videos of their achievements

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
..the side doesn’t look anywhere near as fit as most of the sides in the top 8

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

My question is...

Yes I believe they were brainwashed under Desball, it will take awhile for them to forget it. Fatigue brings out muscle memory and they revert to Desball. Luckily a lot of Des's era will be gone.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des was the great cult leader that brainwashed all of the players, the board, the chairman and CEO so I think they're definitely still suffering the effects of all of that.

And unfortunately we have to suffer for years because of the consequences.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des was the great cult leader that brainwashed all of the players, the board, the chairman and CEO so I think they're definitely still suffering the effects of all of that.

That he was. Thank heaven's he got the ass when he did, the point of hyper-indoctrination and kool-aid drinking wouldn't be far off if he was still in charge

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes I believe they were brainwashed under Desball, it will take awhile for them to forget it. Fatigue brings out muscle memory and they revert to Desball. Luckily a lot of Des's era will be gone.
Lichaa, Tolman and Hoppa are an issue.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoppa too. He gets in the way a lot, especially on the 5th tackle. Add Klemmer to that list too.
Mate the halves are not seasoned enough to take the game by the horns, that comes with experience. Obviously JMK is only playing at 7 because we got no one to play that position. Not every kid that comes through is going to be a Ponga type player. I think we are expecting too much too soon from our current 6 & 7.
One thing I like about Lewis is his long kicking game, the guy has a huge boot

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That is the best Des cription of Des I've ever heard.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The halves are a bunch of kids thrown into the deepend of NRL.. they wouldnt be getting a run at any other club..

They show glimpses but I dont expect anything much from them ..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The halves are a bunch of kids thrown into the deepend of NRL.. they wouldnt be getting a run at any other club..

They show glimpses but I dont expect anything much from them ..
Exactly, really can’t expect more than they are providing!! They start strong an then fall away and that’s part of the age an managing a game an they lack that polish. But it will come.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
We still dont know how to isolate players and use our outside backs properly. So I'd say thats an affirmative.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
just unfit... when fatigue sets in they revert to old habits

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The whole of society is brainwashed, but hey at least we know the Cops and the Government are corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.