Is the Price right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score

Like most I was pretty disappointed with our performance this year. And I have to say some of the changes to our roster would not have been choices I would have made. But with the coach gone along with his entourage, captain gone too. Raylene resigned/sacked. Is this the time to change the board too?
I was initially thrilled when I heard Price and Co were leading an alternative ticket for the board. Then I witnessed the train wreck that was once our great captain on Foxtel’s NRL360. Listening to him ramble about heart and passion and ‘knowing what it means to be a bulldog’ . When asked repeatedly what that was all he could say was it’s about heart and passion and playing for each other and only bulldogs people know this. - well if that’s it then I think most teams have this culture if you choose to believe almost every post match interview with a player. Knowing these things and having captained a great team don’t make you a good businessman or give you the ability to put together a great playing roster.
Every year i sign up for fantasy football and put together a team I think is unbeatable. I quickly come to realize that fantasy and reality are two very different things. I have no doubt he and his crew have the best interest of our great club at heart but that is not enough.
Let’s not become the basket case that so many clubs have become. The current board have made some significant changes. Let’s just see how next season goes before we interrupt their preparations with more drama.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you are underestimating Steve Price. He is a very intelligent person. He has business degrees in his portfolio.
I think he was hesitant to say much on that station, as he is not yet elected to the board. I think the cautious approach is sometimes the best.
I support him because he has great values and that will pass on to the players once he is elected.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have met Pricey, he isn't the best speaker. I would say he was pretty nervous being on TV.

I think we need Dib gone and like Australian elections, we only get 2 choices. Sometimes you need to go with the lesser evil.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
I have met Pricey, he isn't the best speaker. I would say he was pretty nervous being on TV.

I think we need Dib gone and like Australian elections, we only get 2 choices. Sometimes you need to go with the lesser evil.
Good point.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's come too late imo. Ray and the club have made a lot of changes already and most fans seem to agree with them. We really also have't had many issues until Hasler started creating conflict and issues the same way he did at Manly. His only fuck up was not sacking Hasler earlier and keeping him on a leash.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I did post something about this that night. I think it would be a mistake to think that this whole ticket hinges on Pricey alone. Each would bring their particular strength and perhaps Pricey's is not the business side. Looking at the line-up there is some very successful people who have danced in the realities of what it is they are wanting to do. That night I made comment that I had wished he was accompanied by one of the higher ranked people involved to sure up that side of the interview. I do not follow those "devil you know" type of people on here and would allow the current board to escape 3-4 years of disgusting decisions. If you want to hold a position of power than you place your neck on the chopping block. I am the type of person that believes decisions should be accountable so for me the board all need to be thrown out in less than dignified fashion.......all of these recent decisions (for the better or not) have been nothing more than an arse covering exercise and I for one see straight through it! I say we complete the change with the board following!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It's come too late imo. Ray and the club have made a lot of changes already and most fans seem to agree with them. We really also have't had many issues until Hasler started creating conflict and issues the same way he did at Manly. His only fuck up was not sacking Hasler earlier and keeping him on a leash.
Hopefully if Dib and Co do stay, things will be better than before. Gonna be stuck with him a while yet if he wins.

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
I did post something about this that night. I think it would be a mistake to think that this whole ticket hinges on Pricey alone. Each would bring their particular strength and perhaps Pricey's is not the business side. Looking at the line-up there is some very successful people who have danced in the realities of what it is they are wanting to do. That night I made comment that I had wished he was accompanied by one of the higher ranked people involved to sure up that side of the interview. I do not follow those "devil you know" type of people on here and would allow the current board to escape 3-4 years of disgusting decisions. If you want to hold a position of power than you place your neck on the chopping block. I am the type of person that believes decisions should be accountable so for me the board all need to be thrown out in less than dignified fashion.......all of these recent decisions (for the better or not) have been nothing more than an arse covering exercise and I for one see straight through it! I say we complete the change with the board following!
I agree, I think Steve is just the pin up boy for their campaign and they should’ve given him a bit more support but when im voting for a board I want to hear specific actions and policy. Not simply the feel good stuff. It’s easy to say you would make things better... great ... how??? What’s your statergy. ???

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most important thing about running a club is the stability of its board, lets just remember the Parra board recently, yes Turvey left the board to make a statement but is now back, if he was against Dib or the current board he would not have returned and would most probably have joined the rival ticket.
As for the rival ticket I would like to see elected both Lyn Anderson she would be very very loyal, and Ballestey who is proven, but not sure who they should replace certainly not Turvey or Dib, I'm not sure about any of the others in the rival ticket, Dunn is a journey man who could be very loyal but an not totally convinced, Price has said that he want's to be the NRL CEO, does he want our club could provide him with that stepping stone, Chris would be OK to and would certainly be loyal, but I heard that he has had some serious medical issues.
Dib will do a very good job in the future as Presedent only, with genuine coach and a good CEO and not having to fix Castles stuff ups.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Everyones using Lyn for her ticket.

Prices resume including running a general store in NZ. Not like it was a supermarket or some massive multi national.

It was literally like owning the local milk bar on the corner.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Like most I was pretty disappointed with our performance this year. And I have to say some of the changes to our roster would not have been choices I would have made. But with the coach gone along with his entourage, captain gone too. Raylene resigned/sacked. Is this the time to change the board too?
I was initially thrilled when I heard Price and Co were leading an alternative ticket for the board. Then I witnessed the train wreck that was once our great captain on Foxtel’s NRL360. Listening to him ramble about heart and passion and ‘knowing what it means to be a bulldog’ . When asked repeatedly what that was all he could say was it’s about heart and passion and playing for each other and only bulldogs people know this. - well if that’s it then I think most teams have this culture if you choose to believe almost every post match interview with a player. Knowing these things and having captained a great team don’t make you a good businessman or give you the ability to put together a great playing roster.
Every year i sign up for fantasy football and put together a team I think is unbeatable. I quickly come to realize that fantasy and reality are two very different things. I have no doubt he and his crew have the best interest of our great club at heart but that is not enough.
Let’s not become the basket case that so many clubs have become. The current board have made some significant changes. Let’s just see how next season goes before we interrupt their preparations with more drama.
I really can't understand how ANYONE unless you are a current board member yourself could even contemplate re-electing the current bunch of morons. How short is your memory. Instead of being pro-active like a good board should they waited long after every fan and every league commentator knew Des needed to go before first announcing Des' re-signing then his eventual sacking. They sat on their hands hoping Des would pull a miracle out of his arse for at least a season too long. Now the way they handled the contracts we have Des and Fafita suing the club form over $5M. Then we have the salary cap issues and having to shop around half the team. Yeah what a great bunch of fucking moron businessmen the current bunch are. Doesn't someone else deserve a shot - ANYONE else ? Wouldn't be too difficult for a new board to do a better job than the current clowns who do whatever Dib tells them too. After the contracts mess do you think anyone, any potential sponsors would be likely to trust doing big business with Dib and the current board ?

The Big Issue

Waterboy
Reaction score
I really can't understand how ANYONE unless you are a current board member yourself could even contemplate re-electing the current bunch of morons. How short is your memory. Instead of being pro-active like a good board should they waited long after every fan and every league commentator knew Des needed to go before first announcing Des' re-signing then his eventual sacking. They sat on their hands hoping Des would pull a miracle out of his arse for at least a season too long. Now the way they handled the contracts we have Des and Fafita suing the club form over $5M. Then we have the salary cap issues and having to shop around half the team. Yeah what a great bunch of fucking moron businessmen the current bunch are. Doesn't someone else deserve a shot - ANYONE else ? Wouldn't be too difficult for a new board to do a better job than the current clowns who do whatever Dib tells them too. After the contracts mess do you think anyone, any potential sponsors would be likely to trust doing big business with Dib and the current board ?
Agree with a lot of what you are saying. And I’m not saying I’m a fan of Ray.
I think it’s important to question who will represent our club- and that it is easy to write-off the current board. My comments were based around the alternate and that when given their chance to put forward their format for success if they were elected they had nothing of any substance to say. Just the same old cliches.
And questioning the idea that A great player makes a great businessman. I think it’s important to vote on policy and despite being questioned by Paul Kent repeatedly about policy Price could only say I’ll bring heart and passion back. Great I’d love to see that... how????

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It appears as though Dib has made some good changes. But he made those changes because of pressure from members.
He also made a hell of a lot of bad moves. I dont believe the good moves will be enough to save him.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fafita suing our club has to be a joke, does anyone really known where and when the case is been heard.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But they did exactly what the papers pressured them into to doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.