Is Stevie G up to it as a first grade coach!

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As much as I like the guy, I'm not sure that Steve G has the footy brain to be a first grade coach. I definitely think the team needed a relaxed approach to try and build a better atmosphere after Pay's exit ...but is it too relaxed for first grade? also I haven't seen any improvements in our D which is the first place we need to work on and our attack only looks good when Foran controls the plays, but for some reason we keep allowing Lewis to control it.

I think the honeymoon is over with the Stevie G since taking over and reality hit yesterday and I'm not sure the boys are still buying into his coaching style, as I noticed with our body language before kick off and especially at half time, our energy in the sheds was poor and at half time the boys looked like they weren't interested in what he was saying. Lets hope the boys take control and play with some passion this week ??

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if he does or doesn’t. He is just interim coach. No point hiring someone now for a few weeks then giving the reins over to Barret. If ‘dogs thought he was up to it, they would have hired him and not Trent.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As much as I like the guy, I'm not sure that Steve G has the footy brain to be a first grade coach. I definitely think the team needed a relaxed approach to try and build a better atmosphere after Pay's exit ...but is it too relaxed for first grade? also I haven't seen any improvements in our D which is the first place we need to work on and our attack only looks good when Foran controls the plays, but for some reason we keep allowing Lewis to control it.

I think the honeymoon is over with the Stevie G since taking over and reality hit yesterday and I'm not sure the boys are still buying into his coaching style, as I noticed with our body language before kick off and especially at half time, our energy in the sheds was poor and at half time the boys looked like they weren't interested in what he was saying. Lets hope the boys take control and play with some passion this week ??
Coincidence your name is steveng lol

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too many errors yesterday. Can't blame that on Georgillias. I do like his willingness to rotate players around... If Keiran Foran could be a dominant half, i think we would be much better for starters.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes not but hes a notch better than pay but certainly not a full time coach we just have to put up with it till end of season

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know the story on renouf?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are we all forgetting that we have a subpar team with a number of injuries to key players! How are we supposed to go? We have been good these past few weeks, yesterday was really disappointing though. I dont put that down to coaching, it was a lack of effort.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He isnt a first grade coach.
Hes not hired as a first grade coach.
The Club knows hes not a first grade coach.
Everyone else knows hes not a first grade coach.
We have a first grade coach 2021.

He shouldn't have to cop criticism as an interim first grade coach each week for a flogged out team he is babysitting until the end of the year.
We are losing some games due to poor decisions made by players on the field.
Cant stand Lewis but who are we going to replace him with. Coggar doesnt fill me with confidence as his decision making at crucial times isnt on point. Should we play him for the rest of the year? I dont care either way at this point.

Napa looks better without Pay. Thank fuck Thomo's here, should see alot better from him with a real coach, some signings around him and a strong team effort in the off season. He has a strong work ethic.
Weve also lost Hoppa for the time being which is a big blow when we are already so depleated of talent.

Not to dump shit on Pay but he didnt have a clue. George has to deal with an even shitter roster now that Hoppa and Elliot are out.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Next week will tell the story. We weren't a chance against even a second string Melbourne Team.

The attitude instilled and excuses given to this team over the past 2 and a half seasons created a loser mentality, some players will need to be moved on because that's become ingrained in them.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Next week will tell the story. We weren't a chance against even a second string Melbourne Team.

The attitude instilled and excuses given to this team over the past 2 and a half seasons created a loser mentality, some players will need to be moved on because that's become ingrained in them.
There’s a narrative to suit every story. Keep telling yours.