Is Sione Katoa the worst hooker to play for the bulldogs.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the rest he is average at best. No vision, a good kick or 2 in him but very bad in defensive reads on the line. We got split in half up the guts a few times with his lazy defence. (That could also be the 1% stuff good teams do which a lot of players didn’t bother with in 21)

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'll say no only because there was never any hype around him
We got rid of ennis for lichaa and no one complained we thought we got the better deal between us and sharks
Katoa was always in a crap doggies team so he will always look worse
Lichaa was in a half decent dogs team and still sucked
So to answer the thread yes katoa sucked
But lichaa is the worst 9 we've had

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We got rid of ennis for lichaa and no one complained we thought we got the better deal between us and sharks
you have changed the question to get that answer

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Katoa is the worst.

At least Lichaa was good defensively

I still have bad memories of watching breaks against us through the ruck last season and the replays showing Katoa throwing out a lazy arm as his attempted tackle. No committment or desperation

Very lazy player who was lucky to play as many NRL games as he has. So happy that we have moved on from those types of players

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Katoa was a minimum wage player who played like a minimum wage player. Not sure what people expected. Not sure the purpose of the thread.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL why the fuck is this thread still open? He's moved on so who gives a fuck anymore.

Maybe we should start a thread about Flanno being the worst 7 to play for us....he'd be in the top 3 for sure

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep Lichaa was next level rubbish.
The fact it took so long for Des to figure this out makes him equally pathetic.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des never coached Lichaa to suit he’s game but. Just wanted a tackling machine

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL why the fuck is this thread still open? He's moved on so who gives a fuck anymore.

Maybe we should start a thread about Flanno being the worst 7 to play for us....he'd be in the top 3 for sure
Top 3 is generous only contender is the one game Chase Stanley play halfback and even then I would prefer him on a wheel chair half a bottle of scotch down.

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey guys it's me fox,

Sorry for being away for a while but I have had to deal with some personal issues.

After watching tonightd battle I wanted to her everyone's opinion if you users do agree that this young chap is the worst to put the 9 on.

After deep discussion with fellow comrades we agree but a few other names got thrown into the mix but after much healthy debate a joint vote came through for him .

Thoughts and opinions and don't forget to like and reply to dis post.
Yes

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Hahaha geez that is harsh. Flanno wasn't good but I've had to sit through plodders like Dan Holdsworth, Arana Taumata, Chase Stanley, Lachlan Lewis pull the 7 jersey on and I'm a fairly young fan. I'd say there'd be some turd pre 2000.

With regards to Katoa, he is by far the worst I've ever watched. Service was horrendous, no kicking game (despite the odd flukey 40/20), lazy and abysmal defensively.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha geez that is harsh. Flanno wasn't good but I've had to sit through plodders like Dan Holdsworth, Arana Taumata, Chase Stanley, Lachlan Lewis pull the 7 jersey on and I'm a fairly young fan. I'd say there'd be some turd pre 2000.

With regards to Katoa, he is by far the worst I've ever watched. Service was horrendous, no kicking game (despite the odd flukey 40/20), lazy and abysmal defensively.
Mate I've managed to successfully block out the lean years so I honestly can't remember all the duds we've had in the 7 jersey...that's why I thought I'd be conservative and say top 3 but you may be right. Let's just say top 10 to be safe.

In saying that, I'd put Lewis ahead of Flanno by a country mile...and I don't rate Lewis at all

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lichaa was a good defender, heard the Knights are looking for a hooker.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Liccha had good hands until he put them through a window courtesy of Herb and the former Mrs. Liccha. Oh wait - no his hands were rubbish before that :-).