Is rugby league dying a slow death!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After watching today and tonight’s games being officiated the way they were, I feel rugby league is dying a slow death, and I can’t see it being revived with the people running this once great sport!
No it isn't.

If people didn't care then we would be rugby union.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes it's dying a slow death.
Went to my first live game of the season yesterday , was pretty excited , surrounded by atmosphere started off ok but just couldn't maintain the feeling , the stop /start, the bullshit penalties. It became clear the ref was up to his old tricks, seen it too many times, makes me sick .
3 rows in front of me werent watching at all, they all turned away from the game to watch a bunch of guys drumming behind us.
I for one won't go out of my way to watch another live game until the those 2 corrupt or biased refs are out of the picture.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lets see if our new commissioner steps in.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every game in 2018 has either been a total blowout or a game that was riddled by the NRL and their referees by taking a stance in cleaning up the game in order to speed it up. Questions are raised, one in particular... Do they realise nobody wants to see this SHIT??

NOBODY wants to see STOPPAGE after STOPPAGE and nobody wants to see a game of Rugby Union!

Is it time for the fans to take back league? Is it time to BOYCOTT or will this just come naturally because I as a dogs fan yesterday I was so upset with what I was watching I didn't even care who won, I went numb and I just wanted the game to end. It was worse than watching home & away, Just a SHIT attempt at drama being written by SHIT amateur writer's aka the officials.

OR the biggest question of all.... Is Rugby League officially being overrun by corrupted sports betting companies manipulating games to work profits and losses??

The most surprising thing is how do the media outlets feel about all this? After pumping so much money into the game are they happy the ways things are going? Do they not realise sooner or later people will start walking away OR are they in with the sports betting companies and don't care because they are receiving their profits from elsewhere?

One thing I know is that RUGBY LEAGUE IS DYING... A SLOW PAINFUL DEATH.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
32 fucking penalties blown in the storm sharks match plus the disgraceful display of reffing in our match will make people turn from the game in droves

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's become big issue. It's so obvious to see what's going on now it's scary.

Rugby League is a simple game and no matter how equal the teams can be, nothing beats momentum. That natural momentum comes from letting the game flow. The only problem with this is once said team gets that momentum, they generally can do on to blow out the score quite easily. This is where the referees come into it and tamper (yes I said tamper) with that flow by bringing penalties into it.

Blind Freddy could see the rabbitohs couldn't score a point naturally yesterday. It took penalty after penalty and set after set and then cheat further by taking Jackson out of the defence line for them to FINALLY score. As the game went on the Bulldogs continued to cop greif from referees to the point where unnaturally they were gassed out from defending over and over where embarrassing errors under huge fatigue kicked in.

I know I'm blabbering on (doesn't help I'm posting this from my phone), but this is the biggest issue in the game and if it's not fixed we'll continue to see fans give up on this once great game.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet my life mid way through the season penalties will be cut in half after blowups from fans and commentators... games are starting to look like American football with all the stoppages and it’s becoming a bloody joke to watch... just when a team gets momentum it’s all haunted by a penalty... I turned off the sharks game as it done my head in

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon if there is an offside player who does not impact the play, the refs should call zero tackle instead of blowing a penalty. That way play continues and there is also a deterrent.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The penalties are absolutely required.
For what reason? To speed the game up by slowing it down or to manipulate score lines?

RUGBY LEAGUE will never be a clean cut sport.... Its way to hectic as a game and only full blown obvious penalties should be blown. For example if somebody goes back 8m instead of 10m on Numerous occasions after being warned and if the guy completely tunnel balls during the play the ball not misses it by a few mm whilst making a decent attempt.

If they were truly serious about speeding up the game just get the wrestle out, give the players less time on the ball player.

All they truly need is a 90's footy template and the game will head in the right direction again.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon if there is an offside player who does not impact the play, the refs should call zero tackle instead of blowing a penalty. That way play continues and there is also a deterrent.
I reckon if there is an offside player who does not impact the play nothing should happen... If he does then blow it no problem but its got to be a significant offside not a 1st offence or the guy left the line a millisecond to early.

Just blow the obvious calls for fcuk sake!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For what reason? To speed the game up by slowing it down or to manipulate score lines?

RUGBY LEAGUE will never be a clean cut sport.... Its way to hectic as a game and only full blown obvious penalties should be blown. For example if somebody goes back 8m instead of 10m and if the guy completely tunnel balls during the play the ball not misses it by a few mm whilst making a decent attempt.

If they were truly serious about speeding up the game just get the wrestle out, give the players less time on the ball player.

All they truly need is a 90's footy template and the game will head in the right direction again.
To stop teams cheating. No suprise to see the Sharks VS Storm be a heavily penalised game considering both these teams are recent Premiership winners and got there by pushing the boundaries each game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To stop teams cheating. No suprise to see the Sharks VS Storm be a heavily penalised game considering both these teams are recent Premiership winners and got there by pushing the boundaries each game.
That's a deluded notion in order to just pick an argument with someone.... I will not be sucked into this one with you but I will say those teams won their respected premierships on the back of being the best teams on the park that yr with out a doubt.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's a deluded notion in order to just pick an argument with someone.... I will not be sucked into this one with you but I will say those teams won their respected premierships on the back of being the best teams on the park that yr with out a doubt.
No it's absolutely true. Players and coaches have pushed the boundries for years and these 2 teams have won comps because they were the best at it. The mess we are in is because of them and the refs letting things go for the "flow of the game".

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a contrary view on some of the penalties.
The NRL absolutely needs to enforce the 10 meters and clean up the ruck.
We all know certain clubs constantly stand offside, rush off the mark basically playing the odds that the referees will not keep blowing penalties.

While we're at it. The decoy runner / obstruction rule is a dogs breakfast.
Why did they ever move away from the old Sheppard rule.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon if there is an offside player who does not impact the play nothing should happen... If he does then blow it no problem but its got to be a significant offside not a 1st offence or the guy left the line a millisecond to early.

Just blow the obvious calls for fcuk sake!
Problem is these offside player who don’t impact the play probably do. As they reduce the playing options of the attaching side. Zero tackle I say.

The other upside is the defensive side does not get a break

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they want to teach teams a lesson and make the game flow, start sin binning players for 5 minutes for repeated team infringements! That will teach players not reoffend. 32 penalties and only 2 players sent to the bin is a joke! The game would have been more entertaining with less penalties and less players on the field!!

Status
Not open for further replies.