News Is Pay having a fluffy?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is our version of Tom Brady.
Big vision, big boot, big defence.
He needs some attacking players around him, how about we give him xerri and jac or cotric and judge him then..

Townsend passes to xerri ....try
Lewis passes to hoppa ....no try
Croft passes to staggs....try
Lewis passes to crighton...no try
Tom Brady has had most of his success with below average players bar one or two like Gronk and Moss. So saying Lewis is our version of Brady and that he needs better attacking players around him doesn’t really make sense.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its the bar one or 2 he needs and foran needs too
Tom Brady has had most of his success with below average players bar one or two like Gronk and Moss. So saying Lewis is our version of Brady and that he needs better attacking players around him doesn’t really make sense.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its the bar one or 2 he needs and foran needs too
Brady did it without those two as well that’s the difference. Lewis has had enough chances and he just isn’t up to it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm sorry Dean but at some stage you have to put your neck on the line and pick a fukin team.

We are a building club/team and that needs consistency and stability. Something I have not seen since Pay started.

Pick the best 17 and see what they do. Relegate anyone who can't do their job and find out who we need to get rid of FFS.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He needs some attacking players around him, how about we give him xerri and jac or cotric and judge him then..

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The common factor is the half can put the attacker in a better position to score, like put them through holes etc, based on sheer ability most other teams score or have those players that are more talented, faster, stronger swerve and step to finish the job
Wow. Worst comparison.

The common factor in the "no try" scenarios is Lewis.

Hahahaha that didnt work out the way you planned it

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players we have in terms of individual brilliance is way below average mate ..( except for averillo)
Brady did it without those two as well that’s the difference. Lewis has had enough chances and he just isn’t up to it.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ridiculous! Forget about resting! They’ve played two games since September! Nearly eight months off and paid how many hundred thousand a year!? C’mon Dean! Pick the best 17 every week. That’s the formula! Resting players should be the last thing on the coach’s mind!
Got to agree. Coaches who have a winning mind set right now are thinking how to give the comp a crack, losing coaches are thinking everything else!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cogger is shit , beyond shit
im not going to debate that with you, but anyone with half a brain knows that Cogger is a better half than Lewis.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So what does pay do when waheham has an absolute shocker ?
you deal with that when and if the time comes... same way he hooked Lewis after he was absolute puss. Your entitled to this view once Wakeham has had a fair go in first grade, hes had almost one 2nd half in full control and we looked better.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
weird comparison hey... hes not flashy but hes really underestimating Townsend here, bloke shits all over Lewis in ever facet of halfback play.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the cowboys clocked off in the 2nd half, and averillo was the only shining light
you deal with that when and if the time comes... same way he hooked Lewis after he was absolute puss. Your entitled to this view once Wakeham has had a fair go in first grade, hes had almost one 2nd half in full control and we looked better.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If Pay nabs Bateman and played a big part in it of course he deserves credit but to deflect what I was saying with a hypothetical is a bit of a cop out.

As if stands Bateman isn't a Bulldog and it's only rumour. On the flip side what happens if Pay doesn't attract anyone and has another year of "rebuilding" with not much to show for it?

The club has spent the last two years treading water and yes that due to the cap but I don't really see any of these players Pay has asked for patients with being long term answers.

Jackson, Hoppa, Tolman, Elliott and Foran were already established first graders when Pay arrived and he has added DWZ and Napa to that last.

The rest are all still trying to establish themselves and look what he's doing with the likes of Reimis and Meaney with their positional changes.

Hopefully some more players establish themselves this year because its going to be mighty disappointing to have gone through these last few years and we only have DWZ and Napa to show for it.
Yes, as my post clearly said, at this stage Bateman hasn't happened - and might not - it'll just be funny to see which of the board and Pay haters flips if it happens.
No cop out mate - you just seem to have lost your well respected objectivity and are happy to bag Pay at any opportunity.
You're saying to me I used a hypothetical and then you've done exactly the same.

We've played two real games since September - one of which we lost narrowly after a tumultuous week for the club and the other, yes, we absolutely blew it in the first half with way too many errors and couldn't catch up in the second half.

I'd take your point a little more if the season had've continued and after this weekend of Round 11 we were 1-10.
I don't agree with everything he's done (positional changes), but nor do I believe it's for no reason and that it's because he's clueless as some here continually suggest.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Regardless of whether we recruit Bateman and the like or not, it doesn't change Pay's coaching ability or lack thereof.. Players won't be signing with us because of the coach, they'll be signing because we offer more than anyone else.

If anything if we recruit really well, the pressure will be on the club more than ever to get wins to reflect their investment in talent.. They might seek a more proven coach to take us to the next level.
And how is that different to any other club?
Of course players sign either for money or the chance to win a premiership - and since 2018 we've been able to offer neither.
In 2021 we've got money. And there's a distinct lack of alternatives to coach - which is why I believe Pay will be extended on a relatively short term deal - and I have no problem with this with a significantly improved squad.
Many on here have suggested the club won't be able to recruit top talent whilst Pay is coach. I guess soon enough we're all going to find out just how true those claims are.
And you can be sure that 18 months from now if the results aren't clearly measurable, expect further changes - especially leading into a board election in early 2022.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lewis just can't pass properly. It's like he's got no wrists. He just seems to swing his arms through and lob the ball out, which ends up in these slow loopy things. There's no way he is the man to ignite any speed we have got in our backline, and I've never seen him put defence's in 2 minds - he's totally predictable. Good defender usually, but even that looked a bit ordinary in the first 2 rounds. We have to go with Wakeham if Foran's fit, and look to Averillo (mainly) and then Lewis and Cogger for depth in the halves.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So remind me who will be kicking us out of trouble??
Lewis just can't pass properly. It's like he's got no wrists. He just seems to swing his arms through and lob the ball out, which ends up in these slow loopy things. There's no way he is the man to ignite any speed we have got in our backline, and I've never seen him put defence's in 2 minds - he's totally predictable. Good defender usually, but even that looked a bit ordinary in the first 2 rounds. We have to go with Wakeham if Foran's fit, and look to Averillo (mainly) and then Lewis and Cogger for depth in the halves.