Is KAYO sh!tting itself ?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with the kayo app on their tv set?

While watching replays of nrl games and it doesn't matter if you are 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 way through the replay stops and restarts from the beginning.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've had so many problems with Kayo. The interface is complete shit, and sometimes it kicks me out of a game continuously. I can't wait til Foxtel dies completely as it's a joke they have so many bugs after so long.

Reactions: GDR

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score

While watching replays of nrl games and it doesn't matter if you are 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 way through the replay stops and restarts from the beginning.
I had it last night on the big tv, but has been OK on the iPad and PC. But only the replay, Live was OK.

If they are using QoS on their routers the Replays probably get a lower precedence and it might be timing out and losing the stream markers and defaulting back to the start. (or something like that)

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

That has happened to me before.
I had to reset my TV
Open up another app like YouTube
Then go back into kayo fresh to get it back going again

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I use a computer hooked to my tv to use kayo via web browser. I do have some issues but not this one specifically.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
kayo has a bullshit message that their apps for gaming consoles are coming soon, i think its been up for 2+ years

they dont want to further cannibalise foxtel by making it easier to do

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

The best way to watch kayo is nvidia shield with kodi installed with the kayo addon

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I only watch it on my pc, no app for my TV yet. My pc screen is big so it does the job so haven't bothered trying to hook it into my TV. Never had any issue except it hated Firefox so had to change browser to chrome

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best way to watch kayo is nvidia shield with kodi installed with the kayo addon
Im finding my nvidia shield doesn't connect to 5gz over wifi. 2.4gz dips in quality. So i have to watch it via the native app as the tv is on 5gz

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My sound cuts out sometimes and I have to get out of it and go back into it for it to have sound again

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I find that my Kayo keeps rebuffering ... I have my computer hooked up to the tv and watch Kayo via chrome browser. If anyone can help sort out the constant buffering issue ... will be appreciated

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
no issue here, Kayo app downloaded to my Smart TV wifi connected job done, watched every game without issue.

i have little clue wtf youse are even talking about with nvidia shields kodi and obe one kanobe and other shit mentioned but yeh mine's sweet as. :laughing:

only $5/mth for the 1st 12 months too happy days.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just screen mirror my phone to my TV and never have problems.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
no issue here, Kayo app downloaded to my Smart TV wifi connected job done, watched every game without issue.

i have little clue wtf youse are even talking about with nvidia shields kodi and obe one kanobe and other shit mentioned but yeh mine's sweet as. :laughing:

only $5/mth for the 1st 12 months too happy days.
The force is strong in this one, it is.

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This has been happening to me for a month or so. Ita damm annoying. When i first got kayo it had heaps of problems and they fixed almost all of them, hopefully they get onto this soon

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've had so many problems with Kayo. The interface is complete shit, and sometimes it kicks me out of a game continuously. I can't wait til Foxtel dies completely as it's a joke they have so many bugs after so long.
What platform?
Mine is as smooth as a baby’s bum (Apple TV).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I find that my Kayo keeps rebuffering ... I have my computer hooked up to the tv and watch Kayo via chrome browser. If anyone can help sort out the constant buffering issue ... will be appreciated
Are you on 5GHz radio on Wi-FI?
Try that, not 2.4GHz, buffering should go.