Is Josh Reynolds an Five-eighth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Josh Reynolds an Five-eighth to me he doesn't suit it lol?
idk guys , he doesn't seem to play like one, to me he is like a Jamie Buhrer (Lock) , just my thoughts idk what you guys think?
I would want to try Reynolds as a lock though.but I love how he plays his heart out

Last edited by a moderator:

dogs_of_war89

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cant defend so no chance in the forwards. Beginning of year and previous 2 years definitely worthy of team selection. Ever since origin has dropped his game considerably

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Like I said in a different thread, when we're behind he tries too hard and overplays his hand, I would keep him at Five Eighth.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Five eight or nsw cup.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has the #6 on his back so maybe...

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys think he would be a good lock tho?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is the nsw 5/8 in case you forgot. That 3week suspension killed any momentum he may have gained from the SOO.
He'll come good again if he's given free reign like
was at the start if the season

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Cant defend. Rushes up way way too much.

Eastwood, Finnucane are excellent defenders, they should be our rotating locks

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cant defend so no chance in the forwards. Beginning of year and previous 2 years definitely worthy of team selection. Ever since origin has dropped his game considerably
In many respects defending at 6 or 7 can be more challenging than in the forwards. Less tackling, of course; but more decisions to be made, more space around you, but less big men around you helping.

Look at the games where Ennis played halfback, for example.

Ennis is a renowned defender - when he is around the ruck. However, when he was playing halfback, he got caught out on numerous occasions.

I'm not saying Reynolds should, or shouldn't be at 5/8; but it's a conversation worth having.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant pass, can't run, cant kick, can't tackle... But he plays his little heart out..... I have said it a number of times, his passion blinds us from how below average he is. I would prefer mbye in the 6, he is a raw instinctive player.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't rate him. But he does play to his ability unlike some others.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooker or some bench utility.

6 isn't his game.

BAD INFLUENCE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not a five eights arsehole. Does not get his hands on the ball enough, Trent included and definitely can't kick for shit

dogs_of_war89

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In many respects defending at 6 or 7 can be more challenging than in the forwards. Less tackling, of course; but more decisions to be made, more space around you, but less big men around you helping.

Look at the games where Ennis played halfback, for example.

Ennis is a renowned defender - when he is around the ruck. However, when he was playing halfback, he got caught out on numerous occasions.

I'm not saying Reynolds should, or shouldn't be at 5/8; but it's a conversation worth having.
I agree with u. Personally id prefer mbye at 6. Love reynolds but in all honesty isnt nsw or bulldogs best 5/8th.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Omg finally! other people are finally starting to see what i see in Reynolds. Mbye will be our long term 6 and i can't wait for him to push Reynolds out. Hodko also needs to step up and take control and get his hands on the ball as much as he can and not play second fiddle to anyone else.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Is Josh Reynolds an Five-eighth to me he doesn't suit it lol?
idk guys , he doesn't seem to play like one, to me he is like a Jamie Buhrer (Lock) , just my thoughts idk what you guys think?
I prefer Reynolds as a lock though
How many games have you seen him play lock? How can you prefer him in a position you've never seen him play

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we even have any halves?
Last night was a headless chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.