Is it time to privatise?

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If a multi billionaire turned up tomorrow and offered to buy the Club would people be in favour? I mean there are examples already in the NRL I guess who have had varying amounts of success. Manly (up and down), Souths (mostly up since privatization), Newcastle (pretty much a disaster).

In other words...how long can the club go on being run by a by this toxic board? Seriously, Its obviously not working...maybe its time to change everything from the top down. Discuss?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For what reason? Leagues club give us all the money we need.

Manly with co owners was a disaster.

If anything some changes might need to be made so the board is in for slightly longer so they’re not looking over their shoulder at the next election.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why? Money outside the Cap isn't an issue for us.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish I had the money I would buy them instantly what a dream come true that would be I will ask Elion musk for a few millions

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hopefully a multi billionaire will offer to buy the kennel and pay out all the long term members out
say $100K for each year of membership

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a multi billionaire turned up tomorrow and offered to buy the Club would people be in favour? I mean there are examples already in the NRL I guess who have had varying amounts of success. Manly (up and down), Souths (mostly up since privatization), Newcastle (pretty much a disaster).

In other words...how long can the club go on being run by a by this toxic board? Seriously, Its obviously not working...maybe its time to change everything from the top down. Discuss?
NO

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes. The elections are the worst thing for our club, as it drives directors to act in their interest and not in the clubs best interest. Every 2 years is a joke. Should be every 4 at least

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The board is very stable and not toxic. The Club is United totally. It’s just that our coach was shite, and we did what a good club would do and tapped him. It Will be all ok again in a week or 2

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The board is very stable and not toxic. The Club is United totally. It’s just that our coach was shite, and we did what a good club would do and tapped him. It Will be all ok again in a week or 2
I agree we need to privatise, whereby the League Club owns say 25% and puts in $6m per annum each year and the rest is private ownership. Members can be part of 25 per cent via League Club. The 75% should be sold for about $15m, which goes straight into the Football Club's bank account. Colours, location etc needs to have greater than 75% of membership for these things to ever change. The football club will be in semis nearly every year-guaranteed

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We don’t need Russel Crowe we have Gus and a leagues club.

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I do agree

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So are we buying shares or wooden spoons
I wouldn’t mind buying shares in the club I support. Something to pass down to the kids. Privatisation has its benefits but I think as already mentioned extending the frequency of the board election might be the sweet spot.

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind buying shares in the club I support. Something to pass down to the kids. Privatisation has its benefits but I think as already mentioned extending the frequency of the board election might be the sweet spot.
True-good start 4 sure

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Leagues club has enough money to buy this club 10 times over. Next thread.