Is it better to wear no watch than a watch costing <$1000?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was at a lunch and there was one guy in a short sleeve shirt wearing a gold watch. It looked a bit small on his wrist but I managed to get a closer look.

It was a Invicta brand watch? I'd never heard of them?

So I looked them up and I saw them on eBay and Amazon.. a bunch of watches that say was price $1200, sale for $120.

Was that guy trying to project that he is more than he is?
Just bought my missus an AP, not even trying to flex.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the Military Watches Magazine years ago. The special introductory price for issue 1 was $7.95. It came with some German watch. It does the same job at any other analogue watch.

So... I sport my $7.95 watch and wear it with pride.

Bite me :tonguewink:

Have all your Christmas cone at once. Upgrade bro!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It might seem like all your Christmas have come at once but here is something for you.

A LONGBO luxury watch ... That's if you can stretch and spend $9.99... blow everyone away at the dinner table this Christmas when you flop this out.

I can immediately see something I don't like in that one - the hour markings are bars. I prefer them numbered, like this one:

1596175608150.png

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an interview today. The applicant had a fake Rolex on. I kid you not.. common bro, at least wear a real Seiko than a fake Rolex. Will his resume also be fake?

Where do people get fake Rolex from? Wish.com?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had an interview today. The applicant had a fake Rolex on. I kid you not.. common bro, at least wear a real Seiko than a fake Rolex. Will his resume also be fake?

Where do people get fake Rolex from? Wish.com?
how did you know it was fake?

and would you want to work for someone who wears a fakey? probably not

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone post the best luxury watch you can get for under $120.. we can call it the renters watch

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone post the best luxury watch you can get for under $120.. we can call it the renters watch
Seiko 5 is a fully automatic watch for $120 odd, great way to get into it and by a well known brand

Might be a bit disingenuous to call it a renters watch, I reckon it is a good base.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seiko 5 is a fully automatic watch for $120 odd, great way to get into it and by a well known brand

Might be a bit disingenuous to call it a renters watch, I reckon it is a good base.
Where do you find for $120? Renters out there would be looking long and hard

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my tip for renters. Put that watch above in your cart for Amazon.. leave it there . Watch in the next few days the Amazon algorithm starts fiddling with price. When it drops under the $120 mark, renters pounce like someone offers a free beer

If you bump into a Rolex owner, before they start laughing , get em in the heimlich manoeuvre. Make em look at your watch and tell you the time

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Renters near and far, rejoice as Ive found a great watch for you. Go without 3 packs of cigarettes and your home. You can be elegant... It was about $400 when first released... For you $149 drive away

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a meeting today with a sales guy. I noticed he was wearing a blingy looking watch... It was a brand called Vostock? Never heard of it. I asked him about it and he said it was purposely built for Russian military? I was gonna shirt front him but I thought about just dragging him out the back door for a few left and rights.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Should be at 8-2 that would be more fitting for Barcelona
More fitting for Bayern you mean.

Barcelona... 6-5 after what they did to PSG which will still go down as their greatest ever CL victory.

I was in the office... everyone thought I lost my mind... as did I lol.

Last edited: