Is it better to wear no watch than a watch costing <$1000?

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/casio-g-shock-digital-watch-with-resin-band-black-gd100-1a-casio/

Kennel,

Lightening don’t usually strike twice but here is another great deal.. $49 (rrp $249). Either use it as a tough beata for work / gym or flip it on eBay for double.

Please advise if you grab one. I’ll even accept that your wearing a $249 watch.

Whoever it was on here wearing that $7.99 watch, it’s a must upgrade.
Genuine question...

What's wrong with G-Shocks?

Cheap quality or just cheap price?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are they tough at least? Like can you wear them on a job site?
They look like you can, they’re bulky as fuck. I don’t know anything about them though lol. They just look ugly. I know kids wear them so....

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
you can get thugnificent fakes in Bali for about 100 Aussie that are perfect Rolex replicas.

Some are cheap fakes but some are the shiz.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Genuine question...

Nothing's wrong with em. They are not a mechanical watch so they don't command the price of one.

Most of them are quartz (which is actually more accurate timekeeper) and have solar power battery.

They are built as a more knock around watch rather than a dressy piece. Hence the price point.

I actually have more than a few G-Shock watches and I rate em. paid from about $100 to about $1000.

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of movies and the actors are wearing g-shock.. durable

Even Arnie wore one in a movie or two

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nothing's wrong with em. They are not a mechanical watch so they don't command the price of one.

Most of them are quartz (which is actually more accurate timekeeper) and have solar power battery.

They are built as a more knock around watch rather than a dressy piece. Hence the price point.

I actually have a few G-Shock watches and I rate em. One I paid about $700 another about $200.
Yeah, just want a rugged watch to wear on the job without caring if it gets demolished.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you want to be somebody, buy a Ferrari,
If you are someone, buy a Lamborghini.
Hmm Lambos are around that category too if you ask me lol but lambos designs are much pleasing to the eye.

If you want to buy a car thats actually a road going race car rather than trying to be a show pony being one plus have the money then a Porsche is where its at or something like a Lotus/kit car, or if you are truly the real deal and know whats up, this is the holy grail if you ask me:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Genuine question...

Nothing bro, they are just a good work watch or watch to wear casually. I wear them for all worksite and workshop work I do because they can take a beating or just wash my hands with them on not worrying and have a decent aesthetic to them plus many choices for colors and styles. Some are cheap some are pretty pricey being all metal with bluetooth and etc.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hmm Lambos are around that category too if you ask me lol but lambos designs are much pleasing to the eye.

If you want to buy a car thats actually a road going race car rather than trying to be a show pony being one plus have the money then a Porsche is where its at or something like a Lotus/kit car, or if you are truly the real deal and know whats up, this is the holy grail if you ask me:

Always loved Porsches bro, very under-rated machines.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Always loved Porsches bro, very under-rated machines.
They are a legit race car designed to be drive from your home to the track lol, some of higher end models are just incredible but the cost hahah... Would love one as you'd smoke everykunt out there thinking his over priced show pony is fast lol (c63 owners mostly)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I stopped wearing my watch.

I have no desire to show boat in material possessions.

I'm almost 7 feet tall.
I don't need to do things to stand out.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a lunch and there was one guy in a short sleeve shirt wearing a gold watch. It looked a bit small on his wrist but I managed to get a closer look.

It was a Invicta brand watch? I'd never heard of them?

So I looked them up and I saw them on eBay and Amazon.. a bunch of watches that say was price $1200, sale for $120.

Was that guy trying to project that he is more than he is?