Is Hip Hop dead?

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just as the titles says, is it truly dead?! Or am I just getting old and not getting with the times.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say it's thriving more than ever.

Rap music, witch forms part of the hip-hop culture is everywhere.

For me hip hop and rap have always been the same thing (others may disagree - hence hip-hop culture vs rap), and I listen to more rap than any other genre.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naughty by nature- Uptown anthem

Rakim-It’s been a long time

Wu tang - It’s Yourz

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Just as the titles says, is it truly dead?! Or am I just getting old and not getting with the times.
Hip hop largely died back in the 90’s. It’s been dead a long time ago bro.
Most black music these days is a joke compared to the artistry and talent and creativity of the 80’s and 90’s. Then again this is true of most genres.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i dont understand what they are saying anymore its like a new language

Rapper: Raindrops, drop tops drop top, Smokin' on cookie in the hotbox cookie,Fuckin' on your bitch she a thot, thot, thot Thot, Cookin' up dope in the crockpot pot

Rodzilla: hmm that sounds cool i guess, but what does it all mean:expressionless:

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Infamous Mobb Deep, Craig Mack (Rip) Kid N Play, Big Daddy Kane

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i dont understand what they are saying anymore its like a new language

Rapper: Raindrops, drop tops drop top, Smokin' on cookie in the hotbox cookie,Fuckin' on your bitch she a thot, thot, thot Thot, Cookin' up dope in the crockpot pot

Rodzilla: hmm that sounds cool i guess, but what does it all mean:expressionless:
I'm able to do a better job of interpreting what dogs barks are about than what rappers are dribbling shit about.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite artist at the moment = NF

Spent a lot of time listening to him in my 2 stints in the mental hospital after the accident.

I found I could connect to a lot of his lyrics as the subject of mental health is at the forefront of most of his lyrics, plus he is exceptionally talented.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its definitely not dead!! Ifenuinely think the shit being pumped out of america is pretty shit these days, but thats because i grew up listening to NWA, Snoop, Kurupt, Ice-T, KRS ONE, Outkast, Wu-Tang, Nas, Rakim, Beastie Boys, Jay-Z, RUN DMC, Cypress Hill, etc etc. However aussie hip hop is where its at for me these days. There's loads of quality hip hop music coming out of Oz these days, and its far more relateable. I also love how they sample the greats i grew up listening to.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hip hop is just talking shit about having money and cars and shit.

Should be called blow arse hop.
Thats just all the shit hip hop. Go a bit deeper and listen to the philosophers like KRS ONE or Nas. These guys are deep thinkers. Incredibly inteligent and gifted poets.
Hip hop is an evolutuon of reggae music, and the spoken word. It doesnt rely on melody, but rythm and flow, rhyming ability.
Have a listen to this. A deeply religeous guy who has enough deep thoughts to question some of the stories he has always heard.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its definitely not dead!! Ifenuinely think the shit being pumped out of america is pretty shit these days, but thats because i grew up listening to NWA, Snoop, Kurupt, Ice-T, KRS ONE, Outkast, Wu-Tang, Nas, Rakim, Beastie Boys, Jay-Z, RUN DMC, Cypress Hill, etc etc. However aussie hip hop is where its at for me these days. There's loads of quality hip hop music coming out of Oz these days, and its far more relateable. I also love how they sample the greats i grew up listening to.
Kurupt was my fav back in the day. Hence my user name lol. Man his bars. Would just flow!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thats just all the shit hip hop. Go a bit deeper and listen to the philosophers like KRS ONE or Nas. These guys are deep thinkers. Incredibly inteligent and gifted poets.
Hip hop is an evolutuon of reggae music, and the spoken word. It doesnt rely on melody, but rythm and flow, rhyming ability.
Have a listen to this. A deeply religeous guy who has enough deep thoughts to question some of the stories he has always heard.

Sorry I should of said modern day crap and not the old school.