Is Foran the #1 Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't give 2 shits what anyones thoughts of Kieran Foran was while he is at the Warriors, fuck the Warriors! same goes with Parramatta!!

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sick of the repeated warriors talk, every player that ends up there goes to shit. We'll be pushing the fuck out of signing RTS next year hopefully but do we give a shit how bad he's played there?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Don Singe still working with the club??? Below is an older article that leads to my question.

Kieran Foran's former trainer: I can get him fit again

The man charged with putting Kieran Foran’s broken body back together says he will hand deliver Canterbury a brand new footballer in 2018.

Canterbury’s director of athletic performance – experienced conditioner Don Singe – has begun working with Foran and will monitor his progress throughout the early pre-season.

Singe worked with Foran at Manly from 2009-15, back when the five-eighth was at peak physical fitness.

Since leaving the Sea Eagles, Foran has suffered a mental breakdown and battled to produce his best football on the back of a string of injuries.

He will pull out of New Zealand’s World Cup campaign to concentrate on getting 100 per cent right for next season.

“I can get Kieran fit again,” Singe declared.

“I will have him right to ensure he is physically competitive for his Bulldogs debut.

“I haven’t worked with Kieran for a while but I know exactly what he needs. He will be back to the Kieran of old.”

The Dogs are without a coach after removing Des Hasler this week, leading to speculation Foran may have backed out of his deal.

But the Kiwi international will definitely head to Belmore, looking to revive a career that has stalled for the past two years.

“Kieran will be here next year and we believe we can get his career back to where it was,” Singe said.

“He hasn’t had a good pre-season for a number of years but will get that at Canterbury. His base will be very solid.”

But there is doubt whether Singe will be there to see Foran right through to the start of the 2018 campaign.

The renowned trainer handed in his resignation at the Bulldogs earlier this month but still has a couple of months to run on his contract.

He will continue to map out pre-season programs until a new coach is appointed and could stay if the in-coming boss decides to retain him.

The New Zealander is rated one of the best in the business, having worked with the Kiwi Test side and two premiership-winning Manly teams.

Singe is proud of the fact he has helped reduce the injury toll at the Dogs over the past two years, ensuring the club’s top level players have been available for the majority of the season.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The biggest problem with Foran is not his mental health, its his body.

His hamstrings are gone, his shoulder is fucked and his knees are getting shot to shit.

Best thing for us is him not playing the world cup, but lets see how he holds up in the first few games next year.
By the time Terry lamb retired his knees were so shot that he was excused from any running the club did at training for two or three years. He was still producing some sensational football. I have no doubts that Foran's physical issues can be worked with. I read about one of Parras former players commenting that they were training on grounds he wouldn't walk his dogs on. And from the sounds of things the Warriors stopped giving a shit about player health years ago. So it's entirely possible that with some dedicated work at a club that has invested millions on hyperbaric chambers and things like the anti grav units, he'll have a great chance to get himself back to his best physically.

We just got the number 1 signing sorry to bust your party lads.

Welcome to parra Tony 'T-REX' Willams !!!!

Will be the buy of the season.
If you are talking in terms of dollar value per KG that may be true if you signed him on peanuts. But thanks for the laugh.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can Foz find the fire?

Kieran Foran said all the right things when fronting the Sydney media last week during his first day as a Canterbury Bulldog.

He said he was keen and ready for the testing challenges that lie ahead.

To be fair, Foran looked fit and fresh.

But there are a few hidden concerns.

A couple of Foran’s friends say their mate has lost some hunger for rugby league.

Who could blame him?

Two years of physical and mental pain has worn down the Kiwi star.

His buddies fear Foran may never find that missing magic again.

Maybe a new club will rekindle Foran’s enthusiasm?

I’m not so sure.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...id-gyngell/1embs6ej85t2p1kbuhic45ka76/slide/1
And its started already, as i was saying he'll never be the same again, lets get it clear, im not saying this to bag the dogs, but this signing will end in tears.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And its started already, as i was saying he'll never be the same again, lets get it clear, im not saying this to bag the dogs, but this signing will end in tears.
Well Serpent, just like every kenneler on here I'm hoping for tears of joy :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say it's probably an even money bet about whether the eels fans will be crying when dorothy doesn't do anything or whether Foran underperforms.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why didnt you pick the articles that say Foran is primed and ready? Oh yeah... it goes against your what you believe...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Serpent me old mate, I agree with you 110% here.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But, you are bagging the Dogs indirectly, your opinion means very little to most of us Kennelers TBH until we commence the 2018 season I believe it will be a good bet that Kieran Foran will produce on the field what we as a club are looking for moving forward, I am backing him all the way and can't wait for him to be steering the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.