Is Foran the #1 Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Take it easy champ, dont think the question is that outrageous. Not everyone shares your view on Tedesco and Cronk is oretty old.....
No but I'm pretty everyone rkns there better signings than Foran....

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Based on last seasons performance, foran is an average signing.
Cronk and tedesco are way better signings.
especially when you consider they are only valued at $100,000 collectively under the salary cap by the NRL

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The biggest problem with Foran is not his mental health, its his body.

His hamstrings are gone, his shoulder is fucked and his knees are getting shot to shit.
I am the same. This is my greatest fear. Foran can take us to a new level BUT only if he is healthy. His injury problems have been severe and ongoing. Let's pray the club did their research properly before signing him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The biggest problem with Foran is not his mental health, its his body.

His hamstrings are gone, his shoulder is fucked and his knees are getting shot to shit.

Best thing for us is him not playing the world cup, but lets see how he holds up in the first few games next year.
I don't really care how Foran performs over the opening 6 weeks of the comp tbh. Only thing i care about is if he can stay on the field for that time and look fit and focused instead of the busted fuck he was at the Warriors.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well the good news he's taking every step to make a fit 2018 season. Hope all goes well.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess not because Zero Tackle are saying that Aaron Woods is our captain. Are they just guessing? How can we go past Aiden Tolman?Woods.jpg

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We just got the number 1 signing sorry to bust your party lads.

Welcome to parra Tony 'T-REX' Willams !!!!

Will be the buy of the season.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
3A9355D2E2294D0EAEB2479B6F2B82EF.jpg

Weeee are the champions my friends...
And we'll keep on fighting to the end..
Parra are the champions
Parra are the champions
No time for losers
Because we are the CHAMPIONS
OF THE WORLD....

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of big signings and marquee movement and shuffling in the NRL atm, mainly by top 8 teams. Is it fair to think that Foran is the pick of all the signings? Ignoring that we had to let talent go to land him. Roosters signing Tedesco is probably the Best ‘net’ gain by any club but is Foran the bet player to move clubs ?
He’s probably the second best player to sign for the Bulldogs just behind Aaron Woods. In the NRL he’d be about the 12th or 13th best signing. To suggest he’s the pick of all the signings in the NRL is absurd and a tad bias.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s probably the second best player to sign for the Bulldogs just behind Aaron Woods. In the NRL he’d be about the 12th or 13th best signing. To suggest he’s the pick of all the signings in the NRL is absurd and a tad bias.
I think he will prove bigger signing than Woods.
And I think Woods will be great for us.
But my god do we need and organising half-back that can:-
Lead the team around the park.
Straighten the attack.
Provide much much better 5th tackle options.
And has a good short kicking game in the opposition 20 meters.

I still think we are lacking in the longer kicking game?
But not sure who will play in the halves with Foran.

Plus Foran is as hard as nails on the field.
If his body & mind are right, we can expect a gangbusters season from him I think.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Warriors say good riddance to Foran

Kieran Foran only stayed one season at the Warriors, but he left a lasting legacy - of sorts.

"He is the most difficult, rude and disagreeable person I've ever dealt with," a veteran Warriors official told me.

The Warriors have not shed too many tears over the loss of Kieran Foran to the Bulldogs. (AAP)

"He won't be missed by anyone at the club - good riddance."

After a disappointing return to football at the Warriors in 2017, Foran will be looking to regain his best form at the Bulldogs next season.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Kieran Foran only stayed one season at the Warriors, but he left a lasting legacy - of sorts.

"He is the most difficult, rude and disagreeable person I've ever dealt with," a veteran Warriors official told me.

The Warriors have not shed too many tears over the loss of Kieran Foran to the Bulldogs. (AAP)

After a disappointing return to football at the Warriors in 2017, Foran will be looking to regain his best form at the Bulldogs next season.
On May the 7th it was reported that the Warriors were desperate to keep Foran at the club after handing him a lifeline late last year but ultimately were unsuccessful in their bid to keep him. Now we read this garbage??? In my opinion the Warriors organization is dysfunctional at best and have absolutely no idea what player welfare is or what it means. Let's not forget Foran was forced to play half a season on one leg. Thanks to these morons from over the ditch. Reading the above article shows just how butt hurt these once were warriors are. " A veteran Warriors official told me" ......Blow it out your ass!!! Name the prick or it never happened. By all accounts Foran's troubles with the Warriors started the moment they found out that he signed on with us and that he was indeed leaving. Soar grapes for mine!!!

Any how I trust in our club and the people that work with Foran to keep him focused and happy. By all accounts Foran seems to be ticking all the right boxes and expressing a great attitude since his arrival in B town, that's all that matters. After all even Foran understands that this is pretty much his last chance to resurrect his football career.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
On May the 7th it was reported that the Warriors were desperate to keep Foran at the club after handing him a lifeline late last year but ultimately were unsuccessful in their bid to keep him. Now we read this garbage??? In my opinion the Warriors organization is dysfunctional at best and have absolutely no idea what player welfare is or what it means. Let's not forget Foran was forced to play half a season on one leg. Thanks to these morons from over the ditch. Reading the above article shows just how butt hurt these once were warriors are. " A veteran Warriors official told me" ......Blow it out your ass!!! Name the prick or it never happened. By all accounts Foran's troubles with the Warriors started the moment they found out that he signed on with us and that he was indeed leaving. Soar grapes for mine!!!

Any how I trust in our club and the people that work with Foran to keep him focused and happy. By all accounts Foran seems to be ticking all the right boxes and expressing a great attitude since his arrival in B town, that's all that matters. After all even Foran understands that this is pretty much his last chance to resurrect his football career.
We will see.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cmon bro. I'd be "disagreeable" to if I was forced to play on one leg.

And you know what? Fuck the warriors. When we signed him they sounded like bitter losers and now this shit.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cmon bro. I'd be "disagreeable" to if I was forced to play on one leg.

And you know what? Fuck the warriors. When we signed him they sounded like bitter losers and now this shit.
He's basically going to be playing the rest of his career injured anyway...

I just don't trust this Foran signing at all, it's just hard to look at it in a positive light after hearing all the stuff i have from his time at Parra. I hope it works out because we really need it to, but until i see him on the field and training for an extended period of time then i will always have massive doubts.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's basically going to be playing the rest of his career injured anyway...

I just don't trust this Foran signing at all, it's just hard to look at it in a positive light after hearing all the stuff i have from his time at Parra. I hope it works out because we really need it to, but until i see him on the field and training for an extended period of time then i will always have massive doubts.
What was the stuff you heard from Parra?

Was it from a first hand source or was it the stuff reported by the media?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are putting a lot of provisos on Kieran Foran, regarding his fitness, general health, mental health etc.
But on his day, he is probably the best 5/8 in the game. He and Cleeland will click from their first game.
He will be a revelation for us.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can Foz find the fire?

Kieran Foran said all the right things when fronting the Sydney media last week during his first day as a Canterbury Bulldog.

He said he was keen and ready for the testing challenges that lie ahead.

To be fair, Foran looked fit and fresh.

But there are a few hidden concerns.

A couple of Foran’s friends say their mate has lost some hunger for rugby league.

Who could blame him?

Two years of physical and mental pain has worn down the Kiwi star.

His buddies fear Foran may never find that missing magic again.

Maybe a new club will rekindle Foran’s enthusiasm?

I’m not so sure.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...id-gyngell/1embs6ej85t2p1kbuhic45ka76/slide/1

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We just got the number 1 signing sorry to bust your party lads.

Welcome to parra Tony 'T-REX' Willams !!!!

Will be the buy of the season.
Is this meant to be a joke??

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score

let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.