Is Foran the #1 Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Importantly hes getting his body right ,i think he will have a great year and his direct running is what we need

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds is the biggest signing .. he will give them the biggest frusterations

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dean Pay for dogs will be the biggest change from 2017 performances.

Tedeseco will play his 8 games a season before his knee goes for the 400th time, which is why they've held onto Gordon.

Cronk will cause divide in playing group IF a senior player goes, but thanks to the wonders of drugs that issue and some sweeping should be resolved.

It's funny that people say drugs are bad... clearly the Roosters have found a positive with them (pun intended).

Reactions: DT

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
On another note, everyone has seen Tedeseco and Cronks best...

I still believe Foran has untapped potential from his manly days.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
On another note, everyone has seen Tedeseco and Cronks best...

I still believe Foran has untapped potential from his manly days.
Already seen Tedesco’s best? Really? He’s 24 years old and about the get into his prime his best is well and truely in front of him.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran signing is a key signing in many ways

It will be a sink or swim scenario

We bought him on reputation and early year form but was not really warranted for the money the way he ended.

2 keys thing to make it a no 1 signing!
1. Get his head and body right
2. Big off season

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
A question that can only be answered at the end of the season. For example Titans who were flying high sign Hayne for 1.2 mil and they go backwards, he gets the coach sacked and now wants to jump off the sinking ship he put a hole in compared to a Rona type signing who signs for a pittance and shines? Problem is with a Cronk signing or top marquee is that you pay for the player at top price (unless the NRL like you) and unless they win you a premiership than are they good value?? If Foran cuts sick than he could definitely be amongst the signings of the year..............

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best case scenario. Roosters lose Pearce. Cronk goes down with an acl first game. Roosters get another woody :p

Foran leads us to a top 4 in 2018 and hopefully pay can get us a premiership by 2019 by which time castles will reappear from nowhere claiming she was instrumental in the premiership by 2019 she just miscounted :p lol

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran signing is a key signing in many ways

It will be a sink or swim scenario

We bought him on reputation and early year form but was not really warranted for the money the way he ended.

2 keys thing to make it a no 1 signing!
1. Get his head and body right
2. Big off season
Definately number 2. Pay has to really get the team wanting to play for each other and Foran's the main one that needs to buy in. He can't be captain but has to be a leader. Time will tell if he's the best signing but he can play better than any half we've had for a long time.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The question of who the number one signing is is very subjective. I look at the Tigers and see a club that have talent, but who can tend to give up when they're nehind on the scoreboard and think that a player like Reynolds might teach them that it's not over till the siren. At the same time they've also wanted some good forwards so Matulino might wind up being their best.

For us I look at a few things our side has lacked. Our halves ahven't looked great for a while, but before we let Ennis go our forwards were world beaters and won us games. For us we still need creativity from the halves to convert field position into points or repeat sets regularly. But in my opinion we could also improve drastically by having someone at 9 that can time their passes well and who can pick good options for that first pass. I'm yet to be convinced that Lichaa has it. I hope he can improve, but if he doesn't I hoe that Brown or Woolford can step up. We've won games before through field position and pressure and typically that has been the strength of the club. Foran is more likely to be rated by many as the best signing for us, but I'll be equally as happy if we get a hooker who can help get the side rolling after each tackle.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lots of big signings and marquee movement and shuffling in the NRL atm, mainly by top 8 teams. Is it fair to think that Foran is the pick of all the signings? Ignoring that we had to let talent go to land him. Roosters signing Tedesco is probably the Best ‘net’ gain by any club but is Foran the bet player to move clubs ?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Seriously you must be on flakka?

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cronk and Tedesco are the big signing of the year. Whats even bigger tho is they both went to the same team.

Next would be Moylan and Malony swap.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cronk and Tedesco are the big signing of the year. Whats even bigger tho is they both went to the same team.

Next would be Moylan and Malony swap.
The biggest signing is all those blank cheques with Politis signature on them being handed around.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that des has gone and positive vibes from the club I believe Foran will kill it next year

Reactions: DT

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Best signing for me would be Pay!!! With NO more DesBall (Hasler) and a new coach moving forward we have a bit of that unknown factor about us going into the 2018 season. Just being able to dream and to get excited about our team going into a new season shows how much Pay's signing already means to our club, team and us fans. This pre season could have easily been all doom and gloom with the number of top line players we let go but with Pays inclusion and the feeling of getting back to our roots ( the club making positive changes, moving in the right direction ) I am positively charged up with anticipation with what this 2018 season might bring!!! Anyone for a doggies premiership???? :grinning: It's time to get back to basics, It's time for the Bulldogs DNA to shine through, it's time to get back to our Dogs of war mentality, it's time to make every team in this god damn competition to fear us. We Lost the intimidation factor under Hasler it's time to get it back through Pay!!!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that des has gone and positive vibes from the club I believe Foran will kill it next year
If he gets or has his mind frame in the right direction and is happy in himself and footy i reckon he will flurish and take this opportunity to prove the doubters wrong.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he gets or has his mind frame in the right direction and is happy in himself and footy i reckon he will flurish and take this opportunity to prove the doubters wrong.
The biggest problem with Foran is not his mental health, its his body.

His hamstrings are gone, his shoulder is fucked and his knees are getting shot to shit.

Best thing for us is him not playing the world cup, but lets see how he holds up in the first few games next year.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tedesco, Cronk, and share those drugs your smoking
Take it easy champ, dont think the question is that outrageous. Not everyone shares your view on Tedesco and Cronk is oretty old.....

Status
Not open for further replies.