Is Foran Bad for the Bulldogs Rebuild?

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran was never an organizer, nor a general. He never had a kicking game nor a passing game.

He would hit the line, draw a player and put his outsider man through a hole.

The most outrageous comments are the ones who say, even if he is injured he is worth a mill "to teach and guide" the young ones. What utter bullshit and a lack of knowledge.
Just thought I'd chime in here.

Before we signed Foran there was a few articles floating around from his time in the Warriors. It was specifically mentioned that he was helping their younger players/rookies go over tape/film sessions after hours in his own time.

We all know the story of Kieren's body not holding up, but if he can somehow manage to stay on the field for the majority of this season I have no issue with him in our side.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran is bad news, if Hasler wants him back at Manly then send him packing.
OK I give up, why exactly is Foran bad news?
I see it as a win win situation, he is either good (as in fit and plays well) or he's gone (and frees up salary cap). Where's the downside?

Go Dogs

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Floporan is done, finished. Hasn't played good footy since his Manly days which was 6 years ago.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Floporan is done, finished. Hasn't played good footy since his Manly days which was 6 years ago.
So what? If you are right then he gets medically retired, removed from our salary cap and we get to spend the money on someone else. But if he isn't medically retired (as in we just flick him) then he gets included in the salary cap and we can't fit in a replacement. Even if we could offload him to another team (unlikely) then we would still have to pay part of his salary under our cap. If he successfully sues us for early contract termination we would have to pay him out of his full contract, which also comes under the salary cap, for the next 2 years.

Is what you are suggesting that we just call him in and sack him, on the spot? There's no upside in that, we lose every which way. Better to let him try and recover, if he does then we win, if he doesn't then we still win.

FWIW you maybe need to check your maths, he played in the 2015 Anzac Day test for the Kiwis, which BTW they won with his input. My maths tells me that that wasn't 6 years ago, closer to 3.

Go Dogs

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he will be good with the improved personnel next year but that’s just me

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah get out. Foran will be a big surprise this year. I thought he actually did well at the beginning of the year. He ran hard and looked to make line breaks. He had that intensity. I think he played injured for a few rounds. Cos His intensity dropped. A Foran lewis combo will work.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think someone like cronk is so overrated. The roosters did not win it this year because of him. They won it becuase of players like ferguson, latrell, manu and keary. Foran is way better than cronk imo. If not he has the same effect on the team as cronk. Is a leader. Knows how to talk a team around. Foran will be alright this year. It is up to reimis, holland, lachie to provide that x

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Foran was never an organizer, nor a general. He never had a kicking game nor a passing game.

He would hit the line, draw a player and put his outsider man through a hole.

The most outrageous comments are the ones who say, even if he is injured he is worth a mill "to teach and guide" the young ones. What utter bullshit and a lack of knowledge.

Uncle Nick hit the nail on the head last year by recruiting Cronk & Andrew Johns as the halves coach. That is what you call a man with brains and a knowledge of the game, along with financial pulling smarts and crunching numbers on a calculator and brown bags

Our rebuild will start once Foran is off the books and the cap money is used to better effect.

A step in the right direction is by having Kimmorley as the halves coach, and i am pretty sure he is on board for 2019.

Our only hope is that the flog Desmond Hasler still has a hard on for foran and hopefully takes him to Manly "to bring the best out of him"
Fkn lol, some dud starts with insulting anyone who doesn't agree then expects us to read his dribble....

Puts players in holes but has no passing game and organisation, fkn lol Now we know who Bennett and Bellamy calls for help.

Let's give a fit Foran a shot before shit talking. Hopefully he shuts you up.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If I want mentoring I will hire a retired footballer that is not part of the cap. The fact is that Foran hasn't delivered for 5 years now and he has known issues with his body that cannot be repaired. He is a massive burden on our salary cap and quite frankly the best option is to medically retire the bloke. He has also lost his speed so he is no threat at the line and he cant defend. Is "mentoring" wprth the 1.4 million he is on?
Don't know about others, but I suggested mentoring Prince as we are stuck with him so might as well try to get our money's worth.