Is Foran Bad for the Bulldogs Rebuild?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just hope his body lasts all season if so i think him and lewis will make a very good halves pairing

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Holland will be in the centres to continue the partnership combo with Smith. It’s a must. It’s all we have.
I was hoping Harper and Hoppa in the centres for next year. I watched him today for junior kiwis, kid has lots of potential. Pay needs to give this kid an opportunity next year at some time

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping Harper and Hoppa in the centres for next year. I watched him today for junior kiwis, kid has lots of potential. Pay needs to give this kid an opportunity next year at some time
I watched the first half, and from what I saw he didn’t get involved at all. Did he pick up in the second half?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK is a decent # 14. Can cover a few positions. Thats his limit

Him and Cogger might fight for that position next year if Foran stays fit. Thats a big "if" though. He had a full pre season last year as well and got around like a 80 year grandma for half the year before breaking down. Not sure what miracles they will perform this off season to make sure it doesnt happpen again. Hopefully Tony Ayoub will bring in some fresh ideas on how to get at least $250k value out of our $1 million signing
JMK is learning a whole new trade now at Hooker. I believe he will be refining his skills and establishing himself as a Hooker in ISP until he’s ready to take over from Lichaa permanently in mid- late 2019 or 2020.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran will be perfect to help:
- Develop the young halves, Lewis and Coggar.
- Evevate us up the table, if fit.

Nonsemce article, Foran to lock!

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran was never an organizer, nor a general. He never had a kicking game nor a passing game.

He would hit the line, draw a player and put his outsider man through a hole.

The most outrageous comments are the ones who say, even if he is injured he is worth a mill "to teach and guide" the young ones. What utter bullshit and a lack of knowledge.

Uncle Nick hit the nail on the head last year by recruiting Cronk & Andrew Johns as the halves coach. That is what you call a man with brains and a knowledge of the game, along with financial pulling smarts and crunching numbers on a calculator and brown bags

Our rebuild will start once Foran is off the books and the cap money is used to better effect.

A step in the right direction is by having Kimmorley as the halves coach, and i am pretty sure he is on board for 2019.

Our only hope is that the flog Desmond Hasler still has a hard on for foran and hopefully takes him to Manly "to bring the best out of him"

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watched the first half, and from what I saw he didn’t get involved at all. Did he pick up in the second half?
I thought he was disappointing. He didnt get involved like he should. If he is to make FG it probably should be as a winger, so he can get the feel of FG.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
kimmorley was unbelievable in 2009 and we were close that year but he just left a hole to fill after it was over

this was supposed to be a situation like that but foran isnt that good anyway so its not going to have the same problem

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I want mentoring I will hire a retired footballer that is not part of the cap. The fact is that Foran hasn't delivered for 5 years now and he has known issues with his body that cannot be repaired. He is a massive burden on our salary cap and quite frankly the best option is to medically retire the bloke. He has also lost his speed so he is no threat at the line and he cant defend. Is "mentoring" wprth the 1.4 million he is on?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I want mentoring I will hire a retired footballer that is not part of the cap. The fact is that Foran hasn't delivered for 5 years now and he has known issues with his body that cannot be repaired. He is a massive burden on our salary cap and quite frankly the best option is to medically retire the bloke. He has also lost his speed so he is no threat at the line and he cant defend. Is "mentoring" wprth the 1.4 million he is on?
Yeah let’s juat medically retire him... easy as piss ay, it just works like that

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran and Hopoate should move the Dessie at Manly but unfortunately they don't have cap space. Well Dessie has never worried about that. Contract them on the never never. Because they are never ever going to be much value to the dogs.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Foran was unsigned at the present time, and our club badly need a playmaker, how much should our club offer him, knowing what we know about him now.
Thoughts:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Foran was unsigned at the present time, and our club badly need a playmaker, how much should our club offer him, knowing what we know about him now.
Thoughts:
$450k

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran got married on Saturday. He's 28 and he married a 49yo mother of 6 after 'dating' for a year. My opinion - he is still having mental issues.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran got married on Saturday. He's 28 and he married a 49yo mother of 6 after 'dating' for a year. My opinion - he is still having mental issues.
Hahahahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha, she's 39 but still a big gap.