Is Foran Bad for the Bulldogs Rebuild?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK is a decent # 14. Can cover a few positions. Thats his limit

Him and Cogger might fight for that position next year if Foran stays fit. Thats a big "if" though. He had a full pre season last year as well and got around like a 80 year grandma for half the year before breaking down. Not sure what miracles they will perform this off season to make sure it doesnt happpen again. Hopefully Tony Ayoub will bring in some fresh ideas on how to get at least $250k value out of our $1 million signing

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS , I stopped reading after that point, but I did get a glimpse of Foran @ 13 just before I closed the article and had another chuckle at the incompetence of this journo..

We will struggle to find places for our existing Backrowers ...
Bahah I didn't even read the article to that point.

Already have enough (if not too many) quality backrowers? Why not throw a busted half in at lock. What a shocker.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No matter what I support the Players in my team. You are all talking like you are paying FORANS salary from your pockets. Good Luck to him. If he earns $100000 or $900000 I dont care... I am sure if you can get a payrise at your work place regardless if people think you deserve it or not then I say well done.
I Believe in Foran. I THINK his time OFF would be good for his body and if the players around him Play well especially our forward pack which I think will be the best forward packs in the comp in 2019
Our back line has lost the Morris twins but really they didnt do much for us in last few years. We will have a backline with youth and speed. Forans experience will be worth more than a Million dollars.
MARK My words we will win the premiership next year. You might say i am delusional but I don't care.

We need to motivate our players to succeed. The players need to feel that we believe in them.
If FORAN reads what alot of you write about him then how is that going to help?
All I read is negativity and criticism. 99% Of you couldnt even coach an under 12 Team.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Before you bother reading the first link, you must understand that this same bloke in 2014 wrote an article "Is Des Hasler the best coach in the NRL" which ended in he following line "If he guides the Dogs to victory this weekend it may be time to talk about Des Hasler as not the best coach in his time, but one of the greatest of all time."

and henceforth the writer has ZERO credibility, nor Rugby League knowledge, and should not even bother.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No matter what I support the Players in my team. You are all talking like you are paying FORANS salary from your pockets. Good Luck to him. If he earns $100000 or $900000 I dont care... I am sure if you can get a payrise at your work place regardless if people think you deserve it or not then I say well done.
I Believe in Foran. I THINK his time OFF would be good for his body and if the players around him Play well especially our forward pack which I think will be the best forward packs in the comp in 2019
Our back line has lost the Morris twins but really they didnt do much for us in last few years. We will have a backline with youth and speed. Forans experience will be worth more than a Million dollars.
MARK My words we will win the premiership next year. You might say i am delusional but I don't care.

We need to motivate our players to succeed. The players need to feel that we believe in them.
All I read is negativity and criticism. 99% Of you couldnt even coach an under 12 Team.
Mate I like your optimism, but for me whatever Foran is paid is it $900,000 or $1,000,000 its wasted money, it reduces our cap by exactly that amount.
I don't know the rule regarding the TPA's, but if it is what I heard, that a club's players, can all earn up to $200,000 in TPA's, then their is a good chance that the Rotters could have all 30 players on $200,000 worth of TPA's. this would give them a affective cap of $9.4 mill plus $6 Mill in TPA's, TOTAL could be close to $15.4 Mill.
Our club would be on $9.4 Mill plus very few if any TPA's, minus Forans salary, and also minus Woods and Mbye's freight TOTAL probably not much more than $8 M.
P.S. don't mind been corrected.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bad? I don’t think so.

Needed? Not at all...!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NSW Cup 2019
1. Nick Meaney
2. Mason Cerrutto
3. Morgan Harper
4. John Olive
5. Christian Crichton
6. Nu Brown
7. Jack Cogger

9. Jeremy Marshall-King

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
a lot depends on 2019 season. Foran will either be a great comeback story and great for us, or retired and great for our cap imo. Win-win.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NSW Cup 2019
1. Nick Meaney
2. Mason Cerrutto
3. Morgan Harper
4. John Olive
5. Christian Crichton
6. Nu Brown
7. Jack Cogger
8. Tualau
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Fualau
11. Okenbour
12. Toomaga
13. C. Smith
14. Burr
15. Garlick
16. Anderson
17. Wakeham

Gun ISP team. 2019 premiers for sure

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your delusional but I hope your right

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoping for Foran to turn it around is like waiting for 2005 Benji...it will never happen.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My response is Foran good for our club?
No

He is trying to playing like he body is young rather adjusted -ie terry lamb , bento masrshal and even cooper Cronk

We need leadership and ha is trying to lead by taking his body to the line to get bashed!

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It will be interesting with Des back at Manly he may want Foran back there at Manly.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI - JMK is on record for saying the halves experiment is OVER. He has been told he will train exclusively as a HOOKER from next pre-season.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
FYI - JMK is on record for saying the halves experiment is OVER. He has been told he will train exclusively as a HOOKER from next pre-season.

Does that mean having Holland on the bench is over too??

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe there was too much pressure on him and he was trying too hard coming off losses, he might go ok in a new look side after a couple of wins.
Should still have something to offer.