News Is Exiled Halfback Actually The Answer To Barrett’s Problems? (Taken from facebook)

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He seems to be on the nose at Belmore, but could Kyle Flanagan do any more to demand another shot?
Opportunities under Trent Barrett have proven tough to come by for Kyle Flanagan, but while the out-of-favour halfback is biding his time waiting for a shot in first grade, he's certainly putting in some big performances in the NSW Cup.
Flanagan was again a standout for the Bulldogs reserves - who remain undefeated with a comeback win over Mounties on Saturday - the No. 7 scoring a try, while having a hand in several others and running for 135 metres in a complete playmaker's display. His kicking was also on point, nailing 5/6 conversions to help solidify the 10-point win.
It seems Barrett is no closer to landing on a halves partner for Matt Burton with the Bulldogs' attack still a big problem, so Flanagan could be knocking on the door for selection with his performance over the weekend.
Standing undefeated & nicely on top of the ladder, with Averillo and Wakeham in and out of first grade, Kyle has remained to consistent man in the halves for the Bulldogs.

Kyle’s Stats After 4 weeks In Reserve Grade:
Tries: 1
Try Assists: 6
Line Break Assists: 7
Conversions: 19/23 (83%)
Tackles: 73 (93%)
Forced Drop Outs: 3
May be an image of 1 person

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
May as well , need to see something different! Never thought I’d say that though ..!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis 2.0. People see this mirage of fools gold and keep insisting he just needs one more chance.. Baz will probably pick him. But I wouldn't expect any difference from how he played last year.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis 2.0. People see this mirage of fools gold and keep insisting he just needs one more chance.. Baz will probably pick him. But I wouldn't expect any difference from how he played last year.
Lol Lachlan Was our best half last year what he did in one game is what flano did the whole season

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ll give him this, he played behind a very ordinary pack of forwards last year, that didn’t help him at all…. TB has to give him the opportunity to see what he can do behind a decent pack - will put all the doubters at rest either way.

No Better game to prove yourself against the reining Premiers.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont give a fcuk who plays, if he cant straighten the attack and have his players hitting holes he will also fail miserably.

This team has no coach and it has no leader.

Last edited:

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think people have forgotten just how bad Kyle was last season. He played like a poor man’s Jack Cogger
He was behind a forward pack of marshmallows who’d get pumped week in and week out. Hard for any halfback to get a head of steam. Not making excuses but for $450,000 let’s see with a strong pack what we have here. It wouldn’t hurt us at all.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to change coach.

Baz has absolutely no fucking clue

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Baz is really made to look silly now because he's got no idea who's going to play halfback and he had the whole of last season and the off season to think it through. It's quite clear that Burton needs an experience half like Maloney,etc to guide him not some fellow rookie like Avo,etc...

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was a total dud last year but he's the only one that hasn't had a go with Burton yet. How much worse can it possibly get lol

Reactions: 88