Is Barrett the coach to get us a Premiership?

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
When you are already guaranteed that money no matter what you do. They take their position as NRL players for granted & they will soon find themselves earning far less & wonder how it happened. A good example is Napa, currently earning a reported $650k. He is in for a rude shock next year if no-one picks him up (& he doesn't deserve a spot either). What is he qualified to do after footy? A labourer? Labourers have more brains than Napa as do the bricks!
i’m talking about the coach not the players.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sleepy, who is the half back & hooker we are going to sign for 2022? We won't be going far without at least a 7. We can make do temporarily with JMK at hooker but he needs to play better than yesterday.
I agree with a number 7 and 9, we could get more of the same. If we do go without, I think Baa is on borrowed time. I 100% hope I’m wrong and we climb the table with wins.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They don't look like a very motivated group.
Just gotta challenge you on that one Wendy, seriously did you not see the "motivation" when we came back in the second half last weekend?
I wish I was at the game because I bet I could feel it when they walked out at half time.

There was plenty of motivation, until the ref killed it.

Always a Bulldog

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys there is a few of you who want Trent Barrett to be sacked. The big question is who could come in and replace him? I would put this out there -‘Brad Fittler’, he said if he could have his time again as a full time coach he would do things so differently - hemnow knows a thing or too after coach Orgin. Before you get angry about who I think, who else is out there - not much to choose from.’We don’t want anyone too old either, like a Wayne Bennett, Craig Bellamy type. They are going to have to be around for a long while to fix this mess. Maybe Tim Sheens. We need experience but not someone who is looking to wind down in the future. If it was 12 months ago, I would’ve said Craig Fitzgibbon but he got snapped up by the Sharks. I think we need a coach who’s tough but fair. I think Baz is too nice a guy to put a rocket up players when it’s needed. I don’t remember many successful coaches who were really chummy with the players when the chips were down.
Despite all the shit he cops, I think he is the coach to get us a premiership.

I just laugh at anyone on the kennel who puts shit on our coaches

Been going on since the kennel began and will go on forever.

As the great Steve Folkes once called them niff nuffs.
He was so right.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate he hasn’t won anything as a coach yet. We will all see how it goes. I hope he succeeds

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Judge him rd 10 next year. Dont even waste your time and energy thinking bout it now. Our squad is a joke at the moment. Our spine wouldnt start for any other team. Gus will do what's needed in the end.
I'm happy to judge him round 10 2024

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just gotta challenge you on that one Wendy, seriously did you not see the "motivation" when we came back in the second half last weekend?
I wish I was at the game because I bet I could feel it when they walked out at half time.

There was plenty of motivation, until the ref killed it.

Always a Bulldog
Agreed. We actually put in a lot more than most teams. And to be fair to Pay the players put in for him as well.

We just don’t have the cattle.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
forget about premierships for the time being, next season is do or die for Barrett, with new recruits, new front office, and somewhat of a cleanout, there will be nowhere for Barrett to hide if the team cant be far more competitive than it is now

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
forget about premierships for the time being, next season is do or die for Barrett, with new recruits, new front office, and somewhat of a cleanout, there will be nowhere for Barrett to hide if the team cant be far more competitive than it is now
I agree, no excuses next year. He will have plenty of talent to coach and get results next year.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
if baz got sacked tomorrow, theree is one clear option for me and thats shane flanagan. perfect coach for us, look what he did to drag up cronulla from spoon to premiership in 3 years
but its a futile answer because shane wot last long, by end of season he will have a job in te nrl and baz wont get sacked before next year.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's see how Baz goes next year. If you have ever coached, you will know that it's hard to coach a bunch of dumb ***** or ***** that are there only for a pay packet. Most of these useless ***** will be hopefully gone and then we can judge him.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am no fan of baz, but the crystal ball says with new players and Gould the team will go much better next year maybe 8 to 12 on ladder.
Anything less is a failure pure and simple.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Hard to have a positive attitude with this bunch of bozos, but some of it is on him for not motivating them.
again, how do you not have a positive attitude reaping hundreds of thousands a year? and of course it’s on him

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I am no fan of baz, but the crystal ball says with new players and Gould the team will go much better next year maybe 8 to 12 on ladder.
Anything less is a failure pure and simple.
better, but dont expect much better as our team composition is odd.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
again, how do you not have a positive attitude reaping hundreds of thousands a year? and of course it’s on him
Because they take it for granted. The younger people (not all mind you) have a different attitude. They feel entitled to everything. They have been given everything in their life & expect it to continue without having to earn it. Basic psychology!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Because they take it for granted. The younger people (not all mind you) have a different attitude. They feel entitled to everything. They have been given everything in their life & expect it to continue without having to earn it. Basic psychology!
Market forces.
If it goes wrong someone will give them a contract elsewhere if it goes belly up
The exception is somethifn liek the Vaughan back ended situation. He really made a mess of that

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did anyone watch 100% footy last night? TB interviewed by the panel and was asked how is your new general manager going? He replied Gus yeh pretty good we haven’t had a blu yet! And then Gus jumped in and said It’s coming don’t worry... they both laughed but Barrett face goes red! Lol