Is Barrett the coach to get us a Premiership?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys there is a few of you who want Trent Barrett to be sacked. The big question is who could come in and replace him? I would put this out there -‘Brad Fittler’, he said if he could have his time again as a full time coach he would do things so differently - hemnow knows a thing or too after coach Orgin. Before you get angry about who I think, who else is out there - not much to choose from.’We don’t want anyone too old either, like a Wayne Bennett, Craig Bellamy type. They are going to have to be around for a long while to fix this mess. Maybe Tim Sheens. We need experience but not someone who is looking to wind down in the future. If it was 12 months ago, I would’ve said Craig Fitzgibbon but he got snapped up by the Sharks. I think we need a coach who’s tough but fair. I think Baz is too nice a guy to put a rocket up players when it’s needed. I don’t remember many successful coaches who were really chummy with the players when the chips were down.
Is Barrett the coach who can get us up to 15th ? Probably not

Last edited:

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz will be gone mid season if things continue the way they are and shane Flanagan is definitely not a certainty to be the new coach from what I've heard.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the person who really runs things in the background at Panthers, not Baz as he was previously claimed to be the attacking coach. I’ve seen Ciraldo on YouTube, he appears a football brain. This is the guy I hope that the Bulldogs approach to be our future head coach. There isn’t many options out there either to replace Baz.
DF64F4E6-6499-41B8-A139-9CCCC4CFBADD.jpeg

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett will never coach a Premiership winning side. in his time at the Dogs he has steered the team downward to the foot of the ladder - last year and so far again this year. All downhill despite the club giving him a better squad to coach Than his predecessor.