Is Barrett our greatest ever coach in the NRL era?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think this has been the problem...

All hype and no action.

Hype around the wrong things. His coaching record is ordinary to say the least.

So why is he hyped up? Answer that question and you will find the answer as to whether he is our best coach.

And, no he is a long way from being in the same breath as previous coaches that we’ve had. Des included.
He seems to be well liked from players. Except Hastings.
Beyond that I cannot see any indication he is anything special as a coach

6 months ago everyome Was like ‘Barrett has the blank chequebook to build his team’ and now that’s shifted to ‘still suffering from Dean Pay’.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He seems to be well liked from players. Except Hastings.
Beyond that I cannot see any indication he is anything special as a coach

6 months ago everyome Was like ‘Barrett has the blank chequebook to build his team’ and now that’s shifted to ‘still suffering from Dean Pay’.
Trouble is, there was no indication that he could coach BEFORE he was signed.

But the tremendous PR campaigned that shadowed his eventual signing was so good that people forgot about his inadequacies or lack of credibility as a head coach.

For Barrett, Manly ended in a train wreck. I thought he was done as a coach. Did he deserve a second chance, maybe. Should it have been at the dogs, hell no.

This guy should be plying his trade in the UK before he got another look in here.

But stranger things have happened. Jason Taylor got another go, so did Steve Kearney. Even Nathan Brown has managed a third shot.

On the other hand, all of the above have ended up hit and miss. A continued train wreck to be precise.

I can only see Barrett going the same way.