Is Aiden Tolman a club legend?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aiden Tolman = Steve Reardon.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's one of the most divisive players as far as the Kennel is concerned!
Obviously no superstar, but I've never questioned his commitment - often playing 80min over the years.
He's been reliable, particularly in defence and with the upheaval over the last couple of years good to have around for the younger fellas coming through.
Nearing the end and although I definitely appreciate his service and commitment, it's hard to describe him as a legend - more a good solid club man.
Aiden Tolman is an absolute weapon in regards to consistency and reliability though sadly he shouldn't be anything more than a benchy in a quality side.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He’s a legend in the sense of all the tough stuff he’s done for us for so long. The dirty work others players prefer not to do

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman is a great clubman !
Legends are great players !!!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s a legend of taking a hit up on the 4th tackle when we are in attacking field position

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh FFS. Have a word the lot of you.

How our standards have dropped to be bigging up Tolman as a club legend. He's done alright but Jesus. A club legend that's won what?
You kind of just answered your own question. Yes, our standards have dropped drastically and we haven't won squat since the minor premiership in 2012 so there for, why not make Mr 4th hit up merchant a so-called "club legend"

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s a legend in the sense of all the tough stuff he’s done for us for so long. The dirty work others players prefer not to do

100%... There is a noticeable difference when he is not out there... and I'm not referring to fourth tackle hit ups lol

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he's a legend and a marquee player in our current squad :worried:

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No but reduce the interchange and his stocks would rise

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Credit to him he's done well. However he isn't anywhere near the people on that list
Agree,not on same level but fair dinkum,this guy gives our club 110%,every week,averages over 40 tackles every game,over 150 metres,and most of all is a team player.he's had opportunities to go elsewhere but stayed put,Cronulla chased him hard a couple of years ago,and stayed loyal to us.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played a good support role when we had a few other forwards who could hit hard and create attack. The same role doesn't work anymore. He will be remembered well for a high workrate and 200+ games but not a club legend IMO.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the frustration on his 4th tackle settlers and it's warranted. That's more of following an instruction.
The thing I like about this guy he's always in the game. Most times there's an opportunistic break, he somehow is always there to take a pass and keep the movement alive. Sure I get frustrated that another player wasn't there. There's better talent in the team that need to see what he does and how he does it and learn. One of the first also to tidy up in broken play when defending. Basically he's a reliable player that does the 1% plays well.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get the frustration on his 4th tackle settlers and it's warranted. That's more of following an instruction.
The thing I like about this guy he's always in the game. Most times there's an opportunistic break, he somehow is always there to take a pass and keep the movement alive. Sure I get frustrated that another player wasn't there. There's better talent in the team that need to see what he does and how he does it and learn. One of the first also to tidy up in broken play when defending. Basically he's a reliable player that does the 1% plays well.
Have to agree with this, been appreciating his ability to read the play over the many years he has worn blue and white. The number of times he has popped up at the right spot at the right time is uncanny.

Banned
Reaction score
Have to agree with this, been appreciating his ability to read the play over the many years he has worn blue and white. The number of times he has popped up at the right spot at the right time is uncanny.
Maybe he should be our 9 then?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more... And I thought he worked his ass off more than ever this year when things weren't going well.. feel like the younger guys were able to keep their heads up to have that run at the end of the season due to having a strong leadership group around them, which will also give them confidence going into next season

Last edited: