News Is a 33-year-old journeyman with a bung knee the answer to the Bulldog’s problems?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Al those talking up Foran haven't been watching the games, he is playing to save himself, he is busted he is not a game manager, he knows that he is busted, and he knows that our club is desperate, and is using that fact to screw more easy money from our club.. I'll bet anyone that he wont get a decent $3K-$4 K contract at another club for anymore than one year.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the club or Barret made a decision I was happy with. At this stage I would rather take a punt on Green even though he wont be available until May 2021, than Foran who if he has a proper dig will spend most of 2021 injured. Also Green is game manager which is what we badly need.
I have a lot of faith in Barrett's ability to get the best out of our halves, would be great if we sign a top half, if not I hope the club can resign Cogger he has not been given a fair go, otherwise Barret will have to work with Lewis, Wakeham Averillo and Cogger if he is re signed, BBO will need time.
Foran has mental demons at the moment. He's relying on staying healthy to earn his next contract and is tentative as a result. Still has moments of brilliance. But leaves the field if he cops any slight amount of pain. He barely kicks a ball either. He verbally backs himself for a further few years of football, but in the back of his mind I'm sure there's some realisation that a season ending injury now might scare off any potential suitors. Another one year deal would mean he'd play cautiously again next year.

The jury that is this forum all have their own opinion on Cogger. I personally think he's the most rounded half at the club right now. It'll be a pity if we don't extend his contract. I think our attack has been better when he's playing.

Lewis hasn't been outstanding in anything but clearing kicks. We all know he can make a good tackle. But in my opinion he's hoped to impress with this on occasions by rushing out of the line and good opposition coaches have identified that it creates gaps.

I haven't seen Green play recently. So I'm not a great judge of his attributes. But having read some articles recently leads me to believe that his kicking options are good. If he's able to return from injury still kicking well it'll mean that there's less predictability in our last tackle options. Might mean that his halves partner gets a little breathing room.

Ideally we'd have been able to sign a great young half for the season to come. But I really think that of all those off contract now, Cogger is probably the best or close to the best option left unsigned.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't see a lot of people rating wakeham "highly" .. I do see a lot of people rating Lewis poorly and desperate for another alternative (and rightly so).. I don't think wakeham has been managed very well at all. Whether he can do better when managed better, remains to be seen..
I was referring to the article where they described him as 'brilliant'

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Al those talking up Foran haven't been watching the games, he is playing to save himself, he is busted he is not a game manager, he knows that he is busted, and he knows that our club is desperate, and is using that fact to screw more easy money from our club.. I'll bet anyone that he wont get a decent $3K-$4 K contract at another club for anymore than one year.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the club or Barret made a decision I was happy with. At this stage I would rather take a punt on Green even though he wont be available until May 2021, than Foran who if he has a proper dig will spend most of 2021 injured. Also Green is game manager which is what we badly need.
I have a lot of faith in Barrett's ability to get the best out of our halves, would be great if we sign a top half, if not I hope the club can resign Cogger he has not been given a fair go, otherwise Barret will have to work with Lewis, Wakeham Averillo and Cogger if he is re signed, BBO will need time.
Foran is not a game manager, correct.

He's a sensational and instinctive running 5/8. He would be a good 1/2 year signing.

Not signin a played for 400k because 'He's not a game manager' is as logical as saying not to sign David Fifita, for the same reason.

We have our game manager now, his names Blake Green. Wog life!

Let's partner him with Foran and let them bounce off each other.

One can suck the left nipple, whilst the other one licks the right!

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But again, no-one foresaw the terrible season we’ve had - so what if Pay were locked in and here we are today, last - and had him for another say two years minimum. Let’s say he started building his 2021 squad. No-one will ever know the calibre of talent he could’ve attracted with a decent cap. So we’re last - sure, you sack the coach and cost the club a fortune as we’ve seen at the Steelers and Ponies. Then another coach comes in and wants to build his own squad and you end up in a mess like the Tigers. I personally think what has unfolded is a shorter path to a stronger squad, even though that squad won’t contest for the premiership next year, I’d suggest by 2022/23 we’ll be able to...
blind freddy could see we weren't improving under pay. for those who could not see this coming were either board loyalists or incompetent... We had the opportunity to pick up a former employee in Holbrook when when Hill decided to have a spot of tea... but also the reign of incompetence continues...

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We should never have signed green and shouldn’t resign Foran if there looking at 2022 then we should just stick to what we have For 2021 and save the money for other players

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
3 years of planning and this is the best the board come up with?
To me it was always 2021, but there's no way I'm moving the goal posts to 2022. I don't buy no talent being available because we should of been active in the transfer market (actually signing players) when last November hit. We're now relying on players breaking contract which was always a risky move and not guaranteed.
That's why they fucked up by not signing Holbrook last season or firing Pay halfway through last year... Now we're a further year behind in recruitment and development. So many poor decisions have been made over the past three seasons that have led to this situation.
Up until now...
The management & the board have failed to live up to their promises to rebuild the team for 2021
They were quick to dismantle the team in order to get rid of the back ended payments,
Surely they knew that November 2019 was the magic time to be ready and sign the needed players,
We missed that boat then, and now we are sailing up ( shit ) creek trying to fill the void positions making desperate decisions along the way.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Are you calling me dumb :grinning:-
Lol no :grinning:

Totto said
"Why would you sign a bloke for one year and think he is going to fix our problems lol , dumb article".
Bowleggedwog said:
"100% correct".

Wendog said:
"Its not the article that's dumb tho".

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Our 2021 coach, whoever it was, should of been sorted before November last year.
In some way it was.
Pay was flying high. Was smoking Cubans and in penthouse apartments and considered one of the best given our late season run.
All changed this season when we cousins keep it up. The rules changed so grinding was out

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Lol no :grinning:

Totto said

Bowleggedwog said:
"100% correct".

Wendog said:
"Its not the article that's dumb tho".
All good. I was going to say your very smart, it normally takes a sentence for be to be called dumb and you don't it in 2 words lol.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
blind freddy could see we weren't improving under pay. for those who could not see this coming were either board loyalists or incompetent... We had the opportunity to pick up a former employee in Holbrook when when Hill decided to have a spot of tea... but also the reign of incompetence continues...
Speaking of visually challenged, suggest you stick to your calculator Godfather, given this lame attempt to hijack a discussion you were not part of to twist the context into something nonsensical :-).

Brady was talking about appointing a coach longer term last November - when Pay still had a year to run on his deal - no-one was going to sack him then.

Oh - and despite your attempts to call out @Natboy for a date with your egg on face posts - sorry, he’s taken. You lose again :-).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Speaking of visually challenged, suggest you stick to your calculator Godfather, given this lame attempt to hijack a discussion you were not part of to twist the context into something nonsensical :-).

Brady was talking about appointing a coach longer term last November - when Pay still had a year to run on his deal - no-one was going to sack him then.

Oh - and despite your attempts to call out @Natboy for a date with your egg on face posts - sorry, he’s taken. You lose again :-).
Haha. Remember the super coaches here also saying Georgalis was also the GOAT :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I still think the board should of made a decision on Pay before last November. Did Pay do enough in those two years? (imo, yes). If not we should of replaced Pay then. We also didn't sign a top coach to replace Pay. The roster has always been our biggest problem. We've now potentially wasted another year, 2021 (if we sign a top hooker and someone like Burton then it's a pass). I'm not fussed about a premiership, I conceded we won't be contesting for one until at least ~2024. I just want to be competitive to make the finals. Anyways, I believe you prepare two years in advance, not one. E.g. you're preparing your 2021 roster in 2019. You're really limiting yourself giving yourself <1 year window, in our case <6 months. As we now see there's little to no talent available and people are now using that as an excuse.
I think the whole point of Pay’s 1 year extension was to get closer to the end of the cap issues and then determine. It was reasonable at the time. I also think the C-19 shutdown contributed - no games to judge performance on, staff out on JobKeeper etc. That’s the REAL reason why a coach wasn’t appointed until July. I think it’s too early to judge 2021 - still 7 spots available and several of the existing squad will not be retained. As for planning 2 years in advance, of course, without cap constraints and with Barrett on a 3 year deal, expect that this coming November with a host of talent off contract for 2022 and money to spend (we currently only have 7 spots locked in for 2022). More importantly - don’t write off 2021 yet - my bet is even without a completed squad our attack will substantially improve and we’ll go OK.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

well done DD, you are the ultimate politician, knowing how to duck and weave by not answering the question. you do have a future in failed politics

you should hire Natboy as your brown nosing campaign manager. you will be swept into power with your hard hitting fence sitting non-committal responses

why dont take off your Lynne colored glasses for a while... they are definitely affecting your judgement and comedy.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
well done DD, you are the ultimate politician, knowing how to duck and weave by not answering the question. you do have a future in failed politics

you should hire Natboy as your brown nosing campaign manager. you will be swept into power with your hard hitting fence sitting non-committal responses

why dont take off your Lynne colored glasses for a while... they are definitely affecting your judgement and comedy.
Sorry for late reply - I slipped on the dribble of your last post. Speaking of comedy - perhaps you should finally accept what’s clear to many others - you just ain’t funny. Don’t feel too bad Godfather - most accountants aren’t :-).

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply - I slipped on the dribble of your last post. Speaking of comedy - perhaps you should finally accept what’s clear to many others - you just ain’t funny. Don’t feel too and Godfather - most accountants aren’t :-).
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

you should give up your day job and pursue a career in comedy, you should call yourself DingDong the sad clown...

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw a report in todays press that he may be offered an assistant coaching role down the track. Apparently Barrett used to ask his advice when they were both at Manly!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

you should give up your day job and pursue a career in comedy, you should call yourself DingDong the sad clown...
And the prosecution rests. Only you know why you open your mouth just to change feet. You were the one crapping on about not ‘accepting mediocrity’ yet have a look at your posts :-).

Back to footy discussion for me...

Last edited: