iPhone Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok iPhone guys, let's get this one solved.

I recently made the move from android to iOS... which is a little odd as people tend to be going the other way but... any who. Here's my problem.

I don't use data on my plan as I don't really like it. I prefer to keep the data usage to wifi. Yesterday at about 4:00pm I got an SMS AFTER I turned wifi data on, however the SMS itself was sent at 2:00pm. I did not change any settings on my plan. I replied to the guy who sent it to me but I wasn't charged as it was a data that was used instead of the vodafone SMS service. So... this brings up a little problem. As weird as it sounds, I would rather be charged to send an SMS via vodafone rather than wifi data, but I want the SMS texts to arrive as normal, not reliant on data and whenever I have the wifi turned on.

Anyone know what I'm supposed to do here? It could cause big problems for me as I'm not always in a wifi accessible area. Also I'm not sure if this affects how I receive phone calls... hopefully it doesn't.

Thanks in advance.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
go to settings -> mobile -> mobile data -> turn it off

go to wifi -> turn wifi on -> select your network -> connect.

$10 please. :D

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Settings > messages > turn iMessage off...

Why tf do you not use data? Mobile plans are built around data usage. A message is like 0oo1kb

Wahesh

Reaction score

Dude... you pretty much just explained to me the situation I'm already in and not solve the problem.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Settings > messages > turn iMessage off...

Why tf do you not use data? Mobile plans are built around data usage. A message is like 0oo1kb
THANK YOU SIR. That seems to have worked.

I don't really need to use data on the go. I pretty much just use it whenever I'm in a wifi area making it redundant. I mean on the train etc... I have my iPad and have data on that so I don't really need a 2nd data source for my phone. The only bummer is my iPad isn't a hotspot :unamused:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

This will be recorded for training and quality purpose

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
THANK YOU SIR. That seems to have worked.

I don't really need to use data on the go. I pretty much just use it whenever I'm in a wifi area making it redundant. I mean on the train etc... I have my iPad and have data on that so I don't really need a 2nd data source for my phone. The only bummer is my iPad isn't a hotspot :unamused:
Dude... you pretty much just explained to me the situation I'm already in and not solve the problem.
did I solve the problem or not?

Wahesh

Reaction score
did I solve the problem or not?
No. What you did is give me steps to get into the situation I was already in to begin with. I have my mobile data turned off and wifi turned on, on my phone. I already had that setting, you told me how to get there.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I know you do.
I meant mr I, bitching about iPhones.
Hmm apologies. At first it appeared that you were having a go at me for not getting something lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.