Inu leaves NRL fate in coach Hasler's hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/br...ate-in-coach-haslers-hand-20140504-37pth.html

Krisnan Inu say he's happy to keep battling away in the NSW Cup until he gives Canterbury coach Des Hasler no choice but to pick him in his NRL side.
The vastly-experienced Inu is yet to play first grade for the ladder-leading Bulldogs this season after breaking his jaw in their final trial match against Melbourne.But the 27-year-old centre left some pundits questioning why he'd been overlooked by Hasler after an inspiring performance in Samoa's win over Pacific rivals Fiji in Saturday's Four Nations qualifier.New Zealand-born Inu played one match for the Kiwis at last year's World Cup but is now committed to Samoa, where both his parents were born.He played a hand in a number of the side's five tries at Penrith's Sportingbet Stadium and nailed all five conversions plus a penalty to secure the 32-16 victory."It was definitely good to get my first game under my belt for Samoa, especially having my family here and everyone from church actually - a lot of supporters, a lot of friends and family," Inu said.On the club front, however, Inu admitted it hadn't been easy watching his team succeed from the lower grades but he remained philosophical."It's been tough," he said."I've come back from a broken jaw, so I've had to get a bit of fitness under my belt and play a few games."Obviously the (NRL) boys have been winning - I can't complain when they're winning."I just have to play my game and not worry too much what others think or say about me playing NSW Cup."I just have to prove to myself that I still had it in me to play and the boys around me have helped me."If I play good, then they've got no choice but to pick me."But in the end, it's up to the coach. If the boys are winning, like I said, it's only good for the club that the team's winning."

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He will be back in FG soon, as i thought all along, its not really been like Des has a hate on for Inu, Inu did have a serious injury in preseason trials and then got suspended when he was coming back from it, and was not quite there yet at that point. The Samoa match looks to have got him where he needs to be, and Des will have a hard time leaving him out now.

Belmorian

Waterboy
Reaction score
common Inu fire up! The team in my opinion always looks better with him in the side. I hope hes form excels in NSW cup, which will warrant a call up. I think come finals time we will need his expertise.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Inu's a great player but he has to cut out the suspensions!!! No doubt he will be back in the side soon enough but please mate, no more suspensions.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Inu's a great player but he has to cut out the suspensions!!! No doubt he will be back in the side soon enough but please mate, no more suspensions.
Thats a fair point too

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He only had the plate in his jaw removed last week and says it is still quite tender and is pretty sore following games. He'll be back.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully continue on with a lil bit of form then jump onto the left flank with jmoz inside of him. His aerial prowess is invaliable in tight games when we tend to resort to the cross kick at every chance.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone was quick to say Hodkinson was on the outter last year when he was playing NSW cup, but when the time was right he got promoted. Des will bring him in soon enough

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Inu's a great player but he has to cut out the suspensions!!! No doubt he will be
back in the side soon enough but please mate, no more suspensions.
I'm pretty sure inu had a great record and hasn't been suspended too many times in his career.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure inu had a great record and hasn't been suspended too many times in his career.
3 times in 2 years all for spear tackles, two last year were pretty lengthy which isn't great.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He will be back soon. Love that he wants to stay and battle for a spot rather than bail to another team to play first grade.

Great attitude.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lafai and Morris over Inu any day of the week.
I don't think anyone is considering him as a replacement for either Lafai or Morris, but a wing spot.

Maybe Des doesn't see him as a winger at all anymore, even though he's played at wing countless times.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Loyalty is one thing but having a selective memory is another. Being suspended 3 times in two seasons is a pattern a pattern that Inu, the club, Des and us fans can live without. Inu can be rocks and diamonds but no one likes to see him sitting on the sidelines and letting down the team.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson and Stanley over Inu. They are more consistent.

Inu can be better than both of them but he can't put more than 3 matches together at once. Not worth the risk.
I'm going to have to dissagree with you on this.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3 suspension ever aha
All while wearing the Doggies jersey and over a 2 year period. The two suspensions last year were quite lengthy (aha) If Inu is serious about returning to FG he must clean up his game. He has already had 1 suspension handed out to him this year. What good is a player sitting on the sidelines? I'm sure Des would be asking himself the same question.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Loyalty is one thing but having a selective memory is another. Being suspended 3 times in two seasons is a pattern a pattern that Inu, the club, Des and us fans can live without. Inu can be rocks and diamonds but no one likes to see him sitting on the sidelines and letting down the team.
True and the trouble is he is just about on rocks side as far as performance.
No doubting he can be destructive on his day but his indescretions can cost us big time.
This has been him all his career.
We just dont know what Inu is taking the field.
One of those mistakes could have seen us without one of the 1 point wins.
Too big of a risk.
Saying that I love his style of play......if we are belting the other side.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson and Stanley over Inu. They are more consistent.

Inu can be better than both of them but he can't put more than 3 matches together at once. Not worth the risk.
Disagree tbh. Thompson has been playing out of his skin, but if Inu finds the same consistency he had in 2012 then he's worth putting in the team. As long as the brain explosions are cut out to a bare minimum, Inu's best is better than Thompson's best. Stanley should be a shoe in when he's back, he was by far our best winger this season

Status
Not open for further replies.