Intimidating Defence !

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Our defence intimidates the opposition and forces errors.

We clearly saw that against the Souths few weeks ago and yesterday arvo against the Storm.

I HATE when people say "Souths played shit" or "Storm played shit" because of the errors or shit completion rate that we do force.

Our defence is the reason for them buckling. The opposition don't know what to do when our defence actually comes together so well.

Agree or disagree ??

UPDATE:

- Jamal Idris confirmed last night on the Footy Show that our defence forces ERROR. Thats what we did against the Panthers. Wew

I am telling you now. TEAMS BUCKLE.

Last edited by a moderator:

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The storm went close to beating the august premiers the chooks and on that night looked fluid and played their typical brand of footy.

Yesterday, in a finals game where their vast big game experience had them primed, at their home ground which is undeniably a huge advantage for them, they looked mundane and completely clueless as to how they could breach our line.

Similar case with the bunnies, recently demolished a close to full strength manly side at the scg with a powerhouse performance in both attack and defence. Against us they looked frustrated and disorganised, had it not been for a few key errors we likely would have went on to win that game too.

We are capable of grinding any team down, if we're able to play with that energy and determination for the remainder of our campaign and keep our errors and penalties low I'm confident we'll lift the trophy.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score

We clearly saw that against the Souths few weeks ago and yesterday arvo against the Storm.

I HATE when people say "Souths played shit" or "Storm played shit" because of the errors or shit completion rate that we do force.

Our defence is the reason for them buckling. The opposition don't know what to do when our defence actually comes together so well.

Agree or disagree ??
100% Agree... But I have to admit I love how all opposition supporters and commentators are still saying Melbourne lost it, how they still don't rate us!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Agree or disagree ??
Totally agree. We have been beaten in recent times because we played poorly, giving away possession and penalties. In some games we had 40%, or less of possession. No-one seemed to use that as an excuse for our opponents winning the game.

The Storm looked lost and clumsy because the Dogs didn't let them play their normal game. Credit should go to our forwards and backs for just shutting the Storm down.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree FreshSoul

Works well when our boys put in hard hits and come off the line to smash the opposition

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Agree as well.

To quote the great Steven Folkes back in 03 "defense wins you semi finals football"

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
nice, Folkesy was a champion player and coach, old school through and through
The 2 years he was at the tigers, they were the fittest and strongest team and after he left... Look at where they are now and have been since 2012...

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Updated thread with Jamals comment last night from the Footy show.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Storm played shit against us,
Manly played shit against us,
Penrith played shit against us....

What's the common denominator?

US!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sometimes you can only play as good as your opposition allows you....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What ive been saying is that when our aggression is there we are hard to beat ,we have been very aggresive in defence and attack

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Agree or disagree ??

UPDATE:

- Jamal Idris confirmed last night on the Footy Show that our defence forces ERROR. Thats what we did against the Panthers. Wew

I am telling you now. TEAMS BUCKLE.
I am in owe of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.