Interesting news thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What has the homeless got to do with immigration policies? I just don't see the connection. Maybe they can all stay here though, only need to learn a bit of russian, they should be fine :o

Trump isn't a hypocrite

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You see it all the time on social media. Mention that you think refugees should be treated better and you get: so, you will be taking them in at your place then?
I am all for for refugee intake, apart from my opinion it's a customary international law so it's pointless whinging about it even if you don't agree.. What irks me is that people put shit on our government for keeping the 'refugees' offshore.
These guys haven't been able to substantiate their refugee status at all.. Not even meeting the lenient "likely" status which grants them permanent protection visas.. Obviously something dodgy going on there.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly i am not even going to go there, MR I will nuke this thread quick smart if i do.
Glad you're not because you're going to go way off topic.. I'm sure he's been caught out as a hypocrite before he's only human.
When I said he's not a hypocrite I was referring to his stand on complying with immigration laws.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I am all for for refugee intake, apart from my opinion it's a customary international law so it's pointless whinging about it even if you don't agree.. What irks me is that people put shit on our government for keeping the 'refugees' offshore.
These guys haven't been able to substantiate their refugee status at all.. Not even meeting the lenient "likely" status which grants them permanent protection visas.. Obviously something dodgy going on there.
If you are a refugee offshore, you aren't a genuine refugee. Genuine refugees follow the UN procedures and by the time they land in Australia via PLANE, they are resettled as refugees.

Hence if you end up in an offshore detention centre, you haven't rocked up here on a plane, nor have you duped a visa and done a runner.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you are a refugee offshore, you aren't a genuine refugee. Genuine refugees follow the UN procedures and by the time they land in Australia via PLANE, they are resettled as refugees.

Hence if you end up in an offshore detention centre, you haven't rocked up here on a plane, nor have you duped a visa and done a runner.
WRONG!

if that were the case then the government would SIMPLY return them home as they ALREADY have those found to be non-refugees.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Regardless of how you feel about refugees you are wrong. Being a refugee has nothing to do with your mode of arrival. If you are genuinely fleeing war or prosecution you don’t necessarily have the luxury of filing the correct paperwork.

I’m not saying everybody wanting to come to Australia fits the definition of a refugee but please don’t act like being a refugee is as simple as going to an office and filing for a visa. It’s insulting to anyone who knows what a genuine refugee endures when they leave their home.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Regardless of how you feel about refugees you are wrong. Being a refugee has nothing to do with your mode of arrival. If you are genuinely fleeing war or prosecution you don’t necessarily have the luxury of filing the correct paperwork.

I’m not saying everybody wanting to come to Australia fits the definition of a refugee but please don’t act like being a refugee is as simple as going to an office and filing for a visa. It’s insulting to anyone who knows what a genuine refugee endures when they leave their home.
I read Anh Do's book over Christmas (the Happiest Refugee). Although he was only a little kid when they made the trip, and so a lot of it i think it pieced together by his family members, it makes for a good read.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Exactly! But people argue that some refugees were so spooked by their circumstances that they fled for their lives without ID's and unable to comply with refugee processing .. This has been identified as a problem and there are many resources to help confirm their stories. Theyre offered social workers, interpreters, lawyers , psychiatrists, doctors etc.. All for the sake of determining they're situation.

So it just doesn't sit well that they're genuine.

It's no secret that Australia offers pretty good welfare

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously this false shit about refugees is repeated over and over again on this forum. Each time the same people are proved wrong but they repeat these LIES over and over again

Just can the thread whenever this topic comes up because frankly its disgusting targeting a group of people fleeing persecution.

Even with some of those found to be non genuine refugees, as in the case of Tamils. We're sending them back to Sri Lanka to be persecuted all because we signed an agreement with Sri Lanka not to find these people as refugees

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read Anh Do's book over Christmas (the Happiest Refugee). Although he was only a little kid when they made the trip, and so a lot of it i think it pieced together by his family members, it makes for a good read.
Ahn Do is Vietnamese and was fleeing a war.. If he was entering Australia on a boat without ID.. I'm pretty sure his refugee status would be substantiated by the war alone.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously this false shit about refugees is repeated over and over again on this forum. Each time the same people are proved wrong but they repeat these LIES over and over again

Just can the thread whenever this topic comes up because frankly its disgusting targeting a group of people fleeing persecution.

Even with some of those found to be non genuine refugees, as in the case of Tamils. We're sending them back to Sri Lanka to be persecuted all because we signed an agreement with Sri Lanka not to find these people as refugees
Do you really think that our lenient government would send people back to danger if there was an inkling of truth to their stories.. Do you think the government don't know about the sri lankan agreement? Do you really think our government are inhumane and purposely go out of their way to break international laws ? I think you need to take a step back because you can't see the forest for the trees

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Some people just can't put aside their radical hate and bigotry to see the truth, it is quite sad really and especially when some of them call themselves 'Christians', no offence to real Christians, i grew up in the christian system myself and know plenty of fine folk from there.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some people just can't put aside their radical hate and bigotry to see the truth, it is quite sad really and especially when some of them call themselves 'Christians', no offence to real Christians, i grew up in the christian system myself and know plenty of fine folk from there.
OK you wanna go down the path of morals to shut people down I'll ride with you.. How many homeles people have you housed lately?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you really think that our lenient government would send people back to danger if there was an inkling of truth to their stories.. Do you think the government don't know about the sri lankan agreement? Do you really think our government are inhumane and purposely go out of their way to break international laws ? I think you need to take a step back because you can't see the forest for the trees
Why did we go into east Timor and help them with their independence from Indonesia? Was it because Howard was concerned with the killings or was it because we attempted to claim the gas fields off their coast when east Timor gained independence?

Yes there are those in our government WHO DO DO EVIL SHIT!

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...will-not-appeal-ruling-pregnant-asylum-seeker

FACTS!

dutton did not appeal our FEDERAL COURT RULING to bring a RAPED woman here to have an abortion. Even though dutton initially refused medical treatment to her in Australia.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol the salt melting the snowflakes. I think I prefer being a crowd member watching the logic be too super duper for my brain to photosynthesis into nazi language for me to understand.
Anyways good points have been made, mainly that people crying for the government to allow anyone into the country to offer their own money and houses and lead by example instead of telling everyone else to do it. Ironically most of the people being so amazingly empowered come from the most privilidged and entitled cultures/races.
Anyways I think this comes down to science. Most men with the left have a lower testosterone level whereby they’re easily offended by certain things and equate it to bullying but when surrounded by other soy boys like antifa, they suddenly become a big soy orgy completely empowered by tolerance and anti fascism whilst dictating to the world how everyone should be whilst killing and bashing people they deem evil lol. Anyways listen the main point of this post is all whamen queen.
Anyways I’ll go back to the sidelines and get cultured some more.

Wait! One more thing.

It’s a good laugh. I won’t add my opinion coz I’m poppy Harlow.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
KEEP IT CIVIL OR I'LL BRING OUT THE BANSTICK, THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY WARNING.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why did we go into east Timor and help them with their independence from Indonesia? Was it because Howard was concerned with the killings or was it because we attempted to claim the gas fields off their coast when east Timor gained independence?

Yes there are those in our government WHO DO DO EVIL SHIT!

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...will-not-appeal-ruling-pregnant-asylum-seeker

FACTS!

dutton did not appeal our FEDERAL COURT RULING to bring a RAPED woman here to have an abortion. Even though dutton initially refused medical treatment to her in Australia.
Dutton did the wrong thing by assuming her situation was not exceptional. He should've ensured the right process was deployed.

The people on Nauru are given access to medical , mental and social resources to help substantiate their claims but their claims haven't checked all the boxes.. Simple as that.

I hope that they can find their way to Australia but unfortunately they need to meet a criteria just like we all do.

What do you suggest? No boarder security?

Status
Not open for further replies.