Interesting news thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...herapist-will-now-pursue-life-gay-man-n961766

Once-prominent 'conversion therapist' will now 'pursue life as a gay man'
Described as the “intellectual godfather” of “ex-gay therapy,” David Matheson told NBC News he is now dating men.

David Matheson, a once prominent Mormon “conversion therapist” who claims to have helped some gay men remain in heterosexual marriages, is looking for a boyfriend.

The revelation broke Sunday night after the LGBTQ nonprofit Truth Wins Out obtained a private Facebook post made by fellow “conversion therapist” Rich Wyler, which stated that Matheson “says that living a single, celibate life ‘just isn’t feasible for him,’ so he’s seeking a male partner.”

Matheson then confirmed Wyler’s assertions on Tuesday with a Facebook post of his own. “A year ago I realized I had to make substantial changes in my life. I realized I couldn’t stay in my marriage any longer. And I realized that it was time for me to affirm myself as gay,” he wrote.

Matheson, who was married to a woman for 34 years and is now divorced, also confirmed in an interview with NBC News that he is now dating men.

So-called gay conversion therapy, which is sometimes referred to as “ex-gay therapy” or “reparative therapy,” is a pseudoscientific practice that seeks to change a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity. Talk therapy is currently the most commonly used technique, but some practitioners have also combined this with "aversion treatments," such as induced vomiting or electric shocks, according to a 2018 report by UCLA’s Williams Institute (Matheson stressed he never participated in "aversion therapy"). Nearly every major health association, including the American Medical Association and the American Psychological Association, has denounced the practice.

Matheson acknowledged his work has hurt some people, but he would not fully renounce “conversion therapy.” Instead, he blamed what he referred to as the “shame-based, homophobic-based system” of the Mormon church in which he was raised. He acknowledged that he perpetuated that system, but he also argued that he helped some men who wished to live “in congruence” with their faith.

“I know there are people who won’t be satisfied by anything less than a complete and unequivocal renunciation of everything,” Matheson said. “That’s hard, because I want people to feel the genuineness of my change of heart, but people need to understand that there is more than one reality in the world.” To those who feel harmed by his past work, he relayed a message: “I unequivocally apologize.”

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
OK you wanna go down the path of morals to shut people down I'll ride with you.. How many homeles people have you housed lately?
Absolutely zero, you didn't explain before what on earth that has to do with immigration?...Could you also tell me what the price of fish in china is while you are at it.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dutton did the wrong thing by assuming her situation was not exceptional. He should've ensured the right process was deployed.
Lol what an absolute load of garbage.

1. His job isnt to assume. His job is to make a decision based on the facts provided to him by the people working in that area. He was advised by doctors that she needed to come to Australia for medical treatment.

The people on Nauru are given access to medical , mental and social resources to help substantiate their claims but their claims haven't checked all the boxes.. Simple as that.
2. Read the article. Dutton suggested transferring her to PNG BECAUSE NAURUU DOES NOT HAVE THE FACILITIES TO TREAT ABORTION.

3. It is ILLEGAL in PNG to have an abortion hence their doctors do NOT have the necessary skills nor experience to perform that procedure. But sutton sent her there anyways

4. In conjunction with point 1 Dutton had NO PROBLEMS in reversing a border force decision to allow 2 au pairs into Australia when the border force investigations showed they were here to work under the wrong visa. But keep telling me that this was just a processing error

I hope that they can find their way to Australia but unfortunately they need to meet a criteria just like we all do.

What do you suggest? No boarder security
I posted the link above from the australian government.

79% genuine refugees in nauru
82% genuine refugees in PNG

We've kept them locked up in offshore detention for years

So no one would speak out against it the government put in whistle blower laws and THREATENED TO LOCK WHISTLE BLOWERS UP.

Doctors who worked in the offshore detention centers STILL spoke out against offshore detention EVEN in the face of being locked up by our government

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
KEEP IT CIVIL OR I'LL BRING OUT THE BANSTICK, THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY WARNING.
Why a ban stick you sexistfuck. Clearly stuck refers to a males meat sceptor which implies that the meat sceptor is stronger than a vaginal intake system. You actually need to get woke. Have you not seen the Gillette ad? I’ll answer for you. You’re white so clearly you haven’t.

P.s dragon ball super broly tonight.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Instead of telling the west to do everything for everyone why not put pressure on Saudi Arabia to stop that stuff and get the UN putting pressure as well. Oh that’s right. UN is for Saudi Arabia. So yeah let’s blame Australia and not blame the actual issue.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely zero, you didn't explain before what on earth that has to do with immigration?...Could you also tell me what the price of fish in china is while you are at it.
Two dulla..lol!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@CaptainJackson .. Sorry wasn't sure how to quote your questions individually but I answered them in bold

Lol what an absolute load of garbage.

1. His job isnt to assume. His job is to make a decision based on the facts provided to him by the people working in that area. He was advised by doctors that she needed to come to Australia for medical treatment.

I agreed that Dutton Was wrong, he should NOT have assumed that S99 wasn't an exceptional case. He should have followed the process to determine her situation via the set out procedure. It was a breach of care on his part and obviously didn't appeal because he had no grounds.

2. Read the article. Dutton suggested transferring her to PNG BECAUSE NAURUU DOES NOT HAVE THE FACILITIES TO TREAT ABORTION.

I'm not saying that Nauru has a fully functioning hospital , I work in one in one in the middle of an area of more than 20000 people and we still need to transfer and reroute hundreds of patients a year for appropriate treatment.

What I'm saying is they do have medical doctors and supplies to treat most acute cases. Abortion would probably sit in elective surgery unless it's life threatening

3. It is ILLEGAL in PNG to have an abortion hence their doctors do NOT have the necessary skills nor experience to perform that procedure. But sutton sent her there anyways

Well we've already established Dutton stuffed up and is an idiot but it was picked up by lawyers.

Therefore if this was picked up by lawyers then why don't the same lawyers take our government to court for keeping people locked up illegally?

4. In conjunction with point 1 Dutton had NO PROBLEMS in reversing a border force decision to allow 2 au pairs into Australia when the border force investigations showed they were here to work under the wrong visa. But keep telling me that this was just a processing error

I posted the link above from the australian government.

79% genuine refugees in nauru
82% genuine refugees in PNG

This is after processing the integrity of their claim.. Sometimes things take longer when there's no paperwork

We've kept them locked up in offshore detention for years

See above comment

So no one would speak out against it the government put in whistle blower laws and THREATENED TO LOCK WHISTLE BLOWERS UP.

I work for the state government and I'm bound by gag laws too . It's just how they roll

Doctors who worked in the offshore detention centers STILL spoke out against offshore detention EVEN in the face of being locked up by our government

I've read an article by a doctor on Nauru who talked about suicide on the island.
It's not a secret we know about the suicide, the young man setting himself on fire and although it's horrendous and sad it's not prevalent amongst the people there which doesn't stand as a reason to remove them Offshore

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ms Loomer sounds like an unhinged moron, and I expect this thread will eventually degrade into one of three things:
a) Political / Trump comments - and get nuked.
b) Realist90 anti-"woman" rant - and get nuked.
c) Religious Banter - and get nuked.
"B" ... we have a winner.

Safe Space Thread went for the same reason as this.. eventual shitfights.

Status
Not open for further replies.