Interesting facts thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not all men are as good looking as us. Some men have no other choice.
Those ugly men should still have the right to do the same to their ugly female counterparts, such as Crazy Cat Lady, my former Maths teacher, and Carrie Bickmore!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My cats breath smells like cat food

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
85% of statistics are made up including this one.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every 3rd child born in Australia is an Asian
That’s why we stopped at 2

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting fact:astonished: Even with the Roosters ever inflating sombrero the Roosters have only managed to win two Premierships in the last 17 years. { 2002, 2013} So I guess my Nana was right. Cheaters never really prosper and no matter how mush clucking Nick Politis does about his tri colours, they will always suck!!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
500 million Minties are consumed each year.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Banana’s are a herb
Well, they are kind of both.

A banana "tree" is a herbaceous plant (as opposed to a "tree" is its not "woody"), but the bananas on the tree themselves meet the definition of a fruit - they are what is growing on the plant and normally contain the seeds required for new life (although, in reality, commercially grown banana's seeds are largely useless these days).

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, they are kind of both.

A banana "tree" is a herbaceous plant (as opposed to a "tree" is its not "woody"), but the bananas on the tree themselves meet the definition of a fruit - they are what is growing on the plant and normally contain the seeds required for new life (although, in reality, commercially grown banana's seeds are largely useless these days).
Thankfully the last 23 years working as an agronomist in Tully NQ(Australia’s largest banana producing region)has helped me get a handle on what you’re saying,and as you correctly point out modern banana seeds are sterile and that is why TECHNICALLY they are agronomicly identified as Herbs,but thanks for the refresher lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Alan langer was 64kg when he played his first origin match

Status
Not open for further replies.