Official Injury updates

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saying he is not soft mate, may lack other areas but he is not soft
I think we need to be firmer with who they choose based on form. We can’t be too sentimental and loyal with what some serve up, we want to move up the ladder, not stay where we were last year. Maybe I’m a bit hard on Okunbor, but I just like you want our team to start being a success again. Baz has a lot of pressure to win games this year, I’m not the only one that thinks that - his career depends on it. Maybe he’s too nice to his players, but that won’t win games.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we need to be firmer with who they choose based on form. We can’t be too sentimental and loyal with what some serve up, we want to move up the ladder, not stay where we were last year. Maybe I’m a bit hard on Okunbor, but I just like you want our team to start being a success again. Baz has a lot of pressure to win games this year, I’m not the only one that thinks that - his career depends on it. Maybe he’s too nice to his players, but that won’t win games.
I’m not disagreeing just saying he isn’t soft. He isn’t the answer we all no that

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing just saying he isn’t soft. He isn’t the answer we all no that
He lacks the ability to be a winger. The only thing he offers is height. Which is useless anyways cause he’s too slow to contest kicks and can’t catch them anyways. I think we should try Burns and Lumelume

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Medically retire RFM and go buy a ball playing lock.
It seems like we're a club that loves giving guys with running injury issues the best chance to get through things. I mean both Burns, King and Cook were recruited probably on the cheap because they've struggled to remain healthy for numerous years. I'm not sure if RFM will be here for another contract. But if our recent history is anything to go by he'll probably be here another few years even if he's just in the physio rooms.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what the deal is with Corey Allen? Worlds longest hamstring strain recovery.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buy a big Hethrington replacement.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs
  • Ava Seumanufagai (COVID protocols, round 8)
  • Brent Naden (COVID protocols, round 8)
  • Jake Averillo (COVID protocols, round 8)
  • Reece Hoffman (COVID protocols, round 8)
  • Paul Alamoti (ankle, round 8)
  • Brandon Wakeham (calf, round 8-9)
  • Braidon Burns (hamstring, round 15)
  • Corey Allan (hamstring, indefinite)
  • Chris Patolo (concussion, indefinite)
  • Raymond Faitala-Mariner (foot, indefinite)
  • Jack Hetherington (shoulder, season)
  • Matt Doorey (knee, mid-season)

Always a Bulldog

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the latest update on the injury list ? Would like to know on Allen and rfm

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Allen was 100% fit ,he is still miles away . . . Cant wait to see RFM again though
Yer agree with Allan. And agree with rfm I hope for he sake he can come good again when he was fit for us he was hard to handle I for one will be glad when he is back hopefully means the end of Waddell and stimson

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yer agree with Allan. And agree with rfm I hope for he sake he can come good again when he was fit for us he was hard to handle I for one will be glad when he is back hopefully means the end of Waddell and stimson
I cant see us re-signing RFM though, At least he will get a chance to impress his next employer ,which can only be good for us

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Injury Ward: TPJ on the mend; Burns not far away

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs has provided the latest on the club's injury front.
Tevita Pangai Junior

• Projected Return: Round 13 v Eels/Round 14 v Wests Tigers
  • Injury: Lower Back
Bulldogs backrower Tevita Pangai Junior was ruled out last Sunday in the lead up to our Dragon's fixture at Belmore. The Tongan international aggravated a disc in his lower back during the week.

Braidon Burns

• Projected Return: Round 16 v Sharks
  • Injury: Hamstring
Centre Braidon Burns is recovering from a hamstring tendon tear suffered in Round 6 against the South Sydney Rabbitohs. Burns has started training with the main squad again, and is pushing for availability in Round 16 against the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks.

Matt Doorey

• Projected Return: Round 17 (Bye)
  • Injury: ACL Reconstruction
Backrower Matt Doorey is recovering from a ruptured ACL suffered in Round 24 last season against the Manly Sea Eagles. The forward recently underwent biomechanical testing in Canberra, which gave positive implications around a potential return date. Doorey is on track to be available for Round 18.

Jack Hetherington

• Projected Return: 2023
  • Injury: Shoulder Reconstruction
Forward Jack Hetherington dislocated his shoulder in Canterbury-Bankstown's Round 3 clash against the Manly Sea Eagles. Hetherington underwent shoulder reconstruction surgery in April and has recently returned to running for extended periods.

Billy Tsikrikas

• Injury: Patella Ligament Reconstruction
2022 NRL debutant Billy Tsikrikas, damaged his medial patella ligament and medial meniscus in Canterbury-Bankstown's NSW Cup match against the Western Suburb Magpies. The forward will undergo surgery in early June and is expected to be sidelined until late-November.

Always a Bulldog

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Injury Ward: TPJ on the mend; Burns not far away

Share on social media
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs has provided the latest on the club's injury front.
Tevita Pangai Junior

• Projected Return: Round 13 v Eels/Round 14 v Wests Tigers
  • Injury: Lower Back
Bulldogs backrower Tevita Pangai Junior was ruled out last Sunday in the lead up to our Dragon's fixture at Belmore. The Tongan international aggravated a disc in his lower back during the week.

Braidon Burns

• Projected Return: Round 16 v Sharks
  • Injury: Hamstring
Centre Braidon Burns is recovering from a hamstring tendon tear suffered in Round 6 against the South Sydney Rabbitohs. Burns has started training with the main squad again, and is pushing for availability in Round 16 against the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks.

Matt Doorey

• Projected Return: Round 17 (Bye)
  • Injury: ACL Reconstruction
Backrower Matt Doorey is recovering from a ruptured ACL suffered in Round 24 last season against the Manly Sea Eagles. The forward recently underwent biomechanical testing in Canberra, which gave positive implications around a potential return date. Doorey is on track to be available for Round 18.

Jack Hetherington

• Injury: Shoulder Reconstruction
Forward Jack Hetherington dislocated his shoulder in Canterbury-Bankstown's Round 3 clash against the Manly Sea Eagles. Hetherington underwent shoulder reconstruction surgery in April and has recently returned to running for extended periods.

Billy Tsikrikas

• Injury: Patella Ligament Reconstruction
2022 NRL debutant Billy Tsikrikas, damaged his medial patella ligament and medial meniscus in Canterbury-Bankstown's NSW Cup match against the Western Suburb Magpies. The forward will undergo surgery in early June and is expected to be sidelined until late-November.

Always a Bulldog
Terrible news for Billy wanted to see him play more first grade. Hopefully next year. I’d be surprised if TPJ is rushed back next week unless he’s doing contact at training this week.