Official Injury updates

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I asked in another thread. Prob more appropriate here
Havnt heard anything from the club yet. Hope its not bad. Im not even sure if its the same foor that has been in a moon boot these past months.....

Lakas

Waterboy
Reaction score
According to Foxsports:

The Dogs have also been dealt a major injury blow with Kiwi Test backrower Raymond Faitala-Mariner expected to be ruled out for up to four months with a foot injury.

The Bulldogs right edge backrower will have scans on the injury later on Tuesday.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
According to Foxsports:

The Dogs have also been dealt a major injury blow with Kiwi Test backrower Raymond Faitala-Mariner expected to be ruled out for up to four months with a foot injury.

The Bulldogs right edge backrower will have scans on the injury later on Tuesday.
Ouch

Chance for Doorey to show something?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It will be Waddell in and Stimson/Smith bench.
Most likely first up, but if RFM is gone for most of the season, Doorey has a bit of time to state his case and get a call up if one of the guys in front of him is injured or not performing sufficiently.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If he was a horse or greyhound he’d be put down, makes Foran look like the terminator

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Think we can close this thread.... who could we honestly give a shit about being out injured?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We just can’t get the rub of the green at all...
I could jerk myself off with a pneumothorax, multiple times a day. He should be able to play.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He tppl it sp bravely and then told the physios he had to go off They thought he was bullshitting. Kept him on longer than they should have. Poor bastard...So much for people saying he is guttless....
I tore ny intercostal muscles once, they hold your rib cartilage together. Most painful thing i have ever experience. Had to take amonth 9ff work as i couldnt l8ft my arms much past my waist. Fucking horrible!! Poor bastard.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From the NRL Physio - includes an instructive video

"Raymond Faitala-Mariner’s navicular fracture is a recurring issue from the preseason. Did have “clean out” ankle surgery in Dec/Jan, but Bulldogs initially tried to manage navicular issue (stress reaction?) conservatively (rehab, no surgery). Obviously developed into a fracture."

"Bulldogs hoping for a 3-4 month return, can’t understate how tricky recovery is from navicular fractures. Will have to check if bone is healed @ 6 weeks, not always the case due to poor blood supply. Often gradual & extended recovery with a slow return to peak performance."

Q: Similar to lisfranc?

"It’s a tight race between those 2, but I’d argue a navicular fracture is worse. Has ended careers, guys have required multiple surgeries & bone grafts. More unpredictable recovery than most injuries."

So this is a very serious & possibly a career threatening injury.