News Injury update: Lewis and Allan released from hospital

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs can provide the follow injury update on Corey Allan and Lachlan Lewis.

Allan and Lewis were both taken to hospital after heavy knocks following the club's round nine loss to the St George Illawarra Dragons last night, but both were released from hospital overnight.

Scans cleared Allan of any head or neck injury, but the outside back has suffered a grade two AC joint injury to his shoulder which will sideline him for 1-3 weeks.

Meanwhile Lewis was cleared of any internal organ damage after leaving the field in the 65th minute. The half is awaiting further scans for any possible fractures.

In other injury news, prop forward Ava Seumanufagai has passed his off-field medical assessment after failing to finish the game due to a HIA and Dylan Napa missed the round nine match due to failing his return to play contact progressions on his injured shoulder. He will progress this week with an aim to play at Magic Round against the Canberra Raiders.

Captain Josh Jackson (calf), hooker Jeremy Marshall-King (foot) and prop Jack Hetherington (suspension) are three rounds away. Winger Jayden Okunbor (knee) and forward Raymond Faitala-Mariner (foot) are aiming for a mid-June return.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fu#k, im going to magic round this weekend and it looks like our line up is going to be the worst this year....

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow, when it rains it pours. We really are in a hole now. Honestly, if I made a list of 'worst case scenarios' before the season started, pretty much every one would be checked at this point (Flanagan would be a dud, Cotric would fail at centre, Hetherington's judiciary record would bite us, Barrett's contribution at Penrith was overrated, Elliott would regress to his usual form after being re-signed, etc etc and now a massive injury toll).

On Allan though, the lack of reaction from our team after the kid got absolutely smashed to the ground by the Dragons defense - and I mean either being concerned or using it to fire up tells me all I need to know about this current mob.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see the “magic” the Raiders perform on us this week.